Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Gruckles posted:

If I remember right, ancient arrows still get you drops from guardians. It's just regular enemies that are 100% obliterated by them.

yup, and from what I've counted I think cutting the legs off guardians nets you a smaller pile of parts once you finish them off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

drat it. Now I want a Zelda game where I can play as the three Heroes of the Triforce and freely switch between them.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Doesn't everyone want that at all times?

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009
Trine: Zelda Edition could actually work.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I’m down for that.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

is BotW2 out yet

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

romanowski posted:

is BotW2 out yet

Q4 2020 at the earliest. See you next year.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

romanowski posted:

is BotW2 out yet

Yes, restart the switch eshop

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
The Master Sword basically makes guardian fights fairly trivial, huh? I am really shocked at how quickly that difficulty curve flattened out, esp with guardian arows. i deliberately haven't bought the armor set yet, because pausing the game to switch clothes is stupid, but also because it feels like it'd make them trivial.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

The Guardians are a joke once you're far enough into the game (or right from the beginning if you can shield parry them consistently). You can chop off their legs while they just hang out and take it. The Master Sword especially is extremely OP against them.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Just started playing Minish Cap for the first time.

Any tips? Just general stuff like with BotW where people recommend getting up to Hateno before starting to explore everywhere.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Lol Minish Cap is very linear so those kind of tips are useless.

Don't worry very much about Kinstones. They are pretty lazily implemented.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

MokBa posted:

The Guardians are a joke once you're far enough into the game (or right from the beginning if you can shield parry them consistently). You can chop off their legs while they just hang out and take it. The Master Sword especially is extremely OP against them.

The thing I kept running into when I played regularly was that the Master Sword tended to take two swipes to take the legs off, so when I was farming parts, I'd typically use the Ancient Shortsword instead.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Don't play it

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Haha but I kid Minish Cap it's near the bottom but still ok

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

maltesh posted:

The thing I kept running into when I played regularly was that the Master Sword tended to take two swipes to take the legs off, so when I was farming parts, I'd typically use the Ancient Shortsword instead.

Spinning to win with a guardian weapon or a sufficiently powerful weapon (an Edge of Duality or a Royal Greatsword) is also extremely effective.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

There’s some permanently missable items in Minish Cap so maybe look those up if you want to get everything

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

Obviously take with a moon-sized grain of salt

https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/rumor-nintendo-targeting-2020-release-for-breath-of-the-wild-sequel/

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The timetable lines up with the norm I guess. I’d say this is an educated guess dressed up as a leak

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

The leaker, Sabi posted:

I would tell you Botw2 is planned to release in 2020, but Zelda release dates are historically delayed, internally or publicly LOL

Yeah wouldn't hang your hat on this leaker. If it does happen I'll eat mine though.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Back in my day we released same-engine Zelda sequels in less than eighteen months :arghfist::mad:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Minish Cap was better than botw

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RBA Starblade posted:

Minish Cap was better than botw

The hat was better than the "breath" sure

But not the games lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Bloop posted:

The hat was better than the "breath" sure

But not the games lol

No, the games too

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RBA Starblade posted:

No, the games too

Everyone is welcome to hold a wrong opinion, friend

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Minish Cap was indeed better than BotW according to the "games I cared enough to beat" metric. But the stuff I enjoyed in BotW was more fun and creative than anything in Minish Cap by a mile, even if I'm mediocre on the end result.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Bloop posted:

Everyone is welcome to hold a wrong opinion, friend

I don't know what I'd do otherwise!

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Raposa posted:

Yeah wouldn't hang your hat on this leaker. If it does happen I'll eat mine though.

Zelda YouTubers been pushing this since the announcement trailer. I ain’t holding my breath but it’d be awesome if they could pull it off. A much smaller scope game with existing assets would be doable, a la Majoras Mask.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I saw a bunch of "Nintendo please Majora this and do a rapid-turnaround botw2 with reused assets" takes when botw was new, so maybe nintendo was listening

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its coming in 2020 imo

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

its coming in 2020 imo

Joking aside, that'd be my guess, the preview seemed like something you'd do when you at least had a rough idea of completing it before *too* long. Then again, it is a Zelda game so :shrug:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

It feels like poo poo gets announced much closer to release now than was the case like 3 or 4 years ago, is my only reasoning

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

Haha but I kid Minish Cap it's near the bottom but still ok

honestly same

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

It feels like poo poo gets announced much closer to release now than was the case like 3 or 4 years ago, is my only reasoning
This is definitely the case. Notice how Nintendo has announced pretty much nothing for 2020 right now? Or how that exact same situation applied for 2019 this time last year?

I feel the multiple BotW delays was one of the last straws for them on this front and now they avoid giving distant previews of their stuff like the plague. Which, honestly, I support, I hate knowing that oh, something cool will be coming five years from now, please look forward to it!

This is also clearly why they did not give a date for BotW 2, so they don't have to move said date back if it doesn't work out.

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009
It's also the only Zelda game which positions itself as a straight-up sequel in the title, so I wouldn't be surprised if recycling a lot of core assets and mechanics speeds up development. I feel the closest comparison for a straight sequel like this, next to Majora, would be Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2. While the first one took ages to make, the second took on y three years.

So yeah, 2020 sounds reasonable to me.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
I hope botw2 doubles down on durability. Armor durability. Horse durability. Sheikah slate durability. Sorry, you talked to that npc too many times, they’re gone now

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
After you play the game for 50 hours it bricks the console

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

That's some highly concentrated durability salt you have there!

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Joy-cons are luckily just barely more durable than a halberd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
As you run across the hillside above kakariko village, the accelerated erosion due to contact with the hero causes a huge landslide, killing all the cuccos and trapping several children in the wreckage. you have done this. you monster.