Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Learn Tristana next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

This is the Amazon crony gently caress that lost to Sawant giving a mewling concession speech where he tries to make it sound like people were behind him until Amazon dumped over a million into the Seattle city council races and then the mean ol' media just focused on that instead.

Worth going into the comments section for this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwFRGJ3f9CY

You see, when Amazon dumps money on a race in your favor, you're legally obligated to accept it and never say anything negative about it until later. It was just an unfair situation to put him in, getting those millions for his city council campaign.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

I'd be willing vote for a politician who plays Disco Elysium, but only - ONLY - if they internalized Mazovian Socio-Economics.

E: IRL, of course

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Barry Convex posted:

god Dante Atkins is such a whiny loving baby characterizing mild pushback against some bad takes from Barkan and Jayapal as abuse

note to mods: don’t read this!!!

dante has an account and posts in d&d, change my mind

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Big Mad Drongo posted:

I'd be willing vote for a politician who plays Disco Elysium, but only - ONLY - if they internalized Mazovian Socio-Economics.

E: IRL, of course

Vote measurehead

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Phone posted:

note to mods: don’t read this!!!

dante has an account and posts in d&d, change my mind

dante is ppj

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

jeez, there sure are a lot of logistics middlemen sending me e-mails today

they do know that I'm certified to the teeth to handle all sorts of hazmat poo poo, right? I mean I do post here :twisted:

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib

joepinetree posted:

You see, when Amazon dumps money on a race in your favor, you're legally obligated to accept it and never say anything negative about it until later. It was just an unfair situation to put him in, getting those millions for his city council campaign.

"I may represent something bad that people are upset about, but that shouldn't have gotten attention and I'm disappointed that it did."

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/1194462058538045440?s=19

When it comes to wielding power, Republicans play to win. Everywhere.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

This is the Amazon crony gently caress that lost to Sawant giving a mewling concession speech where he tries to make it sound like people were behind him until Amazon dumped over a million into the Seattle city council races and then the mean ol' media just focused on that instead.

Worth going into the comments section for this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwFRGJ3f9CY

lmao what a fuckin snake

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1194667460810727429

Diaper Atkins

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://twitter.com/jasongrote/status/1194667950508146688?s=21

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Feldegast42 posted:

Its going to come out in a couple days that AOC mains Hanzo in Overwatch and then she's gonna be canceled again

Based on that hero pool she probably mains Mei.

It gets results, thats what you want in a politician, right?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

hobbesmaster posted:

Based on that hero pool she probably mains Mei.

It gets results, thats what you want in a politician, right?

To be fair we need more politicians on our side that make pacts with the devil

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1194519937672515584

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Don't know about you all but I'm starting to question this Dante guy's credibility

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Feldegast42 posted:

Its going to come out in a couple days that AOC mains Hanzo in Overwatch and then she's gonna be canceled again

hanzo is good now i think

i dunno i havent played overwatch in like a year

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

loving lol

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Accretionist posted:

Don't know about you all but I'm starting to question this Dante guy's credibility

Eegah!
Jul 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/kanwetwitty/status/324630866963881986?lang=en

is there a lib equivalent to this tweet because its all I can think about in regards to these cowards

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

http://www.hekebolos.com/2015/02/los-angeles-when-cutting-business-taxes.html

By Dante Atkins. Angeleno surviving DC weather. Jack-of-all-trades politico. Recovering classical linguist. @DanteAtkins on Twitter. /hekebolos on facebook.

As a progressive Democrat, you might not normally expect me to be in favor of cutting business taxes. One exception? My home city of Los Angeles and "gross receipts tax" it imposes on businesses. The gross receipts tax is, well, pretty gross. It taxes businesses not on their profits, but simply based on how much they collect on their invoices. Simplistically speaking, all business that collect, say, $1 million in invoices are taxed on that basis, regardless of how high their operating expenses are.

Needless to say, this unfairly penalizes businesses in industries with low profit margins, as well as businesses that invoice for a high amount of passthrough expenses. Let's take the marketing research industry, for instance: standard practice for focus group facilities is to pay the people who come in to do their focus group projects, and then invoice the clients for the amount of money they spent. In some cases, the incentive money can comprise the majority of the invoice, and yet it's a passthrough expense: the facility makes no money on it, but because it still counts toward gross receipts, the city can assess taxes on it. This leaves the facility two options: either to eat the cost of paying taxes on money it doesn't make, or to try to make up the difference by raising prices elsewhere and thus putting it at a competitive disadvantage. In either case, it makes operating a service business within Los Angeles more uncomfortable than it should be, and in the marketing research industry, the gross receipts tax has been a factor for focus group facility owners in whether to locate a business within Los Angeles proper, or pick a neighboring city like Santa Monica or Culver City instead.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

I've had a bunch of things up my rear end but that vibe looks distinctly unsafe. No flared base and lots of sharp edges? Hard pass

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Those Converse shoes really bring the look together.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Vox Nihili posted:

Nice try but I'm not stepping in that trap.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

hanzo is good now i think

i dunno i havent played overwatch in like a year

hanzo is a sniper, all snipers are bad in every game.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bringing back doctor who was a mistake

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Eegah! posted:

is there a lib equivalent to this tweet because its all I can think about in regards to these cowards

"After I graduate, I'm going to work at [think tank]"

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Nice try but I'm not stepping in that trap.

Sorry, Vans.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Eegah! posted:

The lib equivalent is having a trust fund and writing thinkpieces in your spare time. So for liberals their fantasy is actually just a real thing they get to live out.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Vox Nihili posted:

guy's trying to look like David Tennant but is pulling off a Nathan Robinson instead

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Victory Position posted:

guy's trying to look like David Tennant but is pulling off a Nathan Robinson instead

With a splash of Jacob Rees-Mogg.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Feldegast42 posted:

To be fair we need more politicians on our side that make pacts with the devil

Okay.. but can they at least negotiate with him instead of accepting whatever bargain he comes up with?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Grand Prize Winner posted:

I've had a bunch of things up my rear end but that vibe looks distinctly unsafe. No flared base and lots of sharp edges? Hard pass

That's no mere anal toy, it's a loving Doctor Who gadget.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

good

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Vox Nihili posted:

That's no mere anal toy, it's a Doctor Who loving gadget.

fixed

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Vox Nihili posted:

they're doc martens

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

AOC go to AGDQ

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Studio posted:

AOC go to AGDQ

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

That's no mere anal toy, it's a loving Doctor Who gadget.

ew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Trabisnikof posted:

http://www.hekebolos.com/2015/02/los-angeles-when-cutting-business-taxes.html

By Dante Atkins. Angeleno surviving DC weather. Jack-of-all-trades politico. Recovering classical linguist. @DanteAtkins on Twitter. /hekebolos on facebook.

As a progressive Democrat, you might not normally expect me to be in favor of cutting business taxes. One exception? My home city of Los Angeles and "gross receipts tax" it imposes on businesses. The gross receipts tax is, well, pretty gross. It taxes businesses not on their profits, but simply based on how much they collect on their invoices. Simplistically speaking, all business that collect, say, $1 million in invoices are taxed on that basis, regardless of how high their operating expenses are.

Needless to say, this unfairly penalizes businesses in industries with low profit margins, as well as businesses that invoice for a high amount of passthrough expenses. Let's take the marketing research industry, for instance: standard practice for focus group facilities is to pay the people who come in to do their focus group projects, and then invoice the clients for the amount of money they spent. In some cases, the incentive money can comprise the majority of the invoice, and yet it's a passthrough expense: the facility makes no money on it, but because it still counts toward gross receipts, the city can assess taxes on it. This leaves the facility two options: either to eat the cost of paying taxes on money it doesn't make, or to try to make up the difference by raising prices elsewhere and thus putting it at a competitive disadvantage. In either case, it makes operating a service business within Los Angeles more uncomfortable than it should be, and in the marketing research industry, the gross receipts tax has been a factor for focus group facility owners in whether to locate a business within Los Angeles proper, or pick a neighboring city like Santa Monica or Culver City instead.

lmao gently caress off and pay taxes goddamn