Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah it is pretty much that. The Super knows the deal and he threatened to rat them out once but Joey dance with him and made it all better.

Ahhh, yeah that rings a bell.

Inspector Hound posted:

Poppity-pop-pop-pop!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

C'mon now guys we had the car port derail, lets not have another about the second most overrated show of all time after seinfeld alright?

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
I was thinking about good twists on the Frasier formula and the best one has to be The Simpsons making them bad. I was watching Mindhunters and I could easily imagine the same Frasier shenanigans but about murder.

"Niles! What the hell have you done? There is blood all over my Coco Chanel sofa!"

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Bickering fops has been comedic gold since the Restoration

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
yeah okay but which non-Cheers-universe sitcoms would you most want to see do crossover episode(s) with Fraiser

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man I know that people age but those pictures/selfies of Courtney Cox and Ms. Chanandler Bong are terrible and they look older and more haggard than my senior citizen rear end parents

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Darthemed posted:

yeah okay but which non-Cheers-universe sitcoms would you most want to see do crossover episode(s) with Fraiser

Friends where Frasier gives counseling to Chandler to fight his terrible pill addiction and to let Monica know it’s ok to age, it’s ok to grow old
Also it’s assumed that after a wacky misunderstanding and farce Frasier has to be a jail psychologist and counsels terrible sex pervert criminal Ross

And moonbats Phoebe and Daphne interact some how, I don’t know I’m not a writer

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Darthemed posted:

Why limit to sitcoms? I think Frasier would be a great guest on Hannibal (the other way around would be fine too)

I wouldn't mind if some of the characters from Bojack Horseman called in

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Because I just want to see an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm in which Larry ends up at one of Frasier’s dinner parties and silently suffers for an extended period of time.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I still got the impression that after a while people just go to Frasier's dinner parties to see how they're going to go hilariously wrong this time.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Frasier maintained his lifestyle and fancy-rear end wines when he was unemployed and even loaned Roz a couple thousand like it was no big thing, him getting another job during that arc was treated as a question of dignity and pride rather than money like it was for Roz. Its pretty heavily implied if not outright stated that his money comes from investments, and stocks and things like that with the huge seed money he was making as a psychiatrist in private practice.

Yeah, the episode where Duke's is getting torn down has Frasier and Niles be major investors in the development that's replacing it, both of them are independently wealthy and overall pretty good with money. About the only time one of them has money troubles is when Niles is divorcing Maris and has to move out on short notice.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You guys are nuts. Frasier/Spartacus crossover for the ultimate slam dunk.

Frasier: "What we need is a good opening sentence. Something that will smack the reader right between the eyes, and then take him on a virtual roller-coaster ride of self-awareness and discovery."

Batiatus: "Turn desire to piss and poo poo, and see yourself well satisfied!"

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Ready player one but instead of video games and sci fi it's dry sitcoms and HBO dramas

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Ronnie's hair is a really bad wig isn't it? Her hair looks like it's perched on top of her head.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

Batiatus: "Turn desire to piss and poo poo, and see yourself well satisfied!"

Holy poo poo lol

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

The obvious answer is IASIP to get the low-class and high-class farces to intersect and explode in some catastrophic fiasco.

Inspector Hound posted:

Ready player one but instead of video games and sci fi it's dry sitcoms and HBO dramas

sorry people are posting wrong in the gbs frasier thread but even so this is a super dumb analogy

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

food court bailiff posted:

sorry people are posting wrong in the gbs frasier thread but even so this is a super dumb analogy

Alright then Roger Rabbit

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The obvious answer is IASIP to get the low-class and high-class farces to intersect and explode in some catastrophic fiasco.

And now I'm picturing Frasier singing Day Man

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Darthemed posted:

Venture Bros

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

WampaLord posted:

Also radio paid a shitload of money at the time if you were super popular. And while Frasier's show isn't national, I'm sure he was doing pretty well.

At one time he was being heard every day by over half a million listeners in the Pacific Northwest and parts of Canada

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

alexandriao posted:

I was thinking about good twists on the Frasier formula and the best one has to be The Simpsons making them bad. I was watching Mindhunters and I could easily imagine the same Frasier shenanigans but about murder.

"Niles! What the hell have you done? There is blood all over my Coco Chanel sofa!"

Crane Bros Mysteries

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Darthemed posted:

KEEPING

UP

APPEARANCES

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

420 Gank Mid posted:

Venture Bros

Maris def joins the Guild of Calamitous Intent

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Darthemed posted:

I'm genuinely surprised Marty never shared some fun stories with the boys about his time at a certain surgical hospital in Korea.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

There was a Cheers / Friends Crossover. Joey watches Cheers in England.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

KEEPING

UP

APPEARANCES

HOLY poo poo THIS IS loving GOLD DUST

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

JK Fresco posted:

Crane Bros Mysteries

I feel that Niles would pull an American Psycho and wrap everything in the house whereas Niles would just push Roz off the balcony and escape via the fire exit

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

alexandriao posted:

I feel that Niles would pull an American Psycho and wrap everything in the house whereas Niles would just push Roz off the balcony and escape via the fire exit

American Psycho's whole deal is basically already serial killer Frasier.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

420 Gank Mid posted:

Venture Bros

I need this.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Maris def joins the Guild of Calamitous Intent

No, I think it'd be one of the boys, but I can't decide if it'd be Niles or Frasier.

"Cam Winston and I have been engaged in a deadly game of cat and also-cat for years!"

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

Darthemed posted:

yeah okay but which non-Cheers-universe would you most want to see do crossover episode(s) with Fraiser

https://twitter.com/tresdessert/status/656263523971026944

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Niles wears the Kane mask.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

KEEPING

UP

APPEARANCES

This and Sunny sound amazing but I want to nominate Girlfriends, which was a great show about black women, produced by Kelsey Grammar.

They also just had a Girlfriends reunion on Blackish, which was part of a good episode on intersectionality and feminism 🤷🏾‍♀️

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Mad Hamish posted:

No, I think it'd be one of the boys, but I can't decide if it'd be Niles or Frasier.

"Cam Winston and I have been engaged in a deadly game of cat and also-cat for years!"

Obviously Niles but only because Frasier joined the OSI

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

My favorite part of the show has to be the scenes during the credits. I just watched the one where Frasier turns his condo in to Dukes and its a great scene.

My all-time favourite end credits scene is the episode when Sam Malone comes to visit and they find out his fiancee slept with Cliff (from Cheers).

Cliff? CLIFF!!

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

the fraiser/always sunny brundlefly has already been realised as the actual life and personality of kelsey grammer

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Obviously Niles but only because Frasier joined the OSI

The Guild is full of insane snobs, he'd fit right in.

Like half their dinner parties probably already qualify as level 1 arching at least.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The Guild is full of insane snobs, he'd fit right in.

Like half their dinner parties probably already qualify as level 1 arching at least.

Which Niles would of course brag about forcing Frasier to join the Guild while pretending it was because of issues with OSI's decor.

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster
3rd Rock from the sun.

It's the other good show.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Trailer Park Boys

Chaos reigns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Clockwork Sputnik posted:

3rd Rock from the sun.

Frasier flirts with Mary and fraternises with Dick in an attempt to gain academic credibility; Dick mistakes him for a fellow alien while Mary thinks he wants a threesome. Harry lands a late night radio gig after Daphne becomes convinced he's psychic, making Niles jealous. Sally is infatuated with Martin and wants to use alien tech to rejuvenate him.