Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Spiderdrake posted:

I feel like it devolves into a color pie discussion over which color gets which position and spoiler season levels of theory-crafting

White's easy:
https://scryfall.com/search?q=Missionary

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Wrenn and Six, as a literal sentient tree, does not in fact gently caress

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Spiderdrake posted:

I feel like it devolves into a color pie discussion over which color gets which position and spoiler season levels of theory-crafting
White gets BDSM and I would be quite happy to explain why in this 13 page essay.

Edit: they can share it with Black.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

dragon enthusiast posted:

Wrenn and Six, as a literal sentient tree, does not in fact gently caress

Wrenn does. Six is just an Evangellion she pilots. She views them with such instrumentality that she named it six because it's the sixth one she animated.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Is it on your Patreon, or?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
can you guys talk about literally anything else, please

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

So is Jace shacking up with Vraska where all the assassin tokens come from?

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

So, about rare redrafting...

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

sure let's go back to the monthly "what stupid poo poo did Terese Nielsen say this time"

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Target discussion becomes a 3/3 elk

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Framboise posted:

sure let's go back to the monthly "what stupid poo poo did Terese Nielsen say this time"
what has she said, ever? You can want her fired or whatever but dont make things up about a person.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

bagrada posted:

So is Jace shacking up with Vraska where all the assassin tokens come from?

So, about rare redrafting...

It's only fair if you're drafting with reserved list cards. Lesser players don't deserve to own such important parts of the game's history.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

No Wave posted:

what has she said, ever? You can want her fired or whatever but dont make things up about a person.

Is this some sort of "liking/following lovely things isn't TECHNICALLY 'saying' something" juke, or what are you getting at here? Because her proclivities are pretty well documented iirc

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Kurtofan posted:

Target discussion becomes a 3/3 elk

Target Elk becomes a 3/3 discussion.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Do you know what happens to a planeswalker when it gets struck by Ral Zarek's Lightning Bolts?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Wurzag posted:

I think the gorgons at least on ravnica can just turn the stone gaze thing on and off at will so they're not like 'proper' medusa style gorgons.

fake gorgon girls

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

suicidesteve posted:

Do you know what happens to a planeswalker when it gets struck by Ral Zarek's Lightning Bolts?

theyre putting chemicals in the lightning bolts to turn the freakin' planeswalkers gay!!!

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Paul Zuvella posted:

theyre putting chemicals in the lightning bolts to turn the freakin' planeswalkers gay!!!

I like you, Stuart.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

No Wave posted:

Read her most recent pretentious statements she's put out before you say I'm making poo poo up what the hell

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/omnidoug/status/1194664180399296513?s=19

Maybe :tinfoil: but why do I get the feeling no one important at Wizards really did their due diligence in reading the book they commissioned before it was released?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
We have just officially crossed the threshold from "Ha ha we're all joking about planesfucking" to "Ha Ha what do you guys think it smells like ha ha like as a joke ha ha"

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

So the wanderer is wearing a golden mask under the hat.

She's elspeth.

edit: ok so maybe the golden mask is just one hell of a coincidence, because nothing else about this character squares with the elspeth theory.

Retromancer fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Nov 13, 2019

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Retromancer posted:

She's elspeth.

whose she loving

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Retromancer posted:

She's elspeth.

Elspeth became a weeb in hell, shameful

LifeLynx posted:

https://twitter.com/omnidoug/status/1194664180399296513?s=19

Maybe :tinfoil: but why do I get the feeling no one important at Wizards really did their due diligence in reading the book they commissioned before it was released?

it is a huge company so it probably has extremely disfunctional management - extending to such minor things as worldbuilding team not communicating with people comissioning/editing books from outside authors for the Brand (just a guess)

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Lol totally. Anyways Cactrot been missing you at fnm get your rear end out here. Standard sucks but limited is really good my dude!

I remain absolute dogshit at limited so I'm probably not gonna be at FNM until I can play bad standard decks again. If they put any other constructed format up for FNM or Oko gets banned in standard I'll be back.

Also this thread got real gross real quick.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

The forests had also given me 300 green mana, most of which was already spent on extremely dangerous creatures. The battlefield looked like a mobile Gruul menagerie. We had two geese, seventy-five wicked wolves, five animated lands, a hydroid krasis, and a whole galaxy of green elks, and also an Oko planeswalker, a Nissa planeswalker, a Paradise Druid, a grip of raw cards and two dozen food tokens. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious ramp deck, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

The forests had also given me 300 green mana, most of which was already spent on extremely dangerous creatures. The battlefield looked like a mobile Gruul menagerie. We had two geese, seventy-five wicked wolves, five animated lands, a hydroid krasis, and a whole galaxy of green elks, and also an Oko planeswalker, a Nissa planeswalker, a Paradise Druid, a grip of raw cards and two dozen food tokens. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious ramp deck, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

I was trying and failing to make this joke earlier, so thank you :golfclap:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I can summarize it thus:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/saffronolive/status/1194679788478304257?s=21

Pioneer IS coming to Arena?

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Welp, Arena was fun. Now it's time to go back to Eternal Card Game and not look back.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Tubgoat posted:

Welp, Arena was fun. Now it's time to go back to Eternal Card Game and not look back.

What in the world are you taking about?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

God bless, Pioneer in arena sounds amazing.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Shiiiiii someone less lazy than me find the multiple posts where i predicted this

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

It's weird that some of the cards they are adding to Historic are not Pioneer legal, it would make a lot more sense to have the eventual goal be one unified format at the end.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Working toward pioneer by adding hypnotic specter to historic. Yes.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Hell yeah.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
“I know I come off as controlling and domineering, but I have the same urges as anyone else. These primal counterspell cravings have persisted long after Urza’s passing, and to this day I yearn for the next opportunity to take pleasure in exiling my opponent’s board. Teferi doesn’t just have sex, Lili. Teferi tucks.”

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Sickening posted:

What in the world are you taking about?

The spirits are coming to arena! Everything is ruined!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Ive been saying for the longest time that the thing Historic needs to be a real format is Fauna Shaman so im glad that I have been validated

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Spiderdrake posted:

Working toward pioneer by adding hypnotic specter to historic. Yes.

Probably just means it will show up in an upcoming core set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wonder if wotc will eventually support Historic in paper as "Dominaria Onwards" as more sets come out and Pioneer eventually stagnates

e: never mind, I didn't grok the announcement. I'm still really not in favor of Historic being a digital-only "Dominaria Onwards plus some other cards we like," I feel like it makes more sense to just implement new sets as a whole so we can have things like Flashback Drafts in Arena

The Klowner fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Nov 13, 2019