Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

so was it planned to have erdogan visit the white house on day 1 of impeachment hearings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/isgoodrum/statu...ingawful.com%2F

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Queue hypnophant calling that the real coup

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Streaming impeachment hearing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmKDKWxa1s8

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Crakkerjakk posted:

Also I hope the both of you are just trolling with your hard man "watching millions of civilians die would be awesome because they're our nation's geopolitical enemies(or should be, in the case of the Saudis), hyuck hyuck" because that poo poo is loving gross.

Yeah, it's only ok if we like the deaths of our ideological non-supporters at home.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Death to Nazis imho

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

LingcodKilla posted:

Better they die in Russia and Saudi Arabia than say Ukraine and Yemen.

*Thinking real hard*

Maybe.... It would be good if no civilians died....?

Hell, maybe it'd be good if the only people who died were the assholes trying to get other people killed in the pursuit of political power/a payday.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

colachute posted:

Death to Nazis imho

:same:

Anyone else watching the Impeachment Hearings?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Handsome Ralph posted:

:same:

Anyone else watching the Impeachment Hearings?

:yeah:

Working from home today.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I'm gonna watch it through tweets I guess

https://twitter.com/KevinMKruse/sta...ingawful.com%2F

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

colachute posted:

Death to Nazis imho

It's 2019: everyone is a nazi.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

This was met with a perfectly executed IRL passive aggressive "per my email.."

:decorum: slam.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

If Nunez's statement is their defense then woof.

It's just "no collusion the dems colluded with Russia" "None of us support this so the dems shouldnt even do this because bipartisanship" etc

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

thats honestly the best method at this point. Seeing the GOP continue this bs is not good to my temper

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

https://twitter.com/dansinker/status/1194638608222838786

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump...ingawful.com%2F

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham says President Trump is in the Oval Office in meetings this morning and is “not watching” today’s impeachment hearing.

“He’s in the Oval in meetings,” she said. “Not watching. He’s working.”

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham says President Trump is in the Oval Office in meetings this morning and is “not watching” today’s impeachment hearing.

“He’s in the Oval in meetings,” she said. “Not watching. He’s working.”

Why even bother with such trivial lies

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

quote:

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was not on the bench for oral arguments Wednesday due to illness, according to Chief Justice John Roberts.
Roberts announced she was "indisposed due to illness."
A court spokesperson said that Ginsburg was home with a stomach virus and that she is expected to participate in the cases by reading the briefs.

GOP is trying everything at this point

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Pleasantly surprised by the assistant deputy SecState pointing out that America only exists because of a bunch of foreigners who actually knew what they were doing.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Chichevache posted:

It's 2019: everyone is a nazi.
And three guys with a flag and a bible are a storm.

Oliver Cromwell was a popularizer of the the word storm to describe a military action. E.g., that's how he described his completing the Siege of Drogheda.

From a modern description of the end of the Seige of Drogheda (also using the word storm)

quote:

Cromwell ordered the Parliamentary troops to storm the town and more than 6,000 men washed through the south walls, slaughtering all resistance, while a cavalry force lay in wait to the north to prevent any escape. Catholic priests and friars were killed as combatants and a group who barricaded themselves in the steeple of St. Peter’s Church were burnt alive when Cromwell’s troops set fire to the Church. Around 2,000 died in the massacre, including a number who surrendered before the onslaught, as well as 150 Parliamentarians.
https://www.irishcentral.com/roots/history/oliver-cromwells-massacre-of-drogheda-1649

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Crakkerjakk posted:

*Thinking real hard*

Hell, maybe it'd be good if the only people who died were the assholes trying to get other people killed in the pursuit of political power/a payday.

So.... Russians and Saudis?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

That Works posted:

If Nunez's statement is their defense then woof.

It's just "no collusion the dems colluded with Russia" "None of us support this so the dems shouldnt even do this because bipartisanship" etc

It’ll work.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

GOP is trying everything at this point

Thomas quoted as saying "Wait thats all I had to do all these years?"

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Crakkerjakk posted:

*Thinking real hard*

Those people have a name, it's "Americans"

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Ambassador Taylor has the voice of someone who is telling you what the gently caress is going on, and there's gonna be a test at the end.

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.

not caring here posted:

Ambassador Taylor has the voice of someone who is telling you what the gently caress is going on, and there's gonna be a test at the end.

His voice is so soothing. Reminds me of a 1950s movie narrator.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

not caring here posted:

1%er at west point

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.

Pryor on Fire posted:

1%er at west point

<3 West Point.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
In a break from sock puppets advocating for more Latin American regime change and noted GIP pieces of poo poo contributing again, have a story out of New York City.

Subway turnstile jumping is apparently the greatest threat the Western World has ever faced, and to combat it NYC has placed 500 cops around just to catch people.

Also NYC, https://twitter.com/RedIsDead/status/1194429763613364224

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

LingcodKilla posted:

So.... Russians and Saudis?

It's mostly (as a percent of the population) not the people living in the cities of Moscow, Riyadh, or for that matter New York or DC.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Did Bill Taylor just drop some new info at the end there?

e: The "A member of my staff just informed me last Friday" bit?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

At the start of the questioning session of diplomat Bill Taylor, chairman Adam Schiff asked Taylor about new information that was just disclosed about a July 26 phone call between EU ambassador Gordon Sondland and one of Taylor's staff members.

"And what your staff member could overhear was President Trump asking Ambassador Sondland about quote "the investigations," Is that right?" Schiff asked Taylor.

"That's correct," Taylor responded.

Taylor said during his opening statement that he came to understand that the term "investigations" used by the Trump administration meant matters relating to the 2016 elections and to the investigations of Burisma and the Bidens.

Schiff asked Taylor: "So your staff overhears the President asking about the investigations, meaning Burisma and the Bidens in 2016. And Ambassador Sondland told President Trump that the Ukrainians were ready to move forward?

"He did," Taylor responded.

Referencing Taylor's opening statement, Schiff asked the diplomat, "And I think you said that after the call when your staff asked Ambassador Sondland what President Trump thought of Ukraine, his response was that President Trump cares more about the investigations of Biden, is that right?

"And Burisma, yes, sir," Taylor said.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Holy balls Sondland needs to redo his testimony AGAIN or he's going to jail. Good kind of fireworks to start this drat thing.

Also, loving brilliant move to run this poo poo through Counsel now. Guy's real, real good.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Crakkerjakk posted:

It's mostly (as a percent of the population) not the people living in the cities of Moscow, Riyadh, or for that matter New York or DC.

Do these people support the regime? Would they be less likely to support it if war was on their doorstep?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

bill taylor was prolly the best opening move they could make

who needs a whistleblower after that

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Unrelated, anyone know what's going on with the riots in Chile?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4zWhAkgbbb/?igshid=15qa487r6uvd0

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

insulating the stairs prevented the thermostat from receiving aid while in the crosshairs of the sun via the open window and Russia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Syrian Lannister posted:

Unrelated, anyone know what's going on with the riots in Chile?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4zWhAkgbbb/?igshid=15qa487r6uvd0

Those lasers seem effective. I imagine that would play hell with a windshield or visor. I got a dazzler on my windshield once and even a lower power version of that would make it impossible to see. I saw those lasers used in HK footage too.