Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

KungFu Grip posted:

lmao they're gonna do charlotte vs becky at mania while they hold the women's tag titles aren't they

Nah. Royal Rumble. It's going to be the Seth/Strowman storyline all over again, except with Becky and Charlotte instead. Asuka is going to get the honor of jobbing out to Becky at Wrestlemania.

Honestly I think they are trying to pair up Charlotte with Becky in an attempt to get her over, despite the fact that it will never work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AEW Dark for Youtube 11/19:

Dustin Rhodes guest commentator

Young Bucks (Matt and Nick Jackson) defeat StrongHearts (El Lindaman and T-Hawk)
Riho and Britt Baker defeat Big Swole and Kris Statlander
Best Friends (Chuck Taylor and Trent Beretta, with Orange Cassidy) defeat Private Party (Isiah Kassidy and Marq Quen)

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dark sounds like an awesome show this week

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Wow. Nice win for Besties.

That’s really surprising.

I couldn’t be more excite for Alien Kris.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Is Statlander the one who reportedly signed with NXT?

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

Mons Hubris posted:

Is Statlander the one who reportedly signed with NXT?

Yeah, she's the one Casey/Squared Circle Sirens jumped the gun on reporting the signing and then issued a retraction

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im glad to see the new women added seemingly each week. slowly but surely we're getting that depth that was really missing in the first couple of weeks

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

STONE COLD 64 posted:

im glad to see the new women added seemingly each week. slowly but surely we're getting that depth that was really missing in the first couple of weeks

If they can start giving them more time on Dynamite, even better.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

AEW Dark for Youtube 11/19:

Dustin Rhodes guest commentator

Young Bucks (Matt and Nick Jackson) defeat StrongHearts (El Lindaman and T-Hawk)
Riho and Britt Baker defeat Big Swole and Kris Statlander
Best Friends (Chuck Taylor and Trent Beretta, with Orange Cassidy) defeat Private Party (Isiah Kassidy and Marq Quen)

That seems a tad askew with PP probably eating another lost to Proud and Powerful next week.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Whatever it takes to get Chuck Taylor a win

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Chuck Taylor can get all the wins he likes, he WILL NEVER GET TO SAY poo poo ON AEW DYNAMITE!

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

MJeff posted:

Chuck Taylor can get all the wins he likes, he WILL NEVER GET TO SAY poo poo ON AEW DYNAMITE!

I mean, the spoilers don't mention it, but maybe he at least got to say poo poo on Dark. Then again, Nick Jackson would probably personally edit it out before the show is uploaded next week.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Tribute to the Troops spoilers:

quote:

Kevin Owens and Humberto Carillo d. Drew McIntyre and Andrade

Bobby Lashley vs. Rusev – Cancelled following promo from Lana regarding restraining order. Rusev attacks Lashley.

The OC d. Ricochet and The Viking Raiders

The Kabuki Warriors d. Natalya and Sarah Logan to retain the Women's Tag Titles

The Street Profits d. Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins

Boot Camp Match: Seth Rollins d. Erik Rowan

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

Tribute to the Troops spoilers:

I wasn't aware the Troop show was now done to lower morale. :v:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Who the hell books Seth Rollins vs Erick Rowan as a gift?

PantherWill
Feb 23, 2013
Is a Boot Camp Match like a Lumberjack Match, except that, if you wind up on the outside, a bunch of drill sergeants gather around to yell at you?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

You would think a company would stop scheduling two guys to wrestle each other when they know one has a restraining order against the other.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

PantherWill posted:

Is a Boot Camp Match like a Lumberjack Match, except that, if you wind up on the outside, a bunch of drill sergeants gather around to yell at you?

It's just a street fight.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

STAC Goat posted:

Who the hell books Seth Rollins vs Erick Rowan as a gift?

Big Thorf Marius is a stud.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

You would think a company would stop scheduling two guys to wrestle each other when they know one has a restraining order against the other.

Statistically a story line about violating a restraining order is relatable to this audience.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I don't know what's worse, that the restraining order gimmick is going to last until next year or that it will conclude at TLC but WWE will forget about it

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

KungFu Grip posted:

I don't know what's worse, that the restraining order gimmick is going to last until next year or that it will conclude at TLC but WWE will forget about it

Courts usually do 90 days for starters. WWE fans are familiar with the process.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

https://twitter.com/gagaart1/status/1204923973605232641

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Cash those checks Vickie.

Also, the lineup for Dark is stacked:
Bea vs Kris
SCU vs Private Party
Best Friends & OC vs TH2 & PAC

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Cash those checks Vickie.

Also, the lineup for Dark is stacked:
Bea vs Kris
SCU vs Private Party
Best Friends & OC vs TH2 & PAC

Keep building to Orange Cassidy vs. PAC

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i like vickie

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
She's a pro wall trumper

Wendell
May 11, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

She's a pro wall trumper

ACTUALLY?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

KungFu Grip posted:

She's a pro wall trumper

i did not know this

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

KungFu Grip posted:

She's a pro wall trumper

yeah it was pretty sad when I saw her take on the wall stuff.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I actually do like how AEW Dark will pull in rando washed up wrestlers to do commentary for a couple matches, then never have them back.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

super macho dude posted:

I actually do like how AEW Dark will pull in rando washed up wrestlers to do commentary for a couple matches, then never have them back.

They're tryouts for when JR becomes a farm

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

The Nyla Rose one was good. She was way funnier and playful on the mic then I expected

super macho dude fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Dec 12, 2019

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Cody's legit best edict thus far in AEW has been AEW Dark as a training and practice ground for people to get time calling matches. Even if it doesn't work it means that a repeat of the Britt Baker incident from early in Dynamite's run (first episode iirc) should be mitigated and you can have more people get information across during matches.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I also think Dark has probably played an important role in establishing the women's division. The process seemed to be Step 1: Tag matches of lots of women on Dark, Step 2: Big showcases and wins for individuals on Dynamite." The second probably works without the first but I think it sped up the process.

Now they just have to air it on Saturday.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Next week's Raw:

Jimmy Fallon holiday message on the tron
Kevin Owens defeats Mojo Rawley in an Xmas street fight. Postmatch Owens keeps beating up Mojo, then calls out Seth Rollins and AOP. Seth and AOP come out and beat up Owens
Bobby Lashley defeats Cedric Alexander. Lana announces her wedding with Lashley is next week
Drew McIntyre defeats Zack Ryder. Postmatch Drew beats up Curt Hawkins, then announces 2020 will be the year of McIntyre
Becky Lynch challenges Asuka to a singles match, Asuka accepts and gets to decide when and where it happens
Ricochet defeats Tony Nese
Aleister Black defeats a local. Postmatch Buddy Murphy comes out and has an impromptu match where he too defeats a local. Postmatch Black and Murphy face off and Black beats up Murphy. Next week is Black vs Murphy
Charlotte defeats Chelsea Green
OC (AJ Styles, Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows) defeat Randy Orton and the Viking Raiders (Erik and Ivar)
Erick Rowan defeats a local
Rusev defeats No Way Jose. Postmatch Rusev says he's glad Lana and Lashley are getting married, they deserve each other
Rey Mysterio retains the US title over Seth after AOP interfere. Postmatch they attempt to Shield bomb Rey through the announce table, but commentator Samoa Joe won't move so they can clear everything. AOP beat up Joe and Seth stomps Rey

Next month-plus of NWA:

:aronrex: is now Shooter Stevens. Colt Cabana interrupts and says without Question Mark, Stevens isn't National champ
Melina, Thunder Rosa, Ashley Vox, Allysin Kay and ODB brawl
Zicky Dice defeats CW Anderson and Sal Rinauro in a triple threat TV title qualifying match
Rock n Roll Express (Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson) defeat a local team with Eddie Kingston on commentary
Wild Cards (Thomas Latimer and Royce Isaacs) defeat the Dawsons (Dave and Zane Dawson). Postmatch the teams continue to brawl
Nikita Koloff announces contestants for the TV title tournament: Ricky Starks, Caleb Konley, Cabana, Trevor Murdoch, Latimer, Question, Kingston, Tim Storm, Dawsons, and Nick Aldis. Aldis says he wants to be the first man to hold the world and TV titles simultaneously
Eli Drake defeats Ken Anderson in a no-DQ match
Aldis and Wild Cards attack Tim Storm. Kamilla Kaine spears Storm, then makes out with Latimer
PJ and Luke Hawx defeat Tyson Dean and Jeff Lewis Neal
Elijah Burke interrupts a Murdoch promo
Starks defeats Kingston in a first round TV title tournament match
James Storm defeats Isaacs by countout
Melina, Rosa and Marti Belle defeat ODB, Vox and Kay
Question defeats Cabana in a first round TV title tournament match
Colby Corino defeats George South
Stevens defeats Rinauro. Postmatch Murdoch challenges Stevens to a nontitle match
Murdoch defeats Stevens
Tasha Steelz defeats Marti
Tim Storm defeats Isaacs in a first round TV title tournament match after Isaacs replaced Aldis in the tournament

Zicky defeats Konley in a first round TV title tournament match
Rosa defeats ODB
Starks vs Aldis goes to a 6:05 time limit draw
Drake and James Storm defeat Cabana and Ken Anderson by DQ
Aldis introduces Scott Steiner to his stable
Zane Dawson defeats Dave Dawson in a first round TV title tournament match
Stevens and Question defeat Outlaw Inc (Kingston and Homicide, with Elijah Burke)
Melina defeats Vox
Drake, Tim Storm and Gibson defeat Wild Cards and Steiner. Morton gets a shot at Aldis
Freya the Slaya defeats Dani Jordyn
Rosa defeats Tasha
Murdoch defeats Latimer in a first round TV title tournament match
Kay defeats Marti in a no-DQ match. Rosa challenges Kay for the women's title at the January PPV
Ken Anderson wins a gauntlet featuring Konley, Cabana, CW Anderson, Jocephus, Dave, Rinauro and Stevens
Aldis retains the NWA title over Morton

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
No Scurll?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tapings were in Atlanta and started during the weekend, he was still in Philly for ROH at the time

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Chris James 2 posted:

Aldis introduces Scott Steiner to his stable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I have images of Scott Steiner suplexing a horse.