Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I didn't see that as them acting like Cain can't speak English. I saw it as something similar to Rey, where he sometimes slips into Spanish when he's especially pissed or for a pop or whatever. Rey does it all the time. The other stuff is true though!

They've literally had Rey cutting his promos in English and Cain ONLY speaking Spanish. His second language. If Cain was mad and slipping into another language, he's slip into English.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

It’s disrespectful to the talent really.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Benne posted:

It's loving wild that stuff like "refusing to grant talent release requests, essentially holding them hostage" and "making American-born Cain Velasquez pretend he doesn't know English because Mexican" won't even crack the Top 5 of worst things WWE has done this year.

Don't forget having Kofi Kingston have a fantastic championship chase with the crowd getting behind him, and the chase ending with an awesome match at Wrestlemania, only for Kofi's reign to end several months later in 7 seconds.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

They've literally had Rey cutting his promos in English and Cain ONLY speaking Spanish. His second language. If Cain was mad and slipping into another language, he's slip into English.

I could have sworn Cain cut a promo (albeit a brief one) in English at some point and I took the Rey thing to just be a cover for Cain being a bad talker (like Heyman for Brock) but I may just be misremembering so I'm willing to take an L on this one.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

There is some sort of nuance here in how those two matches compare that I'm missing.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Pollyanna posted:

There is some sort of nuance here in how those two matches compare that I'm missing.

He’s mad because they had the next title challenger lose to someone randomly on raw and then turn around and pin the champion the next week

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i didn't watch any of that but it sounds like he's mad because the person who beat the champions on the previous show was not the person given a "championship opportunity" even though their partner for that match was given one with someone else.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

lmao so last week Randy Orton gave Rusev an RKO out of nowhere and was cleared from the ring by Ricochet, and this week he's teaming with him for no reason whatsoever?

WWE, Arse, Elbow.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Dell_Zincht posted:

lmao so last week Randy Orton gave Rusev an RKO out of nowhere and was cleared from the ring by Ricochet, and this week he's teaming with him for no reason whatsoever?

WWE, Arse, Elbow.

Reminder that this is the company that fired someone for daring to suggest they keep story boards for continuity.

:goodshit:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I just realized that Orton turning face for no reason is likely "punishment" for acting like he might sign with AEW.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

bradzilla posted:

I just realized that Orton turning face for no reason is likely "punishment" for acting like he might sign with AEW.

:goodshit:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Cavauro posted:

i didn't watch any of that but it sounds like he's mad because the person who beat the champions on the previous show was not the person given a "championship opportunity" even though their partner for that match was given one with someone else.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

He’s mad because they had the next title challenger lose to someone randomly on raw and then turn around and pin the champion the next week

lol he’s mad for both of these reasons because there’s sooooooo much stupid with this booking

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I could have sworn Cain cut a promo (albeit a brief one) in English at some point and I took the Rey thing to just be a cover for Cain being a bad talker (like Heyman for Brock) but I may just be misremembering so I'm willing to take an L on this one.

It was at their "press conference" they did in Vegas with Cain and Fury. Cain just dead forgot his lines and their was a huge pause where he was desperately trying to remember while Rey tried to mouth him the words or something.

I haven't seen any of his ufc stuff so I don't know if he has a history of awkward interviews or if he was just struggling the first time he had to stick to a long script, but either way just pretending he doesn't speak English is not good.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

The Cain poo poo sets me off so loving much.

loving racist goddamn trash company. gently caress all of them.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

The Cain poo poo sets me off so loving much.

loving racist goddamn trash company. gently caress all of them.

Yep. It’s this poo poo and Hulk Hogan returning and well, the other racists who work there who ain’t apologizing for poo poo that made me swear them off, even when I didn’t want to. Can’t go back.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Envisioned posted:

I haven't seen any of his ufc stuff so I don't know if he has a history of awkward interviews or if he was just struggling the first time he had to stick to a long script, but either way just pretending he doesn't speak English is not good.

Cain was never really a flashy personality or a big talker during his mma run but he was never particularly awkward. He basically didn't say much and let his performance talk for him, he was a legit monster when he was healthy

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Goddamn these RAW spoilers got me doing the sicko laugh the entire time and my wife looking at me like "WTF?"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Opener for AEW Dark was Bucks vs Stronghearts, Bucks going over.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Kris Stat is currently teaming with Big Swole on AEW Dark against Britt and Riho.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Kris Statlander wrestling on AEW Dark, but everyone here said she was a bootlicking member of the wwe cult since she was obviously signing to wwe even after casey retracted his statement.

almost like maybe people should chill out with speculation of people getting offers until everything is 100%

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I didn't

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Kris Stat is currently teaming with Big Swole on AEW Dark against Britt and Riho.

Stop trying to make fetch happen, guys.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Stop trying to make fetch happen, guys.

She can't get better without being in the ring with better wrestlers.

Hence why she teams with the champion.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

yea ok posted:

I didn't

*in very johnny gargano voice* you're one of the good ones

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you must apologize about the WWE plant after she gives daddy the aew secrets.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yea ok posted:

I didn't

do you remember if i did. seems like something i’d do but i don’t think i did

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

She’s a plant still sorry I have it verified via my dad. I want to make sure I am clear to the WWE fans

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

do you remember if i did. seems like something i’d do but i don’t think i did

I don't remember. I could see it either way. Let's say you didn't

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nice

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I should probably clarify Stronghearts were represented by T-Hawk and Lindaman, no CIMA.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
thank you everyone that has posted so far for not having to be ashamed of your words and deeds against kris. except for you. you know who you are.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:smith:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

I should probably clarify Stronghearts were represented by T-Hawk and Lindaman, no CIMA.

oh, that is a cool. Glad to see El Lindaman back in the country.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

It's okay to be cynical about the biz. If you'd like, I can say things like "I still think she's a plant." or "This is bogus to get you off the trail" type stuff. Just for solidarity purposes

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Obviously card subject to change, but the big women's match currently advertised for TLC is:

RAW Women's Champion Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair vs The Kabuki Warriors for the Women's Tag Team Championships in a TLC match.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Gotta get Charlotte more gold. Love it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I will not be putting any blemishes on my scoop record for solidarity purposes. Apologies to those affected

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
lmao they're gonna do charlotte vs becky at mania while they hold the women's tag titles aren't they

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
They made an entrance video for Kris, so maybe she’s here for the long term.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I guess somebody conned Vince