Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/wilmpoprocks/status/1194146829409095680?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.newyorker.com/news/campaign-chronicles/kamala-harriss-last-stand-in-iowa

quote:

About two hundred people showed up, and they weren’t all Harris superfans. As people got settled, a retired supermarket employee who had come to the event at his wife’s urging, told me that he was still undecided—he just wanted someone who could beat Trump. His two grown sons were Warren fans. He liked her, too, and Sanders, but worried that neither would be able to win in the general election. A few feet away, I spoke with another retiree, an electrician wearing a Harley-Davidson sweatshirt. He was a Pete Buttigieg fan. When I asked him why he’d come to Harris’s event, he suggested that there wasn’t a whole lot to do in Mason City on a Saturday night.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/mahrohj/status/1194151321563271168?s=20

delaware brains lol

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

I'm the guy in the blue shirt.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/DanteAtkins/status/1194506161816526854

https://twitter.com/DanteAtkins/status/1194505369734791168

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

the famous 250 reply/400 likes ratio

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
why are we supposed to take it against Matt Bruenig that he worked for the only candidate in 2000 that wasn't a war criminal

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The Muppets On PCP posted:

make being ik the replacement punishment for weeklong probations and modding the same for monthlong probations

*checks phone an hour after posting in qcs and sees the ! button is back*

n-no.......NOOOOOOOOOO :negative:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

why are we supposed to take it against Matt Bruenig that he worked for the only candidate in 2000 that wasn't a war criminal

Particularly since he worked with Nader years after the 2000 election.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

don't really care who wants to mod, but as long as they will the glory of the old podcast threads back, then they have my support

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Victory Position posted:

don't really care who wants to mod, but as long as they will the glory of the old podcast threads back, then they have my support

I mean, if that's your sole criterion, I think it's pretty clear who your ideal candidate is.

I present to you your new mod, CSPAM...

DICKEYE.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

you foil, you simpleton, you cretin of a man

I should have started with DNC operative, as to not belabor myself, but... the show has yet to begin... :unsmigghh:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Majorian posted:

I mean, if that's your sole criterion, I think it's pretty clear who your ideal candidate is.

I present to you your new mod, CSPAM...

DICKEYE.

I would also accept anyone in the PSL thread, aka the spooky ghost thread :colbert:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

gradenko_2000 posted:

Majorian posted:

Particularly since he worked with Nader years after the 2000 election.

it’s just signaling for a certain breed of liberal poo poo in the same vein as blaming stein voters for 2016

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Victory Position posted:

wasn't it r guyovicth who shut it down? just start a new one

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

The new Hampshire deadline is Nov 15th and the California deadline is the week of thanksgiving so if clinton is gonna run she needs to do it within the next couple weeks

Clinton sitting on her rear end for 4 years and then thinking she can just roll in and get a do-over is some beto calibre hubris

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

I wonder if kamala is just going to Scott Walker her way out of this poo poo before the voting starts. I am not sure she can make it another 2 and a half months

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Iron Twinkie posted:

Not going to lie, I didn't expect TYT to endorse Bernie considering how hard they have been stanning for Warren. I'm guessing they looked at who supports Bernie demographically and who watches their videos and did the math. I'd bet the fact that every time in the last few weeks Warren has been asked any question that wasn't a slow pitch softball directly in her wheelhouse a bowl winding turd spiraled out of her mouth helped tip the scales a bit too.

TYT have been behind Bernie since 2016.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Ideally, everyone should be behind Bernie because everyone stands to benefit should he win. Even the rich will get a free haircut.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

democrats.jpg

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Pete getting a couple polls that look good is probably gonna lead to Pete and Warren supporters fighting online so I'm here for that.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Thoguh posted:

Pete getting a couple polls that look good is probably gonna lead to Pete and Warren supporters fighting online so I'm here for that.

Absolutely

I am hungry for Pete and Warren to squabble over their horseshit health care positions while bernie just grooves on his excellent position.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

https://twitter.com/wideofthepost/status/1194501693901332480?s=19

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

:boom:

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

ady showing his true lib colors smh

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

this person deserves violence

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Nonsense posted:

the reason being IK or mod can suck is because goons send you deranged pm’s instead of just you know not sending anythin

then again the only power was a sixer anything longer required more POWER

It's also annoying when people report things without bothering to explain why they think it deserves action.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Nonsense posted:

the reason being IK or mod can suck is because goons send you deranged pm’s instead of just you know not sending anythin

then again the only power was a sixer anything longer required more POWER

Is there a thread of choice pm meltdowns somewhere because that sounds hilarious

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

:perfect:

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

TrilliontonNixon posted:

gently caress you for suggesting this because now I actually want to do it.

They've increased her follower count which is bad enough.

Oh no, because you followed Elizabeth Warren on Twitter, the number on her Twitter account is 0.001% closer to going from 3.5M to 3.6M. oh noooo

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
Woke up this morning, rolled over and when I went to put my arm around my wife, she was a goddamned corncob. I screamed and woke up, looked over. She was fine.

Got up and put the kettle on. Went to the bathroom, looked in the mirror and I was a corncob. "No-no-no-no-no-no," trying to shuck myself. Woke up crying. Raced to the bathroom and had to touch the mirror to make sure I was still me.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Nothus posted:

Is there a thread of choice pm meltdowns somewhere because that sounds hilarious

I kinda hope there is. I make it a point to pm mods that probate me, often being vitriolic, and it would be a real shame if I wasn't shamed for it.
Lastgirl is the only smart one of the lot. She doesn't accept PM.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Dalael posted:

I kinda hope there is. I make it a point to pm mods that probate me, often being vitriolic, and it would be a real shame if I wasn't shamed for it.
Lastgirl is the only smart one of the lot. She doesn't accept PM.

it would be unkind to share the PMs you’ve sent me

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

they're all trumps, just not as doddering or obnoxious with self aggrandizing braggadocios and limited vocabulary

Many people are saying they want me to run, begging me, please madam clinton, please madam secretary m'am, please run m'am with tears in their eyes, I said YES! :abuela:

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://twitter.com/mahrohj/status/1194151321563271168

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/04/13/fact-check-bill-clinton-1994-crime-bill/82951450/

Joe Biden was right that there was a drop in crime after the 1994 crime bill, and although there were a lot of other factors that contributed to the drop, the bill likely contributed to that drop, although "most studies suggest the drop was unlikely to have been large" in the words of the National Research Council. A better point is that it's wrong for Joe Biden to implicitly take credit for all of the drop in the 1994 crime bill, that there are a lot of other ways to reduce crime including programs like education for prisoners, and that the contribution to the drop in crime was in absolutely no way worth the the drastic increase in sentencing including death penalty offenses. "Where do you go to school" in a conversation where he was correcting somebody while himself being factually wrong shows that Joe Biden is elitist. He dropped the word on Warren, so as hard a pill as it is him to swallow, he should be able to swallow it himself.

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 15:43 on Nov 13, 2019

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

if he ever pointed his finger at me, JABBING IT INTO ME WHICH IS ASSAULT BY THE WAY GIVING ME LEGAL AND MORAL RECOURSE TO just bite it off and get riddled with secret agent bullets in the process gently caress you

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Civilized Fishbot posted:

Oh no, because you followed Elizabeth Warren on Twitter, the number on her Twitter account is 0.001% closer to going from 3.5M to 3.6M. oh noooo

I know it makes me sick.

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
IMO being mad at either bruenig is a red flag that you’re loving up and need to take a day off and rethink your take again tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Squeezy Farm posted:

hmmm, there’s a distinct lack of WoC programmers in “Busytown”

Even the Doobie saga had the black lady yankee hacker