Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Whats with all the weird posters the GoP have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

osker posted:

A real dyed in the wool by the book DJT grifter. Fake time cover, claims of attending the best schools, I don't understand why they would be upset seeing how we have that shining beacon of morality in the oval.

I'm mre upset that these people pull it off in the first place. Like doesn't anyone do background checks?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

george conway is never going to redeem himself, but i will never get tired of the soap opera of him and his wife

i'm just waiting for the next reporter to expose kellyanne trying to leak dirt on her husband to the media

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

ah thanks

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

evilweasel posted:

george conway is never going to redeem himself, but i will never get tired of the soap opera of him and his wife

i'm just waiting for the next reporter to expose kellyanne trying to leak dirt on her husband to the media

I hope it's exactly as contentious around their house as I imagine it to be.

Reminds me of Jim Carville being married to Mary Matalin although I've never been sure how much of a true believer she is.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

CyberPingu posted:

Whats with all the weird posters the GoP have?

the GOP goals are (a) to turn the hearing into a circus such that democrats fail to clearly explain the crimes to the public; and (b) get as many "viral" moments of their own to drown out any "viral" moments of incredibly damning testimony; and (c) be the Chief Clown in hopes it helps out their career by making daddy trump love them

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Not sure why Republicans should be getting free air time on every network to defend their Dear Leader? Let them go on Fox news for that.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

AhhYes posted:

I wonder if it would be of any service for Schiff to start things out by saying, "this is the investigation, not the trial."

Basically give a small civics lesson, explain the difference, and note that the trial and the President's due process will be overseen by the Chief Justice and the Senate.

Would that do any good?

No, because you're trying to get Republicans to understand that reality is not their fantasy world. You might as well be trying to explain quantum mechanics to a monkey

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

mcmagic posted:

Not sure why Republicans should be free air time on every network to defend their Dear Leader? Let them go on Fox news for that.

turns out you aren't allowed to say "the minority is not allowed to speak at all" in public hearings in the house

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://mobile.twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1194626585284030464
https://mobile.twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1194626831032496128

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

eke out posted:

turns out you aren't allowed to say "the minority is not allowed to speak at all" in public hearings in the house

Yeah, you are. The majority makes the rules.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
so the potential collapse of rule of law in Hong Kong is potentially a huge risk to global markets, but everyone in the west is yawning so far. Would be interesting if sharp market moves coincide with impeachment stuff

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

there's really no reason to post insane bullshit from lindsey graham, we all know he's saying it

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Buckle up, looks like they're ready to start!

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

mcmagic posted:

Yeah, you are. The majority makes the rules.

i see you're starting strong with the idea of "change the rules so republicans aren't allowed to talk at all in public hearings." looking forward to more good ideas like this one

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

is there one non MAGA chud in the US who gives a single gently caress about Hunter Biden? This is hilarious

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

cameraman in the middle of the room looks like a giant.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

eke out posted:

i see you're starting strong with the idea of "change the rules so republicans aren't allowed to talk at all in public hearings." looking forward to more good ideas like this one

Can you provide a good reason why they should be allowed to talk?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Nbc stream

https://youtu.be/mgeI1ELITks

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

mcmagic posted:

It's been a long time since they've done anything but harm themselves when they do.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

They're not going to say anything sensical, and not letting them talk at all gives them a bloody shirt to wave around that people will largely agree with. Honestly Devin Nunes opening his mouth on TV can only be good for Democrats.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

sean10mm posted:

It's been a long time since they've done anything but harm themselves when they do.

For certain values of "harm", and "themselves".

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

mcmagic posted:

Because not letting them talk plays into their false narrative that it's a sham hearing?

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Sir can you promise we will be allowed to grandstand?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

mcmagic posted:

because it's been how every hearing has been done for some 200 years.

perhaps you can explain how you think the public will take one side being completely denied all rights to question witnesses. do you imagine that this will make the hearings more legitimate?

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

mcmagic posted:

how has any sort of good faith decorum benefited the Dems over the past decade? gently caress them, the independent and low information voters don't care about fairness of questioning time. It's literally just placating the GOP and their diehard voters

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

sean10mm posted:

They are getting their message to their base. That is all they really care about.

CascadeBeta posted:

Because not letting them talk plays into their false narrative that it's a sham hearing?

I'm sure them being allowed to talk will make them stop calling it a sham hearing/witch hunt/fraud/fake news/whatever other bullshit.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

The republicans are going to turn it into a circus, but that's our broken system. Hopefully people will understand they have no intention of participating in good faith, but I doubt it.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

McMagic has identified the one weird trick to give cover to even blue state senate republicans to dismiss the impeachment without a trial

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

ReidRansom posted:

The republicans are going to turn it into a circus, but that's our broken system. Hopefully people will understand they have no intention of participating in good faith, but I doubt it.

All they are going to do is to try to make batshit soundbites for Trump and muddy the waters with non germane nonsense. Them being in the room is a waste of everyone's time.

eke out posted:

McMagic has identified the one weird trick to give cover to even blue state senate republicans to dismiss the impeachment without a trial

Yes, I'm sure they are going to give it a 100% FAIR hearing otherwise. What world are you living in?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Is there a TVIV thread for this today or is it just going to be the USPOL thread?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

eke out posted:

But what's being said is "Bad faith actors shouldn't be allowed to spread their bullshit"

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Is Trump gonna livetweet it? :allears:

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

mcmagic posted:

All they are going to do is to try to make batshit soundbites for Trump and muddy the waters with non germane nonsense. Them being in the room is a waste of everyone's time.

Yes, I'm sure they are going to give it a 100% FAIR hearing otherwise. What world are you living in?

"i don't understand why the american public would want an impeachment to seem fair" is a loving stupid take even from you

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

SocketWrench posted:

But what's being said is "Bad faith actors shouldn't be allowed to spread their bullshit"

thats nice, now think how it plays to someone who hasn't already decided they're bad faith actors and who is what you might call a "low-information voter" and is tuning in now

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Who really gives a poo poo about the GOP base? It's not enough to win elections besides the reddest of empty flyover states, and that's WITH gerrymandering and voter suppression

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

canepazzo posted:

Is Trump gonna livetweet it? :allears:

God I hope so

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

eke out posted:

"i don't understand why the american public would want an impeachment to seem fair" is a loving stupid take even from you

There is NOTHING you can do in any of these hearing to make chuds think this is fair. NOTHING. Might as well not waste anyone else's time.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

TulliusCicero posted:

Who really gives a poo poo about the GOP base? It's not enough to win elections besides the reddest of empty flyover states, and that's WITH gerrymandering and voter suppression

yeah

the idea that we need to do things to stop republicans from reaching their base by, uh, limiting their right to speak at hearings is like suggesting we put out a forest fire by pouring a thimble of water on a leaf. fox news exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Yeah, I agree. In fact, why allow them to be seated in the House of Representatives at all? They're just gonna waste everyone's time with stupid grandstanding and conspiracy theories.

Do you see why your argument is absurd now?