Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

LingcodKilla posted:

Do these people support the regime? Would they be less likely to support it if war was on their doorstep?

Stop using metaphors. When you say "if war was on their doorstep," what we were talking about is "if we nuked the city they live in, killing millions of them."

Definitionally, they'd support it less because a bunch of them would be dead.

That aside, do those people support the regime? Most people in NYC and DC don't support Trump, no. My understanding is that most opposition to Putin is in larger cities, so there's a pretty good chance you'd be murdering a bunch of people who don't support him if you nuked Moscow. And Riyadh is about 70% Saudi, they probably mostly support the saud dynasty (though a bunch of them are children), the remaining 2 million people you'd be murdering are foreigners, I'd guess the majority of those are workers imported from elsewhere who probably aren't particularly fond of the Suadis.

Crakkerjakk fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Nov 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUs0HzZIamk

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Gotta say this testimony is pretty great without a dozen idiot congresspeople grandstanding and bickering over the dumbest most irrelevant poo poo imaginable.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Fister Roboto posted:

Gotta say this testimony is pretty great without a dozen idiot congresspeople grandstanding and bickering over the dumbest most irrelevant poo poo imaginable.

Yup. CSPAM livestream has an interview with Mark Meadows on and hes just a loving moron in comparison to what we've listened to. Hes just attacking reporters at this point for "not being present at every meeting I have so you just don't understand lady" kinda deal.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Crakkerjakk posted:

*Thinking real hard*

Maybe.... It would be good if no civilians died....?

I think life would be miserable if no civilians died. We'd all be hungry, points of view would become crystallized in unending bureaucracy as old ideas remain with the old and undying. Their bodies would bend under millennia of wear. The only relief from an immortal prison would be with a rifle in your hands and nobody could die without violence.

Immortality is terrifying to be honest, even when you offer a way out.

Enough navel gazing on the horrors of unending life, however.

hypnophant posted:

Is Morales the only leftist politician in Bolivia? Is there some reason he was unable to find a successor who could carry on his work without violating the constitution he himself established?

Admittedly, I know nothing about Bolivia, don't have a dog in a fight, and refuse to support anyone based on their chirality. The last few pages have been very confusing. But I'm feeling philosophical and this is an important point worth emphasizing when viewing Democracy in general. There should be very good reasons an individual, especially one with which half the country agrees with, cannot pass the scepter of responsibility to another. When there isn't, it's generally because of power behind an individual personality--at best an emphasis on celebrity and public agreement with an individual's will, at worst a cult of that personality and antidemocratic aggregation of power that leaves a people vulnerable later.

Not knowing the situation, there perhaps is a reason for that. Perhaps Morales is a uniquely powerful leader, holds a rare set of skills for governance not readily available in the populace, or has a grand vision and the drive to lead Bolivia towards it, and needs more time to develop these qualities in others. Instances like this have been of value in the world as often as they have been disastrous. I don't know and I'm not saying he doesn't. But it should be considered dangerous, even by his supporters.

piL fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Nov 13, 2019

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Fister Roboto posted:

I am so, so very happy they went with letting legal counsel do the questioning and told Republicans to go gently caress themselves with circus side-show antics. Not ping-ponging back and forth between 5 minute sound-bite fishing expeditions and Infowars talking point vomit gives me some hope in this process.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

bird food bathtub posted:

I am so, so very happy they went with letting legal counsel do the questioning and told Republicans to go gently caress themselves with circus side-show antics. Not ping-ponging back and forth between 5 minute sound-bite fishing expeditions and Infowars talking point vomit gives me some hope in this process.

They're approaching this like a criminal trial, and the GOP is acting like it's a town hall debate or CPAC.

It's a beautiful thing to watch. :flashfap:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/stat...ingawful.com%2F

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
So, he has spoken to the whistle-blower? I mean, that's probably a good thing? What the gently caress does that even mean?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Guys when are we going to overthrow Angela Merkle

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

I'm glad this is from the official white house Twitter account. Just super, super glad.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Right after we impeach Hillary Clinton.

SHE KNOWS WHAT SHE DID :chud:

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Schiff should start talking about all of those republicans who said they were in favor of impeachment.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/mrbenwexler/status/1194657281591271424?s=19

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

nice copyright violation

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
it's not illegal if the president does it

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

nice copyright violation

It would be uniquely this admin where everything else resulted in a resounding nbd, but copyright infringement brought them down

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

WHY IS JIM JORDAN YELLING

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Dear Donnie,

Politifact has some serious flaws, that said shall we take a look at what they've rated most of your statements.

Fister Roboto posted:

If only he'd shown this much concern about his wrestlers.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
True Feds:

https://twitter.com/PeterWStevenson/status/1194668362535710721?s=19

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

https://twitter.com/gaywonk/status/1194689985892540421

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Prior to asking the witnesses any questions, Democratic Rep. Jim Himes said, "One of the things I find startling about these proceedings is that, faced with very serious allegations of presidential misconduct, my colleagues on the other side of the aisle don't engage or defend that conduct."

Himes went on to say that, instead, Republicans "spin theories about black ledgers and Steel dossiers and the startling revelation that Ukrainians might have been upset when a presidential candidate suggested that perhaps he would let the Russians keep Crimea."

Himes said Republican Rep. Devin Nunes, in his opening statement, "most disgustingly attacked the extraordinary men and women of the state department and the FBI."

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrHyDzzhrhc

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

You'd be calling for it if Hilary ran third party against Sanders.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Oh man, they're really gonna get this Obama guy.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nephzinho posted:

Oh man, they're really gonna get this Obama guy.

I hope they do, maybe US Pol will give it a rest once he’s finally in prison

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Chichevache posted:

You'd be calling for it if Hilary ran third party against Sanders.

You have really strange issues. I sincerely hope you get the help you need before you end up as yet another murder/suicide statistic

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

when you're definitely not trying to do a coup

https://twitter.com/wyattreed13/status/1194694319938195457
https://twitter.com/rolandoteleSUR/status/1194685248270983169
https://twitter.com/camilateleSUR/status/1194693303943467010

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Nunez is such a loving toadie.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

before you end up as yet another murder/suicide statistic

What the gently caress is that supposed to mean?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

E: Nevermind, you two can continue to slap fight. It’s dumb but entertaining.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Chichevache posted:

What the gently caress is that supposed to mean?

The ultimate burn in GiP is to hope someone commits suicide.

Unsurprisingly it's rarely employed by anyone belonging to any group for whom that is an ongoing issue.

Apologies to Proud Christian Mom in advance if suicide is an epidemic among moron/moron-adjacent folk. Namaste friendo.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:chillpill:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

You have really strange issues. I sincerely hope you get the help you need before you end up as yet another murder/suicide statistic

This is a pretty weird thing to say to someone because they pretty calmly disagreed with you my dude

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Victor Vermis posted:

The ultimate burn in GiP is to hope someone commits suicide.

Unsurprisingly it's rarely employed by anyone belonging to any group for whom that is an ongoing issue.

Apologies to Proud Christian Mom in advance if suicide is an epidemic among moron/moron-adjacent folk. Namaste friendo.

you need to step back and maybe relax a little

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I like to read the CE thread to keep up to date on what’s going on but lately it’s been really toxic. Can we as a group lay off the insults towards one another please? It’s cool to disagree with one another but direct attacks aren’t cool and don’t do anything other than further divide any already dying sub forum.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me
Maybe folks could start by not calling for genocide?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Dwanyelle posted:

I didnt do that. Maybe people shouldnt make jokes about me murdering my family then killing myself.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Dwanyelle posted:

In America? Good luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Smiling Jack posted:

you need to step back and maybe relax a little

Pointing out it's wrong to say "Kill Yourself" in GiP doesn't seem particularly heated to me.