Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
Assuming that incel YouTube guy isn’t lying. I’d bet the “secret sky walker/jedi” is Rey and they reveal oh yeah luke was her father. Probably got hammered and went in tour after the celebrations in Rotj and slept with 1000s of women

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revwinnebago
Oct 4, 2017

Shbobdb posted:

Hamill and Ford have pretty good lives whereas Fischer was a total trainwreck. Guess which one people gravitate towards and romanticize.

In our new history-revisionist world where people don't have memories longer than The Current Year, sure.

Harrison Ford was GQ Sexiest Man, I believe multiple times. He was... romanticized... a lot.

Mark Hamill - while being an absolutely amazing human and touching millions of lives doing voice work like Joker - was in a few stinker sci-fi movies back in the day so everybody typecast him as a crap actor.

In Comic Book: The Movie he and a bunch of other really famous voice actors went around Comic-Con pretending to be a film crew looking to make a comic book movie, and (almost) nobody recognized them.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0361462/

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Don’t forget the pink lightsaber for the FEMALES AND SWJS

I assume this was meant to be a maga chud snipe but ah...

I'm not sure how you can think that a "force is female" plotline was totally out of reach for the third film.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Vomik posted:

Why didn’t they reshoot that scene after the actual actress died to make it more impactful? That Ben killed his mother and perhaps that could be another element of his eventual conversion which will def happen.

oh have Leia be the one to do the hyper-suicide instead of some random blue-hired rear end in a top hat

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

revwinnebago posted:

I'm not sure how you can think that a "force is female" plotline was totally out of reach for the third film.

Laura Dern is a cutie :allears:

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Do you think "romanticize" means people wa t to be romantic with them?

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Laura Dern is great, I wish holdo didn't suck

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

revwinnebago posted:

because ironically they don't have the balls.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Vomik posted:

Why didn’t they reshoot that scene after the actual actress died to make it more impactful?

They did. They found the youngest child on earth that could actually wield a pair of safety scissors and had it cut out a picture of Leia from the side of a Happy Meal promo box. They then had the child move the picture around on the McDonalds tabletop with its fingers while it gave a running commentary “woo, weeeeee mom look Princess Leela is fying’. The security camera footage from the McDonalds was piped directly by Disney to their digital effects team, who simply masked out everything but the picture of Leia, which they then dropped as its own layer on top of a generic space background.

That child was Daisy Ridley.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

The Mandalorian is pretty dece.

A tightly paced action packed 43 minute spaghetti western flavored star war is probably one of the best things Disney has done with the property.

how much would it suck to be a yoda and spend half a century in infancy tho?

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 12, 2019

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Torquemada posted:

They did. They found the youngest child on earth that could actually wield a pair of safety scissors and had it cut out a picture of Leia from the side of a Happy Meal promo box. They then had the child move the picture around on the McDonalds tabletop with its fingers while it gave a running commentary “woo, weeeeee mom look Princess Leela is fying’. The security camera footage from the McDonalds was piped directly by Disney to their digital effects team, who simply masked out everything but the picture of Leia, which they then dropped as its own layer on top of a generic space background.

That child was Daisy Ridley.

lol

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Vomik posted:

Assuming that incel YouTube guy isn’t lying.

Bad assumption.

Kazak posted:

Laura Dern is great, I wish holdo didn't suck

Should have given her a character that actually had a reason to be in the movie. Holdo is still one of the most baffling things about TLJ to me because the character has no reason to exist. She's just replacement Leia in a movie that already has loving Leia.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Sydin posted:

Should have given her a character that actually had a reason to be in the movie. Holdo is still one of the most baffling things about TLJ to me because the character has no reason to exist. She's just replacement Leia in a movie that already has loving Leia.

It’s because Fisher was on poo poo tons of drugs up until the day she died and probably was in no way up to doing a lead role, as opposed to Ford and Hamill who are just weedlords.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Darth Weeda

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Dank Vader

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Darth Weedious

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Luke Dopesmoker

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Darth Vaper

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Count Danku

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Princess Louda Organja

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Luke Marijuanawalker

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Owlbear Camus posted:

Ask your average Star Wars fan

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
The fact that SW has had far more lovely movies than good movies should be all you need to know about how good of a franchise it is. Why does anyone think they'll be good again?!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Han Arizer Solo

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Darth Blazer

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Weedo

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Han shot up first

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

I watched Phantom Menace last night and I have to say, I’ve been converted to the point of view that Qui-gon and Shmi hosed. Just compare their body language when they first meet vs later at the races or when they’re about to leave. Shits whack

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

skasion posted:

I watched Phantom Menace last night

how come

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

I like more of it than I dislike, though only by a little bit

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
"I've discovered a virgince in the Force."
"Goddamnit Qui-Gon, this is what, the fifth? Stop trying to pass off your love children as virgin births!"

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Sydin posted:

"I've discovered a virgince in the Force."
"Goddamnit Qui-Gon, this is what, the fifth? Stop trying to pass off your love children as virgin births!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct9KsYH4vIc

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

sebmojo posted:

Luke Marijuanawalker

Luke Highwalker

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

How has no one said "Supreme Leader Toke" yet?

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Star Breakers, a Harmony Korine film

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Owlbear Camus posted:

Its soooooooo cute

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Owlbear Camus posted:

If my math checks out, that means when he dies in RoTJ he was basically 18.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

here lies yoda he never scored

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

quote:

I was trying to parody that element that gets outraged whenever women get mentioned as anything other than T and A in movies or games.

Please don’t take my post seriously.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Luke "Dank" Nugswalker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Mary Jade