Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

My favorite thing about this game is how completely refreshing it is to have a post-apoc game where everyone (save Homo Demens and, to a lesser extent, MULEs) are just nice people working together to help each other rebuild. Even the stuck-up guys who don't want to join the UCA are still good at heart. The game seems so completely free from the craven selfishness and depressing sickening nihilism that infests basically every other post-apoc game.

It's a really cool unique vibe to have a wholesome post-apocalypse game. I love the feeling of coming across an incomplete bridge foundation and donating whatever metal I happen to have on me. Even if it's not enough to finish it you know someone else will come along and donate some too and whoever placed it there will eventually have their bridge made. Somehow it feels more collaborative and helpful than if you ever actually saw other players.

HolePisser1982 posted:

feel like im inescapably gonna be buying some low roar albums in the near future lol

I had never heard of them before and I'm a fan now lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When I got hosed up by MULEs I lost a delivery I was making and then an hour later 2/3rds of it got completed by somebody else online and now it's been like 4 hours and I refuse to cancel it, I know someone someday will finish the fight

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I walked past my first group of porters in the wild and was scared they were gonna attack but then they just said hi and gave me a cool rope.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Being Friendly Simulator

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Was just being chased by the giant BT and a friendly ghost with a PSN username popped out of the oil and started throwing hematic grenades to me??? That’s loving cool lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Was just being chased by the giant BT and a friendly ghost with a PSN username popped out of the oil and started throwing hematic grenades to me??? That’s loving cool lol

Lol badass I haven't seen that before

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Oh Long Johnson posted:

Being Friendly Simulator

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Lmao I was wandering around South Knot City and found the director of the Metal Gear Solid movie way out in a Martian landscape and he gave me a pair of sunglasses. This game loving rules

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
like-induced rsi

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lol there’s a reverse trike that’s themed off that amc show that advertises every time you use the toilet and if you boost on it sam says stuff like “wow this is loving awesome, it should be on an episode of Ride with Norman Reedus”

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The product placement is so outright and so brazen that it loops back around and becomes sincerely funny. It’s like the product placement scene in Wayne’s World

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
The Monster cans look so good.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Monster isn't doing any kind of cross promotion for Death Stranding so I'm pretty sure that was a creative decision. It rules.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The product placement is so outright and so brazen that it loops back around and becomes sincerely funny. It’s like the product placement scene in Wayne’s World

I like how most of it is confined to the hellish "Private Room" which already has Norman Reedus making gestures towards the camera and all kinds of 4th wall breaking poo poo

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Over There posted:

The Monster cans look so good.

Wait til you taste what’s in em.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I cannot stop laughing at how bad the VA for the girl you transport to the junk dealer is

I just got here and man you weren’t kidding. The VA reminds me of the rear end gently caress Twins from Orgazmo

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I wonder how many of the standard orders and lost cargo are custom for each person; I like how one of the ones you can find for Conan’s spot is an XL 60kg Alcoholic Beverages, and one of the urgent timed deliveries is hangover medication

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The final fantasy 15 cup noodle thing was like that.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

anyone else find a copy of Tim Burton’s Big Fish out in the wasteland? pretty sure thats my most prized possession

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I just got here and man you weren’t kidding. The VA reminds me of the rear end gently caress Twins from Orgazmo

lmfao

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Conan’s gift is truly incredible

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

anyone else find a copy of Tim Burton’s Big Fish out in the wasteland? pretty sure thats my most prized possession

lol amazing

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I loaded up a truck with like 200kg of poo poo and drove it through a rainstorm and drained the battery without a PCC on me to build a generator and now I'm spending like 30 minutes trudging back to base to fabricate one . My roommate was like "just reload a save" and I wanted to cuss him out for "not getting it" . Death Stranding

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lmfao.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lmao at drunk sam when you switch the monster energy out for craft beer in the private room

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The canteen that automatically converts rainwater to Monster is a stroke of genius

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

goferchan posted:

Lmao at drunk sam when you switch the monster energy out for craft beer in the private room

Chugging multiple porters in a row is a powerful move

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Oh poo poo...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Been doing a lot of what I call the Private Room Lean while sitting down in chairs recently

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

Been doing a lot of what I call the Private Room Lean while sitting down in chairs recently

Lmfao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Oh poo poo...

I got lit off 4 porters and he smashed all the poo poo off the table and now i still get the prompt to "examine table" but it's empty

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

doing sam’s full “yo eyes up come look at my toy shelf” gesture whenever i want to point at literally anything irl

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

goferchan posted:

I got lit off 4 porters and he smashed all the poo poo off the table and now i still get the prompt to "examine table" but it's empty

incredible

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the feeling of having a thousand piss grenades stockpiled from literal coast to coast

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

goferchan posted:

i thought this was a joke and then i did it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
this game rocks

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I love that chapter 3 is mixing up the delivery points beyond just Bridges facilities, like the weather tower and the timefall farm. They add a lot of character to the environment. I feel like I've been in this chapter forever just maxing out social links and renovating stuff

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Whoever posted that the blood grenade effect pwned: Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted: