Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I despair about the future a fair amount but I'm ok with people saying that's a bad thing to do. I just wish nobody would say "blackpilled" because I have to take a second to remember which colour pill means what in stupid internet politics talk. Red pill, blue pill, dog pill, black pill loving hell

Guavanaut posted:

Bin Laden
Lin Baden
Lib Naden
Lib Denna
Lib Dema
a Lib Dem

:mason::tinfoil:

That explains this fawning article in the independent

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...in-1465715.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Tigey posted:

'Come with us'?

So Johnny Mercer personally accompanies soldiers on these attacks?

he makes sure they meet the quota for war crimes he can excuse them for

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I do enjoy the simultaneous doublethink that are boys are courageous supermen who we should all bow down to for how great they are but also they're precious little darlings who can't be expected to die when murdering foreigners for money.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/HenryRiley1/status/1194709163747794949

oh my lord

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I mean, yeah.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

From... England???

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Pesmerga posted:

It’s not that they don’t care, it’s that a lot have given up and don’t believe it. I can’t face doing this again tomorrow because the responses have been so depressing.

Take a few days out from it all.
The manifesto will be out soon and you will be able to read for yourself what it actually says about immigration / FOM and you'll be able to decide then whether it's a policy you can stand by and 'sell' or not.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Royal College of Nursing in Northern Ireland announced 48 hours of industrial action short of strike on Dec 10-11 (hmm i wonder where those dates came from) and a full 12 hour strike on Dec 18th.

Unisons member ballot came back strongly in support of industrial action including strike action (90%+ of respondents) on Monday so expecting a full timetable from them soon.

Winter will be fun.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
I read the replies and I'm not sure whether all those people are genuinely so thick they don't understand the meaning of the word "if" or if they're just pretending

either way I loving hate em and hope they die

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/TheBirmingham6/status/1194403008953626625

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

does she not vote in vauxhall? or has she already moved to northern Ireland

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Was doing some door knocking today, mainly ended up handing out leaflets and talking to folks. Only a few said they would be voting anything but Labour, but it was nice to say hello to people in the constituency.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

XMNN posted:

does she not vote in vauxhall? or has she already moved to northern Ireland

She has a house in Rathlin Island which I assume is where she's registered.

So North Antrim - Ian The Youngers seat where's he's bolted on

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is kate hoey still in the labour party? Because if so doesn't that mean she's kicked out of the labour party for expressing support for another party?

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

There where rumours going about a week ago from unionist sources that Hoey had put the feelers out about running as an independent unionist candidate in Fermanagh and South Tyrone (SF majority of 895) if the usual Unionist candidate didn't run - he's announced though. That seat has been an extreme marginal since 2010 when SF won it by 4 votes and Unionists retook it in 2015 by ~500 votes

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

marktheando posted:

I despair about the future a fair amount but I'm ok with people saying that's a bad thing to do. I just wish nobody would say "blackpilled" because I have to take a second to remember which colour pill means what in stupid internet politics talk. Red pill, blue pill, dog pill, black pill loving hell

kustomkarkommando posted:

She has a house in Rathlin Island which I assume is where she's registered.

So North Antrim - Ian The Youngers seat where's he's bolted on
Do you get kicked out of Labour for saying that you're going to vote a non-Labour party if you're registered in a seat where Labour don't/isn't running?

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Is kate hoey still in the labour party? Because if so doesn't that mean she's kicked out of the labour party for expressing support for another party?

I mean if you apply that rule in NI strictly than all Labour members in NI are banned from voting

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

don't fall for this corbynsta fraud, she didn't mention bagels once #fakejews

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib
Really good night doorknocking. We were out between about 6 and 7 which seemed to be a bit of a sweet spot- after work but before tea, so much higher strike rate with people answering the doors.
Mainly targeting pro-labour and waverers with posters and postal vote forms, so the feedback on the doorstep was generally positive and encouraging.
The turnout with postal votes is much higher than with votes in person, and crappy weather on election day is only going to enhance that, so we need to get as many people signed up for postal votes as possible.

I shadowed a really experienced campaigner for the first half an hour and it was incredible to see them handle some situations. Turning an "all politicians are useless" round to a "maybe" in a few minutes of conversation is a big win that we can build on.
Tried a few doors for myself after that and got some really receptive people. Even some interested in volunteering.
Some of the people we talked to were really angry, but they just needed reminding that their anger is with the people in power and the way to fix things is to vote for change.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Wow Danny Devito has.... really got in shape

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The odd bit of her I've caught on the telly in passing she did seem far too conscious to be hosting TV programs.

Endjinneer posted:

I shadowed a really experienced campaigner for the first half an hour and it was incredible to see them handle some situations. Turning an "all politicians are useless" round to a "maybe" in a few minutes of conversation is a big win that we can build on.

How did this go if you can share? Because it's something I obviously sympathise with and can respond to but curious how others do it.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

there's no nice way to ask this so...what the gently caress is really going on with rachel riley?

https://twitter.com/RachelRileyRR/status/1194635577703858179?s=19

this is post 1 of a multi part breakdown. i do not believe for one second she has dug up all these columns and articles herself. i'm sorry, i just don't.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

marktheando posted:

Waldo?!?!? what is this the USMT?

Oh thank God I thought it was just me that thought that was odd. First “Rube Goldberg machines” and now this.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pesmerga posted:

Yeah I’m sorry, increasingly my job has turned into mental health triage for students with serious personal trauma or difficult circumstances before we can get them either to student support or before campus security can get on site. When I’m not doing that I’m having the difficult conversations regarding the fact they can’t stay on the course. so dealing with that day to day in addition to the generalised worry about politics, I’m either depressed or starting to suffer from degrading mental health myself. I guess I use this forum to blow off steam with my concerns because I can’t in my work life, but I don’t want to bring others down either. I’ll stop posting.

Hi Pes, I'm sorry you're having to take on so much. It sounds like you're having to hold a lot at the moment. If you (or anyone) would like to vent about the things troubling them I've always willing to listen.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

gh0stpinballa posted:

there's no nice way to ask this so...what the gently caress is really going on with rachel riley?

this is post 1 of a multi part breakdown. i do not believe for one second she has dug up all these columns and articles herself. i'm sorry, i just don't.

She's rich and worried about her taxes op

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Jose posted:

She's rich and worried about her taxes op

like i am trying to tread carefully because obviously it looks terrible to suspect something else is going on here, given she's a jewish woman in the spotlight 24/7 who i'm sure does get antisemitic insults and threats thrown at her, but...this feels so coordinated, and like she's being fed lines and things to post.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Riley's just got corbyn brain imo.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Wow Danny Devito has.... really got in shape
It started in chan pol bullshit but I think that picture does sum up three of the worst types of people to poo poo up any discussion on the internet, the "water can store feelings, chemtrails are real, all politicians just want the same thing" type where any injection of science or "maybe vote for the ones that want the same thing but not murdering people" gets dismissed with "you're just not ready to see it yet", the "it's common sense, Labour spent too much money and then the Tories had to cut to save money" type, and Nazis, fuckin Nazis.

Beefeater1980 posted:

Oh thank God I thought it was just me that thought that was odd. First “Rube Goldberg machines” and now this.
Erasing Rube Goldberg machines is antisemitic.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

gh0stpinballa posted:

like i am trying to tread carefully because obviously it looks terrible to suspect something else is going on here, given she's a jewish woman in the spotlight 24/7 who i'm sure does get antisemitic insults and threats thrown at her, but...this feels so coordinated, and like she's being fed lines and things to post.

She's a lifelong tory voter who's somehow engineered the image of being someone driven away from Labour due to LEGITIMATE CONCERNS over anti-semitism. This has mostly led to her pushing the idea that a Corbyn government would start rounding up Jews immediately.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is there a british name for a rube goldberg machine?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

gh0stpinballa posted:

There is enough undercover footage showing that the Israeli State is funding exactly this, so don't put it past her, but it is more likely;

OwlFancier posted:

corbyn brain

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

OwlFancier posted:

Heath Robinson contraption. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._Heath_Robinson

Decade before Rube Goldberg.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Heath Robinson contraption, but they're slightly different things.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

gh0stpinballa posted:

I'm Jewish so have no concerns about claiming she's doing it for tax reasons. Imo she used it as a reason to not vote labour without getting shouted down and like lots of twitter nutters received insane online support about leading to them being insane on twitter. Graham linehan being another example

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Just because someone's famous doesn't mean they can't be a loving nutter online.

If anything if you take away the things that root people in reality by giving them a bunch of money and surrounding them with journos and middle class media types it's near certain they're gonna develop some kind of psychosis.

Also literally never heard of heath robinson.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Nov 13, 2019

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Beefeater1980 posted:

Heath Robinson contraption. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._Heath_Robinson

Decade before Rube Goldberg.

So you're accusing Goldberg of being a thief? Typical anti-semitic corbynite

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/caitlinmoran/status/1194620515492802560?s=19

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

gh0stpinballa posted:

Rachel Riley is dumb as chalk. She stumbled down the right wing rabbit hole and just decided to run with it.

https://twitter.com/RachelRileyRR/status/976131108898246657?s=20

https://twitter.com/RachelRileyRR/status/1075166060985364480?s=20

If Dankula can trick me. Notable genius then imagine how easily Corbyn is tricking everyone else!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oh sure now you all want to bang red ed.

He does look like he's aged about ten years in the last four though :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rarity posted:

Hi forkboy, I'm sorry. And I'm sorry that you're dealing with depression cause it's an absolute dick. I've had it myself, I know how it just makes everything negative and I do get that. I'm sorry for making it sound like it was your choice, I should have worded my issue clearer. The difficulty I have at times with this thread is when people are feeling negative and are determined to enforce that negative belief on others in an attempt to have that negativity confirmed as reality. This isn't just unhealthy for the person at the source it also has a real demoralising effect on the rest of the group which I do think we need to avoid at such a crucial time. Keeping Labour activists positive and motivated is important and will be a key factor in any election success. Of course I want people suffering with depression to be supported, there's a and there's a conflict here which I dunno how to resolve :/ Sorry again, thanks for calling me out and I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

I appreciate this post and while I have your attention I strongly urge you to watch some Kento Miyahara. Stop having a social life, just inject wrestling into your eyes on a 24 hour basis. All the nutrition you need.