Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Arivia posted:

"Tamiyo," Jace inquired, "Vraska isn't doing it for me any more. I need to gently caress a real snake, and I was hoping you could help."

I was going to joke about "Jace fucks the moon," but even odds that happens next time they come back to Innistrad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

what a truly insane list of cards they're adding for historic lol

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

fadam posted:

what a truly insane list of cards they're adding for historic lol

Unbelievably powerful lmaos @ this bonkers list. can’t tell if I’m more stoked about darksteel reactor or hidetsugu’s second rite

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Why put in Hypno if you're not adding Dark Rit it's like PB without the J come on.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Ctrl F: Brawl

Ctrl W

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Sit on my Jace posted:

I was going to joke about "Jace fucks the moon," but even odds that happens next time they come back to Innistrad.

Majora’s Mask but the Moon’s got a quarter mile Dick’m’rakul and it’s headed straight for Jace

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

Majora’s Mask but the Moon’s got a quarter mile Dick’m’rakul and it’s headed straight for Jace

Jace, the Butt Sculpted

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

TheKingofSprings posted:

“I know I come off as controlling and domineering, but I have the same urges as anyone else. These primal counterspell cravings have persisted long after Urza’s passing, and to this day I yearn for the next opportunity to take pleasure in exiling my opponent’s board. Teferi doesn’t just have sex, Lili. Teferi tucks.”

I thought that was chocolate fudge brownie bounce we had. With a cantrip on top.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Working towards Pioneer is great.

The selected reprints in Historic thing would be super cool if they used it as the way to moderate the format instead of bannings, but random cards they like is dumb. At this point I'm only interested if other people tell me it's really good, and even then I'm leery they'd gently caress it up immediately.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
It'll take more than a malfunctioning DD to keep me away from you.

DD?

Deputy of Detention, he's a Vedalken Wizard RNA 165, safest in its rarity.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Burning-Tree Emissary huh? Absolute lunacy.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

AngryBooch posted:

Burning-Tree Emissary huh? Absolute lunacy.

yeah it seems split between actually good cards and things that are just kind of useless? Like oh god hypnotic spectre but also did anyone ever actually play the Hidetsugu spell outside of Kamigawa block?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I'm not a control piece, I'm a prison card. I like to prevent little brown-haired instants like you because you remind me of the crack whore, my birth mother.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
yeah well. Just wait until i play my sweet fires of invention/revenge/hidetsugu deck.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Arivia posted:

yeah it seems split between actually good cards and things that are just kind of useless? Like oh god hypnotic spectre but also did anyone ever actually play the Hidetsugu spell outside of Kamigawa block?

https://youtu.be/8sf_vPm99ZY

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

I don't understand why they don't just copy the cards they had from Duels of the Planeswalkers into arena. That way they could have Pioneer in Arena in a matter of a few weeks.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Bonus posted:

I don't understand why they don't just copy the cards they had from Duels of the Planeswalkers into arena. That way they could have Pioneer in Arena in a matter of a few weeks.
It has nothing to do with difficulty in implementing the cards, hth.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Making basically all of the historic cards completely psycho AND not even Pioneer legal in most of the cases is truly A+ poo poo and my favourite genre of WotC gently caress-up: one that is very funny, but also not really a big deal.

Bonus posted:

It might be overwhelming to new players/game journalists to suddenly have 7 years worth of cards to play with/against.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Bonus posted:

I don't understand programming.

Indeed.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

JerryLee posted:

Is this some sort of "liking/following lovely things isn't TECHNICALLY 'saying' something" juke, or what are you getting at here? Because her proclivities are pretty well documented iirc

I think they're saying Nielson has lived under a vow of silence their whole life. That's the only way their statement makes any sense.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
There are not enough hours in the day for a f2p to collect enough wildcards on Arena to compete in Pioneer.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I for one am glad that I get two months of Standard Panic Room with Historic and I can't wait to see what dumb decks pop up.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Really trying to figure out the purpose of historic if pioneer comes to arena

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

If pioneer is coming to MTGA I can’t think of a good reason for Historic to exist except as a kind of weird semi-curated cube. What a completely bizarre situation.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Historic is a way to use cards you own on arena. Thats all it's ever been.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

mandatory lesbian posted:

Pioneer will take a LOOOOOONG time to rollout to Arena. Historic will be a Stopgap measure until it’s done, and then it will be gone forever

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Maybe all those cards are going to be in M21.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Bust Rodd posted:

Pioneer will take a LOOOOOONG time to rollout to Arena. Historic will be a Stopgap measure until it’s done, and then it will be gone forever

There's even precedent for this; there was a mtgo-only format called classic until they finished implementing all the old sets.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Bust Rodd posted:

Or it will remain, as a goofy Pioneer variant that has random Modern cards in it

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
historic is basically 'legacy is a fool's errand and modern is bad so we're going to make a new experimental format where we can ban and unban whatever we like whenever we like and see what happens'

gotta have a format where veil of summer is legal, i guess

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

mandatory lesbian posted:

Extract 4x 3400 gems per year from players until pioneer supplants historic as the chosen non-rotating format until Modern 2 Fetch 2 Furious is deployed on Arena

Assuming it lasts that long I guess

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Tubgoat posted:

There are not enough hours in the day for a f2p to collect enough wildcards on Arena to compete in Pioneer.

Get a job bitch

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

fadam posted:

Get a job bitch
"Job bitch" is not the preferred nomenclature. "Sex worker," please.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Terese Nielsen island that says No Swerfs On Simic Surf

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Temur Feminism is my feminism

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Then it was quiet again. Oko had taken his shirt off and was pouring food on his chest, to facilitate the elking process. “What the hell are you yelling about?” he muttered, staring up at the sun with his eyes closed and covered with wraparound sunglasses of Urza. “Never mind,” I said. “It’s your turn to drive.” I reined in the elk and aimed the enchanted carriage toward the Fabled Passage. No point mentioning those bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I'll bite because I'm too tired to think. What the gently caress are you guys basing those text excerpts from?

Edit: lol. Nice. I still need to read that.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Nov 14, 2019

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

AlternateNu posted:

I'll bite because I'm too tired to think. What the gently caress are you guys basing those text excerpts from?

Mine are 50 Shades of Grey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

AlternateNu posted: