Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

What happened to Volkerball

drowned in his own piss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
i hear hes working for the bolton these days

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

I'm more interested in what happened to Caro.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://twitter.com/bnonews/status/1193698590641860608?s=21

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

drowned in someone else's piss

dpf
Sep 17, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

he's consulting with bellingcat under a new identity

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

messed up the White Helmets founder couldn't get evacuated by Israel like the ones in southern Syria did

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

hopefully getting the support he needs to not get the urge to do unpracticed field medicine in Yemen

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

turk

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Jose posted:

death by falling from your balcony is a pretty standard death for anyone who has pissed off putin

https://twitter.com/mfa_russia/status/1192763676878610432

jesus, that little fact about their founder was uh, definitely underreported

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dreylad posted:

jesus, that little fact about their founder was uh, definitely underreported

lmao

quote:

Le Mesurier began working for private security companies including Good Harbor Consulting run by Richard A. Clarke, formerly National Coordinator for Security, Infrastructure Protection and Counter-terrorism under U.S. Presidents Clinton and George W. Bush. His work included training the United Arab Emirates (UAE) oil and gas field protection force, designing security infrastructure for Abu Dhabi, and safety and security for the 2010 Arabian Gulf Cup in Yemen

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
lmao jesus christ. I don't remember this from Max Blumenthal's reporting on the white helmets but maybe I just missed it.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

very low energy, not a pogo stick in sight

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

but remember guys he helped found white helmets out of the goodness of his heart.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/sbg1/status/1194732458027212800

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

OhFunny posted:

The death toll in Iraq from security forces attacking protestors has topped 300. :smith:

good thing trump is an illiterate shitbrain or he might be taking notes

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

C.LIE.A and M.LIE.666 palling around with terrorists, My alpha protocol playthroughs are the truth

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/DailyMailUK/status/1194997943729840128

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

WHO MUST GO?

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Evil Beaker really coming into his own on owning the libs

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

He's... not wrong

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtGCw-U5520

Russian forces have reportedly secured the abandoned Sarrin Airfield the US built near Kobani. This was probably the largest airfield US forces were using in Syria.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Frijolero posted:

The Lion Assad? Yeah sure, but how about The Lyin' Media??

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/RBehrouzDO/status/1195698646118998016

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1195765776101150720

also, homie still caping for the CIA

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lmao

https://twitter.com/lhfang/status/1196306417512153094?s=19

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The cables article is pretty interesting, apparently the IRGC and the iranian intelligence ministry worked in parallel on foreign operations with different goals?

quote:

Some of the cables show bumbling and comical ineptitude, like one that describes the Iranian spies who broke into a German cultural institute in Iraq only to find they had the wrong codes and could not unlock the safes. Other officers were browbeaten by their superiors in Tehran for laziness, and for sending back to headquarters reports that relied only on news accounts.

Plutonis has issued a correction as of 11:44 on Nov 18, 2019

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Plutonis posted:

The cables article is pretty interesting, apparently the IRGC and the iranian intelligence ministry worked in parallel on foreign operations with different goals?

I'm starting to think all intelligence agencies are kinda dumb and incompetent and not just the CIA/FBI

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Plutonis posted:

IIRC, the GRU and SVR in Russia operate similarly, to the point where you can tell when Russia went after you because two state-level actors were rushing to do the exact same thing at almost the exact same time.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

the cia are the dumbest motherfuckers who ever lived

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

cool dance moves posted:

I'm starting to think all intelligence agencies are kinda dumb and incompetent and not just the CIA/FBI

it's difficult to consistently provide meaningful oversight, supervision, or accountability to an intelligence agency. the inherent secrecy of their operations and the ease with which they can collect incriminating facts about major political figures means the agency can mostly do as it pleases. and there's a certain unwillingness to fire employees and assets for being fuckups, because everyone knows some secrets

and when you've got multiple intel agencies, they tend to have their own separate management structures with no one to keep them working together except some very high-level half-assed political appointee likely chosen on the basis of personal loyalty to the ruling figures

it's just like militaries, only worse

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

I'm skeptical of this because Fang is a dipshit, Scahill is a left-lib, and they did this investigation with the NYT.

However, it is very on brand for the CIA to be bumbling idiots.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/RaniaKhalek/status/1196417590589100037

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

Frijolero posted:

I'm skeptical of this because Fang is a dipshit, Scahill is a left-lib, and they did this investigation with the NYT.

Lotta high-profile leaks in the NY Times lately. Wonder if the Panama Papers and Wikileaks' notoriety has woken agencies up to the effectiveness of selling intel drops as "leaks."

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lightning Knight posted:

the cia are the dumbest motherfuckers who ever lived

good

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Frijolero posted:

the cia seems to be pretty consistent about leaving anybody who they work with out to dry when they decide its time to leave a place

:d2a:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Prince Myshkin posted:

Lotta high-profile leaks in the NY Times lately. Wonder if the Panama Papers and Wikileaks' notoriety has woken agencies up to the effectiveness of selling intel drops as "leaks."

WaPo has been doing this for a while, laundering poo poo that the intelligence community wants to broadcast by "leaking" them through journos.

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

gradenko_2000 posted:

WaPo has been doing this for a while, laundering poo poo that the intelligence community wants to broadcast by "leaking" them through journos.

Hell I'm pretty sure Dick Cheney openly did that with NYT in order to work up a case for invading Iraq

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

gradenko_2000 posted:

Leaks have been the basis of stories since forever but packaging them explicitly as leaks and emphasizing the volume of the infodump is new. Like "leaking" used to be just calling a trusty source at the Times or the Post rather than reams of documents unceremoniously dropped at a paper's feet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Frijolero posted:

tell me, why is scahill a left-lib? i've read his books, followed him on the intercept and listen to his podcast; despite being a bit too obsessed with trump he seems to have perfectly fine politics, especially in the foreign policy department

he was, like, raised alongside weathermen