Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I just hope there's a crossover with Apex Legends that gives me like a Han Solo skin for Mirage

(That will cost $18, naturally)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

precision posted:

I just hope there's a crossover with Apex Legends that gives me like a Han Solo skin for Mirage

(That will cost $18, naturally)

When I saw Batman was in Fortnite I was like that's badass maybe I'll check it out. 20 bucks? gently caress off.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
EA and Disney... bring plenty of money cunts.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I will still struggle with it, :toxx: me

hell same.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

gameplay video's dmca'd already!

so what is this anyway, darth souls?

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Thom12255 posted:

I think the embargo is more to do with Disney, they're very protective of spoilers. They did the same with Mando and everyone loves it.

That's their stated reason for not doing early release on EA Access - they don't want the game spoiled before general release. I'm not sure I buy it, but it does make sense with Disney.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

gameplay video's dmca'd already!

so what is this anyway, darth souls?

serkiero mixed with uncharted mixed with metroidvania stuff.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

precision posted:

I think it's probably a very safe bet that this game will be easy even on hard because it's Star Wars and literal 5 year olds will want to play it all the way through

I saw a video about difficulty and apparently in the harder modes you have less reaction time window, the enemies are more aggressive and there may be more enemies in areas.

Another thing they talked about was when you rest everything respawns and when you die the guy does steal all your XP much like a souls game.

Kaincypher
Apr 24, 2008
That and you can always buy it on Steam. If you don't like it within the first 2 hours or I think 2 weeks, whichever is sooner, you can refund it. So set a timer for an hour and fifty-five minutes, and decide from that point onwards whether you felt continuing to explore this game would be worth it. i can usually figure out whether or not a game is trash in that time, and even if the ending blows, if you enjoyed the 20-40 hour ride to get there it's still worth the cost of admission.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
They've already said the difficulty levels are there and affect the parry window and overall enemy aggressiveness and enemy composition.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

They've already said the difficulty levels are there and affect the parry window and overall enemy aggressiveness and enemy composition.

I'm sure, but I'd be incredibly surprised if even the hardest difficulty came anywhere near what goons consider hard. That's what I meant.

Like, to me, God of War was super easy even on Hard, and GMGOW was only hard in the sense that it was clearly not a game designed for that difficulty so enemies had a billion HP and you had none etc

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

I'm sure, but I'd be incredibly surprised if even the hardest difficulty came anywhere near what goons consider hard. That's what I meant.

Like, to me, God of War was super easy even on Hard, and GMGOW was only hard in the sense that it was clearly not a game designed for that difficulty so enemies had a billion HP and you had none etc
some of those valk fights tho

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Realtalk I'm definitely holding out for some post-embargo reviews. Is it typical to embargo reviews until the day of release now?

It's becoming frightfully more common.

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
If I vpn this game can I play it tomorrow if I vpn to Australia?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Oriental Hugs posted:

Game comes out in 28 hours, roughly, in Australia.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Oriental Hugs posted:

Tomorrow is the 14th we don't live in the actual future.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Turtlicious posted:

It's becoming frightfully more common.

Day-of reviews are the norm for most video game releases, and in fact, all forms of media.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I still can’t forgive Australia for not warning us about 9/11.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I bet you meet Starkiller.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Having just watched the Mandalorian, I now really do want obsidian to make another star war game with that show's vibe. It's great

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
This game looks pretty neat but it's come out in one of the most dense period of game releases in recent memory, so I'll have to hold off on it for a while. I saw a few leaked videos and the Darth Maul saber you can unlock looks pretty rad, even if it does make you look like the Star Wars Kid a little

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
The ambient walk around level music is great - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ft18KuHPc4

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm actually pumped for this. I trust this developer a lot and I think they'll deliver on a fun game. I'll probably finish Death Stranding some time next week and pick this up then. I'm keen to see some reviews on the combat. I can safely bet it'll look great and the level design will be top notch but I really want the combat flow with parrying to be spot on. I hope they learned a bit from Sekiro's combat and it handles similarly since Sekiro is maybe my favourite game this year. Don't need it to be so difficult, just have a similar level of smooth gamefeel.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Well, the weapon leak got blasted to me on the front page of Youtube after I listened to that soundtrack entry (it was nice btw). Great poo poo.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

JBP posted:

I'm actually pumped for this. I trust this developer a lot and I think they'll deliver on a fun game. I'll probably finish Death Stranding some time next week and pick this up then. I'm keen to see some reviews on the combat. I can safely bet it'll look great and the level design will be top notch but I really want the combat flow with parrying to be spot on. I hope they learned a bit from Sekiro's combat and it handles similarly since Sekiro is maybe my favourite game this year. Don't need it to be so difficult, just have a similar level of smooth gamefeel.

well the eyefeel and earfeel is there. maybe even the smellfeel. now to find out about the gamefeel

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
After watching a few hours of gameplay yesterday, it's really confusing that they decided that the first look of this game, back in the summer, should be an on-rails mission that doesn't reflect almost any of the main draws of the game.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Well, the weapon leak got blasted to me on the front page of Youtube after I listened to that soundtrack entry (it was nice btw). Great poo poo.

This happened to me for a certain spoier in God of War (2018) after clicking on one video within an hour of the game's release and it was annoying AF.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

exquisite tea posted:

This happened to me for a certain spoier in God of War (2018) after clicking on one video within an hour of the game's release and it was annoying AF.

Ah, you found out about the boat.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

BUOY

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

DrNutt posted:

Ah, you found out about the boat.

You jerk!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

so if I pay for $15 for Origin Premier, that will get me the deluxe edition of the game and pre-order bonuses?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

GreenBuckanneer posted:

so if I pay for $15 for Origin Premier, that will get me the deluxe edition of the game and pre-order bonuses?

Only for as long as you're subscribed. But for me, a month is plenty to finish the game so I'll pay for one month and cancel immediately.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

exquisite tea posted:

Oh goddamn. Yeah that sucks. At least in the case of this leak (don't click if you haven't already been spoiled) I was hoping for double lightsabers style, but this will have to do

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Bardeh posted:

Only for as long as you're subscribed. But for me, a month is plenty to finish the game so I'll pay for one month and cancel immediately.

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/star-wars/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order/interstitial

Looks like the pre-order items are included in the 30 days, that should be enough time to beat the game I'd imagine

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Just got my gamestop call reminding me I can stop by at 4PM tomorrow to pick up my voucher to pick up the game at 9PM. I'm getting more hyped than I thought, but lol if I'm going to make multiple trips and stand in line for a game I won't break out until Friday anyway :effort:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

I haven't read anything about this game at all but given how good Titanfall 2's campaign was I have fairly high expectations.

Here's hoping that Access Premier I bought for BF5 ends up being worthwhile

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

Just got my gamestop call reminding me I can stop by at 4PM tomorrow to pick up my voucher to pick up the game at 9PM. I'm getting more hyped than I thought, but lol if I'm going to make multiple trips and stand in line for a game I won't break out until Friday anyway :effort:

i pick up mine after work at gamestop but thankfully the gamestop is right across the way from work. so thats nice.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I'm still amazed that GameStop exists

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I'm still amazed that GameStop exists

Where else can people hock their consoles for meth money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I kinda hated to go there, but I wanted a physical copy and they had a big buyback credit bonus this summer that more than paid for the preorder.