Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/TheIDSmiths/status/1194954125772853248

They did a compilation of everyone dunking on Boris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Cerebral Bore posted:

Though I gotta say it's very impressive how quickly and how badly Swinson and the rest of Lib Dem high command have sunk their own ship. That takes some commitment.

It appears they've fired their opening salvo right into their own arsenal.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Cerebral Bore posted:

Though I gotta say it's very impressive how quickly and how badly Swinson and the rest of Lib Dem high command have sunk their own ship. That takes some commitment.

Its more hubris than a Euripedes play.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

Ahhh, beautiful.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Orange Devil posted:

It appears they've fired their opening salvo right into their own arsenal.

I thought we were finished with kink-chat for the day?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/1194967120599298050

The Telegraph have found out what a clit is and are absolutely appalled.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Gonzo McFee posted:

The man yelling "Answer the bloody question!" is my favorite

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Got my polling card for Golders Green and Finchley today, then saw this

Oh do gently caress off. The courage to militarise a farce for a oval office with no platform other than to play woe is me. Get in the loving bin and don’t come near my house or you’re getting doused in blue paint to show your true colours.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Nov 14, 2019

mediadave
Sep 8, 2011

trypsin posted:

<delurk>Victoria Prentis has a ~13k Majority in Banbury, but that's down from 18k in 2015, the Labour candidate Suzette Watson is really nice and (as a first timer to this) there seems to be good energy and positivity in the campaign despite the uphill battle. Depends where you live but North Oxfordshire villages in the west of Banbury constituency like Hook Norton might be really quite close to you. There are some details on mylabour or I have PMs if you're interested...</delurk>

You may have PMs but I don't think I do...

(How do you get/set PMs on Something awful?? I've only been a member since 2011)

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1194963704850173958

Why on earth is Kuenssberg retweeting this without any comment whatsoever? The Tories should be getting absolutely loving skewered on this poo poo - 9 years in charge, they have literally nowhere to hide and no excuses to make, but she just retweets this as it is.

E: Also, Bojo is looking loving bloated and knackered and it's only been a week.

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Nov 14, 2019

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Bardeh posted:

Why on earth is Kuenssberg retweeting this without any comment whatsoever? The Tories should be getting absolutely loving skewered on this poo poo - 9 years in charge, they have literally nowhere to hide and no excuses to make, but she just retweets this as it is.

Because she's a Tory propagandist?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jose posted:

The jav titles twitter account is a great follow

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

mediadave posted:

You may have PMs but I don't think I do...

(How do you get/set PMs on Something awful?? I've only been a member since 2011)

buy platinum

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
New dumbest timeline possibility - Labour/SNP coalition gets through a second EU ref and cancel Brexit, second Indyref goes Yes, EU tell Scotland they can't join, all the gammons flee north of the border to escape bendy bananas.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

This is the loving dumbest thing I've read this election cycle, and that's really saying something.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cerebral Bore posted:

Because she's a Tory propagandist?

Well...yeah, I guess. It's still shocking to me how blatant she can be about it.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Junior G-man posted:

This is the loving dumbest thing I've read this election cycle, and that's really saying something.

Saw this and pretty sure I had a mini aneurysm just at the sheer stupidity of it

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Hmm, can I be bothered making an twitter image macro bot..

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSFFJ26m4P0
:laugh:

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Diet Crack posted:

Saw this and pretty sure I had a mini aneurysm just at the sheer stupidity of it

Sanitary and I do most of the sourcing for Comment or Commentariat for the podcast, so we've been down some hardcore roads of stupidity, but this goes way beyond what you can even find in the Daily Express or poo poo like that.

Junior G-man fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Nov 14, 2019

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/HackneyAbbott/status/1194968908329037824

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

lmbo

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I’m certain even trump would say he’s nothing like Corbyn.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I wonder if the fight's been decided then.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/Orwell_Fan/status/1194958844822216705

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/MrMichaelSpicer/status/1194914585989378048

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

I wonder if the fight's been decided then.

I have to assume it has been, I can't believe she'd tweet this if it weren't. Or maybe it's on a knife-edge and she's trying to tip it?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It's the current Labour policy.

I'm still cackling at Marsan celebrating the Lib Dems by calling them turds in water.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

New dumbest timeline possibility - Labour/SNP coalition gets through a second EU ref and cancel Brexit, second Indyref goes Yes, EU tell Scotland they can't join, all the gammons flee north of the border to escape bendy bananas.

Please don’t tempt such an awful and lovely fate for me

Junior G-man posted:

Sanitary and I do most of the sourcing for Comment or Commentariat for the podcast, so we've been down some hardcore roads of stupidity, but this goes way beyond what you can even find in the Daily Express or poo poo like that.

I’ve not read this yet, but I’ll put on my asbestos boots and go back into the mine I guess!

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

HONK

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I thought the current labour policy was that "free movement will end" and they were going for a customs union rather than single market membership.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The Customs Union and Single Market are different things. You can have one or both. It's pretty much a given that Labour will negotiate into staying in the SM, IMO. TBH.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

quote:

The parallels are not immediately obvious. They are hidden beneath their contrasting personalities and values.

The similarities are hidden beneath their fundamental differences!

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

OwlFancier posted:

I thought the current labour policy was that "free movement will end" and they were going for a customs union rather than single market membership.

Conference passed a motion to keep free movement so who knows until the manifesto is done.

That whole statement has very much been a matter of fact without any further real clarification beyond it to avoid having to confront the issue though, so we’ll see some sort of confirmation soon as to what is actually the intention.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

Well that's the thing, that was - if not policy - the line that most of the front bench were using up until Conference, with evasiveness when pressed on it after the Conference vote, because this is probably the only time the PLP Brains Trust and (some of) the unions have lined up on the same side of an argument against the membership.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

crossing my fingers that the manifesto is released with three beautiful words:

RAKE IN LAKE

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Tesseraction posted:

The Customs Union and Single Market are different things. You can have one or both. It's pretty much a given that Labour will negotiate into staying in the SM, IMO. TBH.

Other way round, isn't it? A customs union - not *the* Customs Union - can be done without free movement of people, the Single Market requires the Four Freedoms.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sanitary Naptime posted:

Conference passed a motion to keep free movement so who knows until the manifesto is done.

That whole statement has very much been a matter of fact without any further real clarification beyond it to avoid having to confront the issue though, so we’ll see some sort of confirmation soon as to what is actually the intention.

Well yes hence the idea of there being a fight, conference wants free movement but whether we'll get it depends on the people making the manifesto, and that's certainly contrary to what the front bench has previously said on the topic.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Other way round, isn't it? A customs union - not *the* Customs Union - can be done without free movement of people, the Single Market requires the Four Freedoms.

Also this, hence why I assumed customs union rather than single market because single market would explicitly mean free movement.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/MattSingh_/status/1194973499519049734?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Aphex- posted:

crossing my fingers that the manifesto is released with three beautiful words:

RAKE IN LAKE

MAKE THE LANDLORD FALL OVER

OwlFancier posted:

Well yes hence the idea of there being a fight, conference wants free movement but whether we'll get it depends on the people making the manifesto, and that's certainly contrary to what the front bench has previously said on the topic.

Also this, hence why I assumed customs union rather than single market because single market would explicitly mean free movement.

Yeah, since the policy was decided off the back of 2018 and the disparity against 2019 there might well be some big changes. I’m remaining hopeful and that Abbott tweet is a good sign.

E: ^ lmao