Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

lol the next dem said "great, let's bring the guy who started it all in here! let's get trump!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Nice one, Welch. Audience really loved it too.

Sanskrit Scat
Aug 11, 2007

Welch just slam dunked into Jordan's face. Someone photoshop something cool.

Admiral
Dec 14, 2000

If you see this man, slap him in the nuts for me.
Welch bringing the fire!

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
"Come on Trump, have a seat!"

Nice one.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

holy poo poo

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Ok that was pretty good.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Rep. Welch: :dunkedon:

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

DarkHorse posted:

"There's one person they won't bring in front of us"

YEAH TRUMP, because he's a coward and would get hosed six ways sideways.

EDIT: "11 months before an election" they're already trying to pull the "you can't do a thing in an election year!"

OMFG REP WELCH HEARD ME

"Trump is welcome to come and sit right there [in the witness seat]" *laughter*

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

DarkHorse posted:

"There's one person they won't bring in front of us"

YEAH TRUMP, because he's a coward and would get hosed six ways sideways.

Congressman Welch I didnt know you were a poster here

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

After Welch's comments I heard somebody in the room saying, "That's so true....that's so true..." lol

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Dunite posted:

I agree wholeheartedly with staying out of US politics but how often does a smaller nation have a chance to kick Donald Trump in the balls.

Trump interfered in Ukrainian politics and Zelensky can now turn around and respond in kind.

The concerns from the anti-Zelensky voters in Ukraine were that Zelensky didn’t have the experience to successfully navigate the international community and would get pushed around in a time when it was critical that they receive aid from foreign countries. Getting immediately extorted for aid over relatively irrelevant political motives and showing how few fucks their most valuable ally gives in the middle of a war hasn’t been a great look for him and he’s not going to do anything to piss off trump or endanger that aid.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Pete Welch is the hero we need. "The person who started this all is welcome here- the President can come in and testify whenever he wants."

Old Surly
Dec 8, 2004

and all of your troubles are solved and gone
Stream dropped, what was the Welch dunk?
-nevermind

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Old Surly posted:

Scroll up.

He basically said "Trump is free to come down and sit if he wants to clear the air"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Old Surly posted:

"I agree with Rep. Jordan, the person who started this all should testify, and President Trump is free to come in and testify whenever he wants!"

EDIT: Beaten, but still.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/petridishes/status/1194708689044824069?s=20

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Herstory Begins Now posted:

actually republicans no contest a huge fuckton of races, hth

This is a Senate seat we are talking about. Can you name a single Senate race the GOP failed to contest in 2018? How about 2016? No? It sounds like the Democrats have a loving problem.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Destroyed

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Schiff: Oh no, please, don't put the call record into the public record :geno:

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Stefanik out there, proving that conservative idiocy knows no gender. yeah you shatter that glass ceiling! once you....have an actual question.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
So Maloney is just going to sit there and puff how cool Taylor is?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

What the gently caress is the point of this?

"Do you remember the war in Vietnam?"

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Vox Nihili posted:

This is a Senate seat we are talking about. Can you name a single Senate race the GOP failed to contest in 2018? How about 2016? No? It sounds like the Democrats have a loving problem.

California, kinda

Sanskrit Scat
Aug 11, 2007

Ambadassor Taylor...you're a loving badass, is that correct?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Flip Yr Wig posted:

To be fair, Mr. Taylor has an impressive life story.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Establishing that he's a patriot, protecting America is his entire history

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Vox Nihili posted:

barbara boxer :v:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

theflyingorc posted:

I have added a life goal to give Jim Jordan a goddamn swirlie

I'll hold his feet!

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

Establishing a military background and expertise--that he's not a desk jockey getting all worked up over nothing. He knew what the aid meant and what withholding it would do.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
This is incredibly smart, it's also pumping Taylor up for the chuds and ARE TROOPS types, so he doesn't just look like a blustery old man who heard a man say a mean thing about Trump

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
After day one of this poo poo show, try to imagine the world in which the loving clown car of house Rs and Trump manage to both craft a compelling message and then stay perfectly on message (while also not committing new impeachable crimes) between now and when the Senate votes to remove office

That's why I think he's going to get removed. Like wtf does the path to not getting removed even look like that has any non-zero chance of existing

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Anyone know if there are going to be/are transcripts for the hearings posted anywhere?

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

Handsome Ralph posted:

How is it not important? The guy's legitimacy is being questioned by Gym Jordan and the others.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

OAquinas posted:

Establishing a military background and expertise--that he's not a desk jockey getting all worked up over nothing. He knew what the aid meant and what withholding it would do.

Ham posted:

How is it not important? The guy's legitimacy is being questioned by Gym Jordan and the others.

Yeah I get it now, it just sounded like it was going into needless direction or that he was trying to setup some stupid dunk. I thought it was still a GOP member questioning him.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

After day one of this poo poo show, try to imagine the world in which the loving clown car of house Rs and Trump manage to both craft a compelling message and then stay perfectly on message (while also not committing new impeachable crimes) between now and when the Senate votes to remove office

That's why I think he's going to get removed. Like wtf does the path to not getting removed even look like that has any non-zero chance of existing

Mitch McConnell

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Vox Nihili posted:

Anyone know if there are going to be/are transcripts for the hearings posted anywhere?

I think the c-span has an unofficial transcript from closed captioning at this link, under the video:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?466134-1/impeachment-hearing-william-taylor-george-kent&live

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Handsome Ralph posted:

you are not sure what the point of asking the decorated military veteran who enrolled at west point during the vietnam war and graduated 5th in his class out of 800 is, after that man has given incredibly damaging testimony against the president is?

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah I get it now, it just sounded like it was going into needless direction or that he was trying to setup some stupid dunk. I thought it was still a GOP member questioning him.

oh lol yeah that would not have been good testimony for them to elicit

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

The Republicans are still more afraid of getting primaried by someone even more loyal to Trump, than of losing to the Dems. They're not going to remove him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

Vox Nihili posted:

Harris ran against another democrat for her seat.