Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

A Handed Missus posted:

ur wish has been granted

hell yeah. now they'll all pay...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Gringostar posted:

unlike everything else the house sends him he literally can't just ignore impeachment passing

i know i'm not being sarcastic

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Basebf555 posted:

McConnell has said he will hold a trial but that it will be an extremely quick sham trial just to technically fulfill the Constitutional requirement. He basically came right out and said that.

Chief Justice Roberts will run the trial; the Senate Majority Leader is not a Constitutionally-recognized position. All he can do is act like a party whip, but the proceedings are Roberts's prerogative.

e: don't tell anybody but I'm on the supreme court too so that's how I know this

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dolphin posted:

you wear a nice suit to order curly fries at Arby's?

you dont?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

emfive posted:

I don't think it's in McConnell's power to do anything here without a massive Constitutional crisis
oh no a Republican might disregard the Constitution, this will have ever so many consequence(s)

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
she's running

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1194346626631884800

but did they get enough time to eat lunch??

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

smarxist posted:

https://twitter.com/walletcheck/status/1194375775559929856

another example of why horny was, is, and always must be, prohibited

:psyduck:

until the Left embraces horny they will always lose

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Addamere posted:

sometime last week i was seriously considering buying this jacket

but then im like

no addamere you already have a winter coat and somehow 2 light jackets as well as a couple of hoodies, why would you do this, that is not a smart thing to do, and instead i posted one of the songs from the Drive soundtrack in the trump thread

Was it nightcall

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

FactsAreUseless posted:

oh no a Republican might disregard the Constitution, this will have ever so many consequence(s)

well sure but it would immediately hit the Supreme Court and all the ultra-originalists would have to be on board or else everything is meaningless

basically the power class would be shooting itself in the foot to stonewall something literally written explicitly in the Constitution

e: to be clear here, pass me the bong and I'll happily sneer along with you

K9
May 6, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

The Left Hand of Darkness is a really sexy book is certainly a take

p sure kemmer is prohibited

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
What if Big Dick Mitch submarines Trump just to do a sitting President

as like a capstone to his career as legislator

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1194384485682470913

everyone doing some crimes

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

if yuou agree with me, go to three joe three oh three

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

An Apple A Gay posted:

seriously in real life i call everyone 'dude'

Wham. Straight to jail. No phone call, no lawyer, no charge.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
if the trump era has taught us anything it's that american government is built on norms, not laws. that doesn't mean there still aren't some actual laws though.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

UFOTacoMan posted:

hopefully this is what you are after

I went back to the october thread just for you

hell yeah, thank you friendo

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

getting a job is easy you just go down to the Presidential Personnel Office wearing a variety of disguises and apply to several positions then never show up to work and collect hundreds of thousands of dollars

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Relevant Tangent posted:

until the Left embraces horny they will always lose

didn’t you read it ? they’re totally leftists. they just seem like wealthy entitled idiot assholes because they’re so smart and creative

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
how do i get rid of the hideous new youtube frontpage?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Durf posted:

getting a job is easy you just go down to the Presidential Personnel Office wearing a variety of disguises and apply to several positions then never show up to work and collect hundreds of thousands of dollars

dont forget to photoshop yourself onto the cover of time magazine

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
SA parliament is taking comments from the people on the cspam question for the next 30 minutes so throw your best pitch to get us top level and out from under the boot
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3903638&pagenumber=10&perpage=40

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/markknoller/status/1194383048244105217

no it doesnt

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
also from a purely political calculus standpoint republicans have a lot more to lose by not holding a trial than they do by holding one

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

Drunkboxer posted:

didn’t you read it ? they’re totally leftists. they just seem like wealthy entitled idiot assholes because they’re so smart and creative

me, injecting so much botulism into my face that i cannot open my eyes fully:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

sounds like diddly squat will come from that qcs thread, lol

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
unless of course you think republicans will never have anything to lose because they've already won everything and it's all over

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
meanwhile, in china

https://i.imgur.com/5Bc3Bt9.mp4

the cops are trying to take over the main university since that's where the internet hub is for pretty much the entire protest movement

if they get it then they can basically identify and round up everyone involved one by one

:rip: lots of people

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

smarxist posted:

SA parliament is taking comments from the people on the cspam question for the next 30 minutes so throw your best pitch to get us top level and out from under the boot
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3903638&pagenumber=10&perpage=40

holy poo poo this is real

what

how is this possible, I mean how can anybody take poo poo seriously like that

oh wait, d&d

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Gringostar posted:

meanwhile, in china

https://i.imgur.com/5Bc3Bt9.mp4

the cops are trying to take over the main university since that's where the internet hub is for pretty much the entire protest movement

if they get it then they can basically identify and round up everyone involved one by one

:rip: lots of people

lol at a literal war zone in hong kong

having a normal one

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Plinkey posted:

dont forget to photoshop yourself onto the cover of time magazine

"it says here you're TIME's 'Trump Lover of the Year?

YOU'RE HIRED!!!!!"

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

here's what the White House has to say about Stephen Miller's leaked emails

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I love how the same people that cheer on that old piece of poo poo vet threatening to commit a mass shooting on protesters also get incensed over people possibly stealing their maga hats and burning them

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 359 days!

bloom posted:

how do i get rid of the hideous new youtube frontpage?

Turn off your monitor

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

tacodaemon posted:

here's what the White House has to say about Stephen Miller's leaked emails

Having a normal one

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

:shrug: why no go up?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

cspexit

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Gonna throw this out here that after this dumpster fire we rename the White House to another color and call the previous residence the poo poo house

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

smarxist posted:

as a man of the people, i assume you are all rushing in to nominate me for Mod Powers. thank you. thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Gringostar posted:

unlike everything else the house sends him he literally can't just ignore impeachment passing

based on the way a few R senators have been acting, I don't think Trump has this in the bag quite as securely as he thinks. time will tell i suppose