Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

extra row of teeth posted:

I’m going to try and get my AR up and running again so if you are ok with it being TOTALLY AND 100% LEGIT I SWEAR, I could probably get you a shiny tympole. Going to reinstall AR after posting this.

1349 5241 1721 ign Pena

I got one I already bred I could send you. i'm okay with receiving a clone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

sexpig by night posted:

what's the travel situation in general, actually, didn't the trailers have some bike weirdness like a water one and all?

The bike is your Ride Pokémon replacement.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

hopeandjoy posted:

BOOO

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

hopeandjoy posted:

lame, lemmie ride them mons!!!!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
imagine being the herb who rides a bike when you HAVE A UNICORN FRIEND

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Just because a unicorn is your friend doesn't mean you're pure and innocent enough for it to let you ride it.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Flopsy posted:

I got one I already bred I could send you. i'm okay with receiving a clone.

Cool, thanks! My AR seems to be working just fine, if you don’t care about nature or IVs I’m just going to hit the shiny button on my living sex tympole and will be ready to trade right afterwards.

EDIT: It’s ready!

Also I just realized my typo and I’m leaving it. Mods please change my username and band name to living sex tympole

Mr. Creakle fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Nov 13, 2019

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Cattail Prophet posted:

Just because a unicorn is your friend doesn't mean you're pure and innocent enough for it to let you ride it.

that's fine, my giant turtle friend won't care if I gently caress

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

extra row of teeth posted:

Cool, thanks! My AR seems to be working just fine, if you don’t care about nature or IVs I’m just going to hit the shiny button on my living sex tympole and will be ready to trade right afterwards.

Aight. I got you registered.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Flopsy posted:

Aight. I got you registered.

Sweet, logging onto plaza.

Also my IGN is Fumu sorry, I haven’t done 3ds poo poo in years.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Metapod posted:

Do we know if we will be able to control the pokemon flying or will it be a fast travel like always

What's your gut tell you?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Cavauro posted:

That tweet is the lie. don't listen to liars lying about lies.

This. Someone in their replies also posted a video of some person playing the game, and the sound stuff simply isn't unlocked at the start. You definitely need something to unlock it, and no pokemon evolves with headphones

https://twitter.com/birdlegscass/status/1194396288844017664

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

what makes you think its not ready and not that theyre just not putting it in?
If they're seriously not planning on having GTS/trading with strangers in any form that seems real lame.

But also, people were speculating that sort of stuff would be available through home, and home's apparently not going to be out with the game.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Thanks so much :) Been trying to get one of these drat things forever. Enjoy the Tympole!

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Glad to be of service, just ask if there's anything you need in the future I'm stuffed to the gills with legendaries and shinies.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I was just gonna get this day 1 regardless but honestly that 60 bucks price tag is looking less and less justifiable

I think if nothing else I'm gonna hold off buying it and listening to more people's impressions in a week or two after release

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Oxyclean posted:

Code based trading = trading with friend codes? Ah ok, that's not nearly as bad then.

Still seems a bit lame to ship the game before the online is actually ready, though?

Let's Go has a dumb trading system where instead of being able to directly connect to people on your Switch friend's list you create a 3-digit room code made of pokemon faces, and then message your friend what it is, and hope you connect to them instead of some other rando that also entered squirtle-pikachu-charmander.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

blizzardvizard posted:

I was just gonna get this day 1 regardless but honestly that 60 bucks price tag is looking less and less justifiable

I think if nothing else I'm gonna hold off buying it and listening to more people's impressions in a week or two after release

yea I'm looking forward to it still but what a bad combo of 'first 'real' pokemon on switch' and 'first 60 dollar pokemon'. They really need to work out a non-yearly release, maybe use Let's Go or gently caress even other side games like Dungeon or Rangers or poo poo to increase the distance.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

dang, i wanted the earbuds to be a toxel evo item because i love that little gremlin and its evo and its entire theming in general

i can only hope the truth is a mixture of both and you need that option open and to fiddle with it to inspire a toxel in your party to evolve the next time they level up, but i doubt that'd be the case. in a world where inkay and malamar exist it's not too crazy, though.

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.

Even if this were true, if it were in a game like Red Dead Redemption then it would be praised for it's immersion. Seems like people are just looking for a reason to complain.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ZHamburglar posted:

Even if this were true, if it were in a game like Red Dead Redemption then it would be praised for it's immersion. Seems like people are just looking for a reason to complain.

Nah locking accessibility option behind dumb poo poo like this would always be bad no matter the game. It sucks rear end my dude.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Remember in US/UM when if you wanted to disable motion controls you had to complete the first motion control section, then know to go to the Game Freak office and find the employee that's sucking himself off about how cool gyroscope controls are, and tell him you want to use the circle pad instead?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Gruckles posted:

Remember in US/UM when if you wanted to disable motion controls you had to complete the first motion control section, then know to go to the Game Freak office and find the employee that's sucking himself off about how cool gyroscope controls are, and tell him you want to use the circle pad instead?

I don't know why anyone gives GF the benefit of the doubt when it comes to implementation of mechanics or QoL features. It takes them multiple games to just do the smallest updates lol

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Nah locking accessibility option behind dumb poo poo like this would always be bad no matter the game. It sucks rear end my dude.

It seems innocuous actually.

I find it funny that the volume settings being tied to an item has become some kind of propaganda, and how the slightest thing sparks controversy about the game.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Gruckles posted:

oh yeah i forgot about that. yeah that was pretty bad.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Johnny Joestar posted:

dang, i wanted the earbuds to be a toxel evo item because i love that little gremlin and its evo and its entire theming in general

i can only hope the truth is a mixture of both and you need that option open and to fiddle with it to inspire a toxel in your party to evolve the next time they level up, but i doubt that'd be the case. in a world where inkay and malamar exist it's not too crazy, though.

If you really want to know: Toxel evolves at level 30, there aren't any gimmicks.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Someone claims to have figured out the key to Toxtricty's form change:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattFrancis_/status/1194375026151231489

Also, this thread gives more info on the earbuds and Toxtricity's abilities: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/259372-pokemon-sword/78152737

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Whats this I hear about people having their poo poo in a bind about SwSh

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Like it's too short or something????

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Mr. Whale posted:

Nah it's dumb.

Good user name post combo tho!

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

They don't have every Pokemon ever and now everything is terrible about it. If I can't have my Pidgey then you will be hearing from my manager.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

There's a lot of little "not great" sounding stuff.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Yeah, reports its kinda short with not much post game.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Streamers beat it blind in uh, something like 14 hours. Which isn't really that bad, since they were obviously skipping side trainers and talking to NPCs and stuff, but yeah, it does seem shorter than previous gen.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Mr. Whale posted:

I find it funny that the volume settings being tied to an item has become some kind of propaganda, and how the slightest thing sparks controversy about the game.

locking things like basic volume stuff behind something arbitrary is kind of poo poo for people with genuine hearing issues who might want to lower the music so they can hear other sounds more clearly. that's only one example. there's no reason to do it in the first place and all it does is annoy people with disabilities.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

thank you to the people who talked up pokeaim earlier, i'm liking his videos. i'm in the middle of this one that's going through all the new moves old 'mons are getting and it's getting me hyped up about playing competitive again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_lsyDzZ-fk

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Whatever man welcome to pokebritsin all aboard the fire rabbit express

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Wait is it true that they never announced the dex cut in Japan?

Why wouldn't they announce that of all things to their customers there

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
That gamefaqs thread implies that Alcremie flavors might be tied to regions, like Vivillon was. I hope that is not the case.

I was so psyched to get a blue one with blueberry decorations, but with my luck it will be the plain white one. Don't do this to me again man... :negative:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Sleeping Sigma posted:

That gamefaqs thread implies that Alcremie flavors might be tied to regions, like Vivillon was. I hope that is not the case.

I was so psyched to get a blue one with blueberry decorations, but with my luck it will be the plain white one. Don't do this to me again man... :negative:

There's muliple evo items according to that one google dox

quote:

Milcery Sweets Used to evolve Milcery into Alcremie. | Known variants: Clover Sweet, Star Sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Wait is it true that they never announced the dex cut in Japan?

Why wouldn't they announce that of all things to their customers there

Where are you hearing that?