Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

tulsi still silent on a brazenly obvious military coup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-79HxwMAHw4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

gonna lol if the 'stop regime change wars' candidate doesnt take a position against yet another obvious cia-orchestrated regime change

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

zegermans posted:

man Warren has really just collapsed into idiotic shitlib hedging on everything as soon as she caught the slightest sniff that she could win

Warren may be a left leaning lib, but that lib part will always end up being what trumps everything.

Never be a lib kids.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don’t see how you can have a poll with a 14 point swing for a candidate and not think wow we hosed up somewhere

I think about this a lot

I remember being devastated when my t-tests for an undergrad project didn't pass muster, I was upset that I did such shoddy work. And like... all through my life I've tried to maintain a sense of that pride, to tell myself that if I'm doing something I should do it well, even though we all loving know that since we're often not the owners of the products we produce we are alienated from them and thus caring about them is a trick. Still
Still, you wanna be able to say "this thing I'm putting out isn't complete garbage, right? Like... how loving BAD do your methods have to be that the spread on one particular candidate is more than the % of respondents who chose him? How can you put that out and go "looks good. Looks good to me. Print."

And SO MANY polls have those sky high margins of error. How can anyone be happy with the science they're doing? I mean the easy answer is right there, they're not, but I don't know how an outfit can put out numbers like this and say they're providing a service.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Free cspam

legally obligated to post "no thanks"

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grondoth posted:

I think about this a lot

I remember being devastated when my t-tests for an undergrad project didn't pass muster, I was upset that I did such shoddy work. And like... all through my life I've tried to maintain a sense of that pride, to tell myself that if I'm doing something I should do it well, even though we all loving know that since we're often not the owners of the products we produce we are alienated from them and thus caring about them is a trick. Still
Still, you wanna be able to say "this thing I'm putting out isn't complete garbage, right? Like... how loving BAD do your methods have to be that the spread on one particular candidate is more than the % of respondents who chose him? How can you put that out and go "looks good. Looks good to me. Print."

And SO MANY polls have those sky high margins of error. How can anyone be happy with the science they're doing? I mean the easy answer is right there, they're not, but I don't know how an outfit can put out numbers like this and say they're providing a service.

The service they are providing is to help shape the narrative.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Grondoth posted:

I think about this a lot

see, you're using the dumb person's measure of being the best, where it means the thing you are doing produced more desirable results than anyone else. Media figures and guys in numbers fuckstein fields like polling prefer the Smart Person measure of being the best, where it means you did a thing in a more complicated way than anyone else

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Grondoth posted:

I think about this a lot

How was anyone at S&P happy giving AAA ratings to every MBS that came their way? You do what the money tells you to do.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

https://old.reddit.com/r/ElizabethWarren/comments/dvfjym/warren_hasnt_said_anything_about_lula_or_evo/

A subreddit mod deleted it and sticky commented, "Removed for concern trolling."

I got in there with this comment. hopin i get banned

"She's a capitalist to her bones and she doesn't want to appear as a threat to the interests of global capital. It's that simple."

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
The Elizabeth Warren Reddit

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1194379569333227526

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Folks, the lemon party, we're bringing it back...

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Home of the Lizraelites

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Lol Trump has ruined her brain and now she apes his cadence

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Enormous pressure in the form of her rich friends calling her with worries about Biden's leaky broken brain

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
the tell all book on the joe biden campaign will be incredible, eagerly looking forward to the part where all this searching for a centrist savior was caused by him like, forgetting hes not in his house during a fundraiser and going upstairs then going to bed.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

no because that would be actually humanizing

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

oh no, another *checks notes* Democrat has dropped out of the race :ohdear:

https://twitter.com/USATODAY/status/1194311897207713794

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

loquacius posted:

Why is Shahid Buttar doing an event in New York though, nobody there can vote for him :confused:

I guess it'd probably get him a buttload of donations but it would make more sense for him to focus on SF or at least on the Bay Area

these things happen all the time in NYC, it's literally just that, bundling donations for facetime for wealthy people.

last one I was at was for that atrocious "Badass Woman" rep from Michigan, Slotkin. the only upside to having a family connection to people of this caliber is that I occasionally get to make centrists squirm, which owns.

woof that'll teach me to leave the reply open, uh, anyway, there's a shitload of money just sitting out there and these hapless doofuses do not know what to do with it

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

hahahahaha

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
speaking of joe I loving hate that this primary sucks so loving much and all the candidates have so little charisma that joe biden is like, insanely more likeable and human than most of them.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

put reality tv star donald trump in the democratic debates

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

WampaLord posted:

oh btw re: that iowa poll

the MOE for Bernie is higher than for other candidates lmao gtfo of here with believing polls (that aren't good for Bernie)

if the margin of error for each candidate 10-14% then why even release the poll at all

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

turn off the TV posted:

if the margin of error for each candidate 10-14% then why even release the poll at all

They're not paid to be scientific

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Pomp posted:

They're not paid to be scientific

or like useful.

My school did polling for Bush/Gore that was probably more useful

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
whats the brexit equivalent of cspam called

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

mastershakeman posted:

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1194321492537991169

I gotta be honest I don't understand buttigieg voters. I guess I assumed they'd all go for Harris and she's totally flatlined just like beto and I can't explain why butt resonates where Harris/Beto didn't. Maybe his total lack of record helps

lol, so bernie has a huge jump in a poll and everyone scrambles to release press releases saying its an outlier, and releasing articles explaining outliers and other panicking. Mayo pete has a 14 point jump and oh, i guess thats just fine, no problem here.

lmao

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
the troubles but for posting

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
The QCS thread is temporarily reopened and they aren't doing poo poo.

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva

A Handed Missus posted:

put reality tv star donald trump in the democratic debates

He should 100% be the moderator.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

VR Native American posted:

He should 100% be the moderator.

unless they personally insult him he would check out in five minutes

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
lol, just lmao, @ the re opened qcs

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

CharlestheHammer posted:

unless they personally insult him he would check out in five minutes

I’d watch a debate moderated by a dementia patient addicted to Twitter

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Every time he's caught eating it looks like he's injecting venom

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Thoguh posted:

The QCS thread is temporarily reopened and they aren't doing poo poo.

Or indeed reading poo poo

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I’d watch a debate moderated by a dementia patient addicted to Twitter

they would just give him coke like usual and he'd be fine

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
EXTRA EDIT: I support PPJs modding and have seen the sheer multitudes of reports that they have looked over and worked upon. There are hundreds a week in D&D and they work across them with LK all the time. I admire anyone who moderates a high traffic forum that receives a ton of reports (but still not enough going by some of the threads that need help) like D&D or GBS or C-spam and keep things running as smooth as they do. It is not a simple task at all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
time to loving riot