Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Sockser posted:

Wait

Do the character models not have loving antialiasing?

Cmon son

Like, acceptable on a 3DS game, and I’d appreciate the aesthetic, but cmon

You have to get the AA enabler key item first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Sockser posted:

Wait

Do the character models not have loving antialiasing?

Cmon son

Like, acceptable on a 3DS game, and I’d appreciate the aesthetic, but cmon

You could count the number of Switch games with antialiasing on one hand imo.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Pylons posted:

You could count the number of Switch games with antialiasing on one hand imo.

Yeah i spent a while staring at that and it’s not the model that’s not antialiased, but the actual texture on the model isn’t

Maybe It’ll be different once I play it but the visual presentation and style of this game is all over the place. Lots of weird textures just kind of haphazardly thrown about with no consistency has me reading this like babby’s first Unity project with textures sourced from GIS

I’m still getting it, of course, and I hope I’ll have fun, and maybe I won’t care about this once I’m playing it since I usually don’t care about GOOD GRAPHICS PC MASTER RACE type poo poo

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

https://twitter.com/DeathChaos25/status/1194670124843884545

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Zore posted:

Is there a dump of the movepool changes with the new TMs?

Also looking through it, some of the complaints about powerful TMs being moved to the 1 use ones are pretty overblown. Like yeah, Earthquake was but High Horsepower is the same drat thing with 5 less power and is still a regular TM etc.

Hope mudshot gets buffed so intelleon gets coverage.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

How much you wanna bet all this early footage bugs are due to hacked games, and not actually the games themselves?

EDIT: aaaand that's what I get for not actually watching the clip first.

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU
so i'm definitely gonna play and probably enjoy this game, buuuuut positive reviews don't really hold a lot of weight for me when they read, "it's a pokemon game, i enjoyed that it was pokemon." the mixed-negative reviews seem to have a lot more detailed analysis about what does/doesn't work in this iteration.

the feeling that i'm getting is that it's a passable start for a new console generation, but kinda anemic when it comes to actual content. kinda like XY all over again, except maybe we'll actually get an improved third version this time.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
videogame review sites are all over the place which is why i've long since stopped trusting them.

Like you have the same reviewer giving Pokemon a good score because it does what a Pokemon game is supposed to do, and 2 years ago it gave Zelda BoTW a passing score because it changed the Zelda formula which was in need of a breath of fresh air. Both of those are very shallow half assed automated contradictory statements that make me believe you've never played a game in either franchise before aside from the mandatory 30 mins gameplay your review requires.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

lezard_valeth posted:

videogame review sites are all over the place which is why i've long since stopped trusting them.

Like you have the same reviewer giving Pokemon a good score because it does what a Pokemon game is supposed to do, and 2 years ago it gave Zelda BoTW a passing score because it changed the Zelda formula which was in need of a breath of fresh air. Both of those are very shallow half assed automated contradictory statements that make me believe you've never played a game in either franchise before aside from the mandatory 30 mins gameplay your review requires.

I don't really see what's contradictory about those statements

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Bulbasaur...?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Didn't it come out some streamer had actively hosed with his leaked stuff to remove animations and all just to make it look bad?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Watched a few non-leak videos and it feels like there's a lot of sounds missing throughout the game, which is extremely offputting

Zamazenta's signature move is weirdly silent because you'd think there'd be metallic clanks as it locks its shield into place

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

sexpig by night posted:

Didn't it come out some streamer had actively hosed with his leaked stuff to remove animations and all just to make it look bad?

A single streamer softlocked his game at one point because he was giving himself unlimited items.

Simulation883
Jan 1, 2007

Anidav posted:

Bulbasaur...?

The poster notes in her bio that they're a rom hacker, so they just put it in for that video. I know I got all excited too.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/president-trump-stop-sales-pokemon-sword-and-shield/

uuuummmmm :yikes:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

I think general switch hackery might be causing additionally bugs/performance issues, but I don't think they're actively removing assets from the game or anything.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
there's like 50% odds trump would think he could put a tariff on japan to stop this

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Simulation883 posted:

The poster notes in her bio that they're a rom hacker, so they just put it in for that video. I know I got all excited too.

loving hackers are really making this game unclear atm.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Anidav posted:

Bulbasaur...?

https://twitter.com/DeathChaos25/status/1194432523574632448

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Is, that chase in the code?

Pokemon being faster than me trying to run away is some horror movie poo poo.

God imagine that but with zubats in a cave.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

How you gonna put out a Pokemon game without Bulbasaur and Psyduck right after Detective Pikachu

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Anidav posted:

Is, that chase in the code?

Pokemon being faster than me trying to run away is some horror movie poo poo.

God imagine that but with zubats in a cave.

https://twitter.com/CreepsGreece/status/1194594900660109313

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVm1NbrXaXc

like and share if you are super disappointed but this will be you on friday.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Eternatus Raid Boss Fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeKc4Rj23Do

This actually looks dope :downs:

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
that eurogamer review is legitimately some of the best videogame journalism i've seen in quite a while, which is simultaneously damning with faint praise but also meant to be positive

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I don't know if this has been posted but here's the IGN review everyone's all assblasted over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSX_kvdV9o0

tbh I...don't see the issue? Everyone's all 'she didn't SAY anything it's just getting good number because she likes pokemon' but she does lay out the core thing? She says graphics have never been the main draw for pokemon to her, and she says it's disappointing the older moves still have old animations, but the pros of being able to skip tutorials and the wild area and all out weigh it. I guess I'm biased because that's where I'm at too but I don't see how that's 'saying nothing', it's just 'she wants different things from a pokemon game than the people getting angry'

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

The petition maker should check the current Twitter trends before he starts relying on Trump. :v:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

lezard_valeth posted:

I'll give credit where it's definitely due, it looks like they finally did something about the gormless look the player character constantly had during sun and moon. It looks amazingly better where your guy/girl isn't looking death in the face and is making the :downs: expression.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
At this point, do we know how trading will work since the GTS is dead? Do people have to exchange friend codes to arrange specific trades?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Mizuti posted:

At this point, do we know how trading will work since the GTS is dead? Do people have to exchange friend codes to arrange specific trades?

That's generally how I usually do it. Not to say I didn't appreciate what GTS brought to the table. It helped me complete my pokedex after all.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Flopsy posted:

I'll give credit where it's definitely due, it looks like they finally did something about the gormless look the player character constantly had during sun and moon. It looks amazingly better where your guy/girl isn't looking death in the face and is making the :downs: expression.

yea I think it should be pointed out that while I do wish a lot of old moves got new animations and all they did a pretty solid job making our hero look like less of a walking barbie doll.

Speaking of barbies, how's the clothes options look? I know that was supposedly a selling point that they finally figured out people like playing dress-up and I loved the soccer style gym themed uniforms someone posted before, any other especially cute/neat outfits or hairstyles or whatever get shown?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the vacant expression on the protag's face was great and if it's gone, that's yet another sin of swsh

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

lezard_valeth posted:

if only leon was in the raid so you could kill his charizard

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mizuti posted:

Sounds like similar to LGPE with the added bonus of Wonder Trades.

Here’s an article that covers Y Comm

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Flopsy posted:

does your character still swing their arms like an idiot as part of the walking animation?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Licarn posted:

if only leon was in the raid so you could kill his charizard

I wish the leak where he illegally roided out his Charizard had been real

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

sexpig by night posted:

I don't know if this has been posted but here's the IGN review everyone's all assblasted over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSX_kvdV9o0

tbh I...don't see the issue? Everyone's all 'she didn't SAY anything it's just getting good number because she likes pokemon' but she does lay out the core thing? She says graphics have never been the main draw for pokemon to her, and she says it's disappointing the older moves still have old animations, but the pros of being able to skip tutorials and the wild area and all out weigh it. I guess I'm biased because that's where I'm at too but I don't see how that's 'saying nothing', it's just 'she wants different things from a pokemon game than the people getting angry'

the secret is they don't think she's saying nothing, it's that she's saying the 'wrong' thing

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

the secret is they don't think she's saying nothing, it's that she's saying the 'wrong' thing

Also that she is a feeeeeeemale

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

Anidav posted:

My take is that I can't really expect her to say much against it since her job probably depends on her not saying much against it.

That is my take on the underlying situation though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Anidav posted: