Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
A month long booster will pay for itself if your playing the game during that time period and getting fish and gems, cracking lots of relics for void traces, or have a riven for a popular weapon you can dump all your kuva into for good rolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Guilty posted:

As someone who couldn't wait to breed kitties and has disposable income, I bought that package. Still had to build the segment in the foundary and still had to farm alloy. It doesn't come installed. Biggest waste of cash

there is the kavat starter kit (which doesnt come with the segment) and then there is also the segment

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Nov 13, 2019

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I think it's available in the dojo as well.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Awesome! posted:

there is the kavat starter kit (which doesnt come with the segment) and then there is also the segment

Oh what that's really lame the starter kit doesn't come with the segment. Wtf?

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Anora posted:

I think it's available in the dojo as well.

It is. Honestly, just grab it from the dojo and scan kitties on the the derelict.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

BurntCornMuffin posted:

It is. Honestly, just grab it from the dojo and scan kitties on the the derelict.

It took way too long for me to realize that the derelict cats start off invisible. I had been waiting to spot one fighting with infested critters and then trying to scan it before it dies. :saddowns:

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Awesome! posted:

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

This is one thing I still miss from the old alerts system where there used to be a 5x Kavat DNA alert every 2-3 weeks. I never needed to scan when I started last year on Switch.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Guilty posted:

i guess the idea is that you will definitely never need more than 1 segment but you could conceivably buy more than 1 starter pack for yourself so its better to separate them. i dunno

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
Wait for the Sands of Inaros quest: The second part has like 40 kavats attacking you. I wish I had enough scanner charges when I did it.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

New Wave Jose posted:

Wait for the Sands of Inaros quest: The second part has like 40 kavats attacking you. I wish I had enough scanner charges when I did it.

Yeah with Simaris upgrades and a booster I walked out of there with like 60 codes

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
i did it before the "no more cat alerts", with all the simaris mods and i walked out with

also i saw a total of 3 gene alerts (1 i missed because it was 2 am local time) in my total playtime before nightwave. They were awful.

Getting the 20 genes for my first cat and the module was a 3 week project for me, 1 code every 4 or 5 derelict missions at a time. These days after the rate changes you can pick up more than that off a single login booster in a single afternoon, if you can get a squad together to do some vault runs with a sleepinox/rhino/vauban/ivara or something

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Nov 13, 2019

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Awesome! posted:

you can buy the incubator upgrade all built for 175p

I think it was just 95 for the version without the Vasca Kavat's imprint and 105 with the version with it? They might have changed the price for some reason.

edit: Oh wait, I think that doesn't include the actual upgrade segment, which is the actual expensive part.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I've been doing research on kavat breeding and some serious breeders put together a pretty comprehensive guide on getting the most out of cat scans, I recommend it.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

RoadCrewWorker posted:

i did it before the "no more cat alerts", with all the simaris mods and i walked out with

also i saw a total of 3 gene alerts (1 i missed because it was 2 am local time) in my total playtime before nightwave. They were awful.

Getting the 20 genes for my first cat and the module was a 3 week project for me, 1 code every 4 or 5 derelict missions at a time. These days after the rate changes you can pick up more than that off a single login booster in a single afternoon, if you can get a squad together to do some vault runs with a sleepinox/rhino/vauban/ivara or something

Maybe it was less frequent than every 2-3 weeks then. Good to hear scan rates are much improved now.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

quote:

This is a 31-page long in-depth guide about how to farm kavat genetic codes, and how to
maximize your chances of getting them.

jesus

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

If Simaris scanner gets all the cool upgrades and adds to codex and gets Simaris cred, what's the point of the codex scanner? What does codex scanner give me that Simaris scanner does not?

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Simaris is the replacement/upgrade. Drop the shortcut to the codex scanner.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

BurntCornMuffin posted:

If Simaris scanner gets all the cool upgrades and adds to codex and gets Simaris cred, what's the point of the codex scanner? What does codex scanner give me that Simaris scanner does not?
edge case: a cleaner UI when looking through the scanner, which can be slightly helpful if you're using it to look for ayatan statues or something instead of actually scanning things

otherwise it's straight up better with the upgrades

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

i found someone had put together a 72 page guide to mag and it was all really bad builds, one each even for maxing out all of the different set mod bonuses

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

prefect posted:

It took way too long for me to realize that the derelict cats start off invisible. I had been waiting to spot one fighting with infested critters and then trying to scan it before it dies. :saddowns:

You'd be waiting quite a long time for that, the derelict kavats survive off of feeding on the infestation. In Warframe the hideous john carpenter-lite resident evil virus has a natural predator: cats.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
It's also cheaper to buy the codex ones until you get the simaris upgrades.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

FunkyFjord posted:

You'd be waiting quite a long time for that, the derelict kavats survive off of feeding on the infestation. In Warframe the hideous john carpenter-lite resident evil virus has a natural predator: cats.

I got up to five DNA samples before giving up and buying DNA with platinum. :smith:

Blain
Mar 6, 2008

Just did my first valence transfer. Maybe this is old news, but I wasn't expecting the non-bonus damage types on my weapon to go down. I started with a Chakkhurr with 28% toxin. It had the following stats.

Impact: 259.9
Blast: 82.7
Toxin: 96.3

After doing a transfer with a new 55% toxin Chakkhurr the stats are:

Impact: 259.7
Blast: 68.3
Toxin: 181

So the Impact barely moved, but the blast damage decreased by 17%. If they'd moved the same amount, I'd assume this was some kind of stealth "balancing". As it is, I just don't understand what's going on. Are all the base damage types on lich weapons rolled randomly?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Dr Cheeto posted:

I've been doing research on kavat breeding and some serious breeders put together a pretty comprehensive guide on getting the most out of cat scans, I recommend it.

What is the point of farming like this? Just to get the exact appearance you want? Since there are only a few breeds it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to get the specific one you want from a gameplay standpoint.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Ytlaya posted:

What is the point of farming like this? Just to get the exact appearance you want? Since there are only a few breeds it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to get the specific one you want from a gameplay standpoint.

People pay hundreds to thousands of plat for the imprints of very pretty cats.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Ytlaya posted:

I don't really understand it myself. All the naturally occurring kavat colors are available from the market, and there's only one naturally occurring coat pattern. The only inheritable traits that you can't mess with are head type, tail type, energy color, and breed. Yet people do pay thousands of plat for solid color kavats (so long as they don't have the Persian head type, the one with the folded ears) even though you could get the same effect just by spending a hundred plat on cat color swatches.

I haven't kept an eye on the cat market since the latest expansion, though. Ever since The Old Blood dropped you can now make three imprints of a given pet. Since you only need two to make a perfect clone, you could theoretically make infinite clones of any unimprinted cat. I feel like maybe it's gonna crash once people start spooling up golden cat clone production.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm not going to claim that I understand why people place such high value on kubrow imprints either, but there are a few more inheritable traits you can't really mess with on a dog. Theres a few coat patterns, three body types, and a number of rare colors that aren't available unless the dog is born with it. Please note that the height of the kubrow isn't inheritable, but people will definitely try to convince you that their big dog imprint is worth more

The pet imprint market has some strong tulip energy.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Nov 13, 2019

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I just like genetic simulators ok.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Berke Negri posted:

i found someone had put together a 72 page guide to mag and it was all really bad builds, one each even for maxing out all of the different set mod bonuses

Warframe happily throws you lots of trap options.

Dr Cheeto posted:

This does seem useful tho, I'd definitely like to do some scanning later today.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I personally like the idea of taking whatever appearance I randomly get and deciding "This is it. This what the game god decided my game pet would look like, and I will learn to love it."

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I got two smushface kavats. I gave them the moonless kavat skin, master teasonai, the cetus animal dude, has it some days, the same look the derelict cats have and they are scaly and cute and gorgeous and I love them.

My Vasca is also cute and gorgeous and not scaly at all and I love her.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm pretty sure vasca kavats only have the one face and tail type but I haven't seen anyone who has definitely spent real money on fake cats confirm this

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Ytlaya posted:

I personally like the idea of taking whatever appearance I randomly get and deciding "This is it. This what the game god decided my game pet would look like, and I will learn to love it."

I got lucky on my first result and I've fed this horrible inbred beast many forma.

Screaming Idiot posted:

Not pictured: the ungodly snuffling sounds he makes or the fact he spent the last Hydron run awkwardly walking into a wall while a hundred grineer shot at him. I love my :downs: kitty.

He is utterly useless and I love him, I love my stupid idiot loving moron cat.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

part of me assumes the vasca kavats are a little more limited in genetic options since so far they seem to be the cat equivalent of the helminth for dogs.

i also kind of wished their vampiric bite thing was less useless or something different entirely. the revive is neat but it's also banking entirely on you dying? which is. not really exciting or beneficial in a fun way. i'm glad to get more options in the pet department and i hope they finally fully rework the pet system to get rid of the awful stasis thing so changing pets isn't a nightmare, but i feel like the vascas went way too hard in the paint for a certain gimmick that isn't that handy.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

smushfaced cats are the best

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I wish the Vasca kavat was acquired a different way. It's literally a less interesting, more annoying version of the Helminth charger.

At least the pimple can be use to troll people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nnx65Zb3Tw

Seriously, this video is funny for all the wrong reasons.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Johnny Joestar posted:

i also kind of wished their vampiric bite thing was less useless or something different entirely. the revive is neat but it's also banking entirely on you dying? which is. not really exciting or beneficial in a fun way.
I thought the same until I ran an explosive weapon with my new cat. :jeb:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Got about a day and a half before Wisp comes out of the oven and tomorrow I can put Revenant in. Getting new frames to toy with is the best part of this game. :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Phobophilia posted:

Basically, I want to make a Cyath (machete) zaw and abuse the Cyclone Kraken stance heavy attack.

I'm just unsure on what Grip and Link to use on it. Once I get home, I want to test if the base attack speed of the weapon has any effect on the speed of the heavy attack as it comes out. And test how much attack speed mods like Fury affect it (like stealth finisher attacks are dependent on speed mods but not base attack speed).

If base attack speed has no effect, then I am going to make the slowest chunkiest Zaw possible with as much per-attack damage.

If base attack speed does have an effect, then I'm going to play around seeing if I can sync up the attack speed with Corrupt Charge's combo restore, so that way I will have a 2x multiplier the moment I can press the heavy attack button again.

Phobophilia posted:

From some non-systematic testing using weapons of the same class, using the same stance and heavy attack (a fast dagger zaw vs a slow Karyst), base attack speed does affect how fast the attacks go off.

And it looks like Corrupt Charge combo recharges only at the end of your heavy attack, meaning that there's no way to sync the heavy attack being available to press again with your combo recharge. Instead you are going to want your attack to complete as fast as possible.

Okay, as fast as possible it is going to be.

Quoting myself to note that Xandypants has made a video about this very topic, and he goes over the concerns I had noticed, and even offered some insights into things I wasn't even aware of. For instance, the combo meter "recharge" is a meaningless UI feature, the backend numbers remain the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEa9m5bVz9M