Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/HondaDriver8000/status/1194340378004078597

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Majorian posted:

He got Lula freed. That makes him about a million times more worthwhile than pretty much all other journalists.

right I'm sure he was an integral part to the reporting done on that and not just another example of him swooping in to take credit like always

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

the paradigm shift posted:

right I'm sure he was an integral part to the reporting done on that and not just another example of him swooping in to take credit like always

Wow you're dumb.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

yeah he does a great job earning half a mil to take credit for other people's work and burning whistleblowers

Generally, whistleblowers spent most of their time being complicit and profiting from whatever crime they later leaked, though.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

lol

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

his name is the first one on this article on a site he's most associated with that means he did tons of work!!!!!!!!!!!!

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

as if I didn't read that when it was new you really are the worst poster atop a shitheap of people who need to stop talking

the paradigm shift fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Nov 13, 2019

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
fish hook theory is real...

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

as if I didn't read that when it was new you really are the worst poster atop a shitheap of people who need to stop talking

Lol you didn’t read it when it was new.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Majorian posted:

Lol you didn’t read it when it was new.

yes I did glad you attacked the substance

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

exmarx posted:

fish hook theory is real...

????? you get dumber with every post man

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/FlagsMashupBot/status/1194716582120955904

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
you can't talk about politics here, this is the politics forum chat thread

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cease to Hope posted:

you can't talk about politics here, this is the politics forum chat thread

this is thread politics that you are talking

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i believe every poster gets dumber with each post. this is why i refuse to stop posting

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
“If people are intimidated out of running for office in a democracy because of these hatemongers on the left or the right … that is the path [to] authoritarianism, that is the path [to] fascism".

guess who

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

no i refuse

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

exmarx posted:

“If people are intimidated out of running for office in a democracy because of these hatemongers on the left or the right … that is the path [to] authoritarianism, that is the path [to] fascism".

guess who

I'm guessing blair because my country deserves to die

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

exmarx posted:

guess who

Centrist liberal talk, Im guessing either Biden or Trudeau.

Also please tell me Im reading the whole Bolivia thing way out of context because I refuse to believe that in 2019 the USA is still out overthrowing democratically elected governments because they wanted to nationalize the lithium mines which would hurt Tesla's bottom line.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Furnaceface posted:

Also please tell me Im reading the whole Bolivia thing way out of context because I refuse to believe that in 2019 the USA is still out overthrowing democratically elected governments because they wanted to nationalize the lithium mines which would hurt Tesla's bottom line.

I mean the USA didn’t do it alone but yeah, why would that be hard to believe

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

We literally tried to do it with Venezuela like just a half year ago.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Pirate Radar posted:

I mean the USA didn’t do it alone but yeah, why would that be hard to believe

I guess I assumed everyone hated Tesla as much as I do. :(

Majorian posted:

We literally tried to do it with Venezuela like just a half year ago.

Also I forgot about this and thought it was way further back than 6 months holy poo poo what is going on. How long ago was the Greenland thing?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Doesn’t have to be Tesla specifically, I don’t think people were sitting around in meeting rooms like “yeah this will be great for our boy Elon”

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
for the next stage in my career, i have decided to worship a lump of gold shaped like a cow

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
it's a very underrated move imo

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Doesn't Trump in particular not like Musk?

I thought I recalled some animosity there.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Furnaceface posted:

uh I mean there's a 69% chance we'd be doing this under Clinton anyways but who do you think is the president right now

though this doesn't feel like it has Trump's finger prints all over it mostly cause it's been competent if I had to guess it's more like American push but a lot the current right wing governments carrying the water

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
At this point America has cultivated a self-perpetuating population of Chicago school guys who live to do regime change in Latin America, it’ll happen under almost any president that doesn’t specifically oppose it

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

providing and shipping the water ? Definitely doing more heavy lifting cause it's not like Trump is paying nearly any attention to any of this

while Venezuela was a thing of several gop known names things as like a human rights issue to try and frame and the most prominent one (Bolton) is out, and Rubio who is kind of an outsider in the admin

not really a similar narrative for Evo who for most americans has flown under the radar

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
they really went and installed a christian fascist president in 2019. the amerikan hatred of indigenous people is really wild, particularly given how they practically ignore the existence of the traditional owners of their own land??? some body should write about it.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
the quote was from hillary btw

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

exmarx posted:

She’s on a roll this week.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

exmarx posted:

no one ever guessed btw

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Oh nvrm Tess guessed Blair which should have been obvious wrong cause it wasn't actually it's good this central Asian presidency has lasted for fortty years

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
was that quote from the same interview where she reiterated a bunch of TERF talking points?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

fauna posted:

for the next stage in my career, i have decided to worship a lump of gold shaped like a cow

The worshiping a lump of gold bit is easy but how are you going to turn into the shape of a cow?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

fauna posted:

I can’t put my finger on it but I feel like there’s a rule about this somewhere

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

:frogbon:

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...

Jerry Cotton posted:

The worshiping a lump of gold bit is easy but how are you going to turn into the shape of a cow?
the grace of the campfire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

im princess nokia