Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The BT stuff at the beginning when you don’t have any way of fighting them is scarier than any actual horror game I’ve ever played. I hope Kojima and Del Toro get to work on a game that’s just legally distinct enough from Silent Hills next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kongming posted:

I found a bridge foundation someone left behind so I went back to a waystation and carried 800 metal to complete it. Then I look downriver to see an already completed bridge in a much better location. Oops.

I've done this so many times lol I never learn

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Nov 12, 2019

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My ps4 just turned itself off while I was saving. I hate this piece of poo poo console

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

In Training posted:

My ps4 just turned itself off while I was saving. I hate this piece of poo poo console

that's a game mechanic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

heeheex2 posted:

that's a game mechanic

the first time i got grabbed by a BT my console put itself to sleep and i thought it was a mechanic lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It’s just one of those days

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It's one of those games where even when I'm not playing, I'm thinking about it all the time

ADIDADS

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Getting facebook likes from my BB for doing funny faces in the mirror makes norman the greatest and realest gamer dad

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Death Stranding

ZX Speculum
Aug 18, 2006

Soiled Meat

an actual dog posted:

Death Stranding

*mashes touchpad repeatedly*

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Kongming posted:

I found a bridge foundation someone left behind so I went back to a waystation and carried 800 metal to complete it. Then I look downriver to see an already completed bridge in a much better location. Oops.

Making the world a better place

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

The BT stuff at the beginning when you don’t have any way of fighting them is scarier than any actual horror game I’ve ever played. I hope Kojima and Del Toro get to work on a game that’s just legally distinct enough from Silent Hills next
There were a couple terrible old Game Boy and WonderSwan games based on Junji Ito's "Uzumaki," which is an incredible comic. I would love to see Kojima tackle it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

me with like 500 cans of whoopass strapped all over my back for the 80 hour walk from here to the cbs offices, at first constantly falling on my fuckin face and rear end and poo poo, but discovering that it actually gets really fun after like 20 hours in & being fully reinvigorated. by the time i get there ive got awesomely upgraded robo legs and droid helpers, and we’re all unloading the cans at him together

Lmfao

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
this game has the slowest start ever. but now that im doing consecutive missions in a row its making sense. the text is really small and hard to read.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
the game looks incredible

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
My only big gripe at this point is the unskippable ordradrek cutscenes. If you do a lot of orders in succession you see it over and over

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The slow start is good because this game does like the best job of ramping things up progressively ive ever seen- every new tool and upgrade feels like it completely changes the way you think, and in an exponential way.
My one little gripe is i think the game gives you some of the tools to make dealing with MULEs easier a little too early, probably due to playtesting. The bola kind of trivializes them and it feels like these earlier camps should be a lot more tense sneaking around, say like if you could only throw luggage or use strands. Then again i guess its a good thing too because your job is to move cargo, not be big boss

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

mycophobia posted:

this game has the slowest start ever. but now that im doing consecutive missions in a row its making sense. the text is really small and hard to read.

yeah the text is tiny even at 1080p or whatever the base model runs at

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

HORMELCHILI posted:

The slow start is good because this game does like the best job of ramping things up progressively ive ever seen- every new tool and upgrade feels like it completely changes the way you think, and in an exponential way.
My one little gripe is i think the game gives you some of the tools to make dealing with MULEs easier a little too early, probably due to playtesting. The bola kind of trivializes them and it feels like these earlier camps should be a lot more tense sneaking around, say like if you could only throw luggage or use strands. Then again i guess its a good thing too because your job is to move cargo, not be big boss

I sort of like that though honestly. I prefer to be challenged by route selection and bills of lading etc. instead of difficult combat. It's fun to beat 5 MULEs to death bare handed and take their precious resins without too much problem

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Is there a way to listen to the music out in the world or is it just available in the private room?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Is there a way to listen to the music out in the world or is it just available in the private room?

I think just the private room. There are structures that can play a song if it's high level enough. It's weird, having an iPod or cassette player makes way more sense in this than MGS, but I guess they didn't want to detract from the BT encounters

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The never be game over jacket would have made way more sense in this game

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I think you can upgrade generators to play music

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

jay z's sedan posted:

I sort of like that though honestly. I prefer to be challenged by route selection and bills of lading etc. instead of difficult combat. It's fun to beat 5 MULEs to death bare handed and take their precious resins without too much problem

Yeah i agree but maybe 24 shots in the bola is a little excessive, especially when every other item gives you like 5 uses. Then again you can always just not carry one

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the most dangerous part about MULEs is that they make loud noises and distract me and make trip over rocks and make me look like a clown.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Almost any PCC structure can be customized with music or a hologram at level 2 ive spent hours in this game rebuilding roads and making nice little scenic rest stops with a generator overlaping a timefall shelter and little road signs as you approach lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

continually impressed by how many unique animations there are for taking a shower

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

continually impressed by how many unique animations there are for taking a shower

You should try taking a shower in real life, you can basically do anything in there :stare:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I haven't played this in a few days and I'm feeling withdrawal... like my strand with the game is fraying

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Patiently waiting for a pc release.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Had the perfect snow day gaming lined up and my power went out 😞

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

Getting facebook likes from my BB for doing funny faces in the mirror makes norman the greatest and realest gamer dad

I did this one time after starting chapter 3 and the music I had put on stopped playing and that Higgs guy showed up behind me in the mirror. Then Norman looked back and he was wearing Higgs mask too. It was really weird and unsettling and I don’t wanna ever go back to the mirror again now...

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I did this one time after starting chapter 3 and the music I had put on stopped playing and that Higgs guy showed up behind me in the mirror. Then Norman looked back and he was wearing Higgs mask too. It was really weird and unsettling and I don’t wanna ever go back to the mirror again now...

i got this but it was the Red rear end Guy

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Was really feeling like I had my poo poo together but my last delivery went sideways when I fell down a canyon and died while fighting some MULEs. I destroyed multiple vehicles, used almost all my tools and weapons, wore through my shoes , and barely made it to the destination within the 45 minute delivery timer. Then the recipient was like "gently caress off, I don't want to join the UCA" and now I'm stranded in the middle of nowhere with no way to fabricate equipment or rest or anything lol. Gonna be a rough trip home

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

goferchan posted:

Was really feeling like I had my poo poo together but my last delivery went sideways when I fell down a canyon and died while fighting some MULEs. I destroyed multiple vehicles, used almost all my tools and weapons, wore through my shoes , and barely made it to the destination within the 45 minute delivery timer. Then the recipient was like "gently caress off, I don't want to join the UCA" and now I'm stranded in the middle of nowhere with no way to fabricate equipment or rest or anything lol. Gonna be a rough trip home

It’s a living *doesnt actually get paid at all*

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

It’s a living *doesnt actually get paid at all*

i got ya man
👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i got ludens fan up to 5 stars and now he wont stop emailing me, help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Getting caught in an inhospitable area with no stamina or tools is some harrowing poo poo. Even remote places like the Wind Farm are rough if you're trying to do one last bulk order and you haven't rested for a while.