Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.

Bust Rodd posted:

I dunno the episode about him and Jimmy fighting is mega, super funny

- Whoever did this.. I'm gonna break his legs
- [Jimmy shows up]
- [PC principle, completely taken aback]
- So, PC principle.. you gonna go break his legs?

Ya, I enjoyed his interactions with Jimmy and then Jimmy not backing down and just flipping him off while delivering his "PC" headlined paper.

(whatever the actual quotes are, I don't remember)
- [Jimmy's School Paper Headline]: "PC stands for Pussy Crusher"
- Dude-bro: Ya we gotta do something bro [...] and then go home and Crush some Pussy!
- PC Principle "[exasperated] Nooo! You guys.."

Of course, I just love Jimmy, awesome addition to the show, he's had some great episodes. "CRIPPLE FIGHT!" and it's the entire fight from "They Live" (fun movie)

And then the latest Halloween episode when PCP is dropping F-bombs constantly in front of all the students about what costumes aren't allowed/not PC.

He's fun in small doses, I think his introduction was funny, pointing out the "flaws" in South Park. His auditorium announcements are usually good. "Hey Leslie! Shut your loving mouth!"

I can't think of anything I lol'd at about Strong Woman though... but I think I might just be the rear end in a top hat cause all women are super funny, get over it.

Need more adventures of Jimmy and Timmy. "My gang is the most important thing to me now and if you two don't like it you can just pass the blunt to the nigga on your left."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They really haven't done anything with Strong Womans character yet so it might be just fine if they put an episode arc with her around...

AlthoughI feel like they would be more likely to make this series of episodes more based on the girl kids.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

I like the map of Waterdeep.

Also clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnCZtaNb75s

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Nov 13, 2019

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.
I guess wizards of the coast bought another episode. cock magic was hilarious though so this could be on point.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

oh great, they're going to get pilloried for getting involved in the whole trans athletics debate but at least it's giving us a Macho Man Randy Savage parody

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I know I posted with dread about a Strong Woman Arc, but I can't wait to see where they go with Not Randy Savage Who Identifies as Female.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Troy Queef posted:

oh great, they're going to get pilloried

pfft they give a gently caress

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Eh, that was a little underwhelming. I wasn't outraged or anything; I just found it kind of light on laughs, which shouldn't be the case when there's a Macho Man Randy Savage character.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Shoulda just kept this thing about the kids at school and made some plot arc where PC Principal makes an rear end out of himself in front of the Nichole and all them where he tries to talk over them or whatever or gets suckered in by Cartman using Scott Malkinson for his own agenda, because that's an idea a lot of people can get behind. Hypocritical allies and people in it for the glitz and glamour are a thing, and this rear end in a top hat has had it coming for a long time. If anything I was kind of hoping for more screentime with the girl characters because it was awesome watching Cartman be humiliated and seeing Stan join on the bandwagon.

The whole PC Babies thing could actually work since there are a hell of a lot of privileged rear end kids who piss and moan about the most insignificant things while doing fuckall to actually solve the inherent problems of what they're complaining about in the first place or even contributing to it, but maybe you could go about it in some other way that doesn't lend fuel to the fire for alt-right MAGA goobers' talking points, especially when trans people in athletics is an ongoing issue. They lampooned these types no problem once before with the hippies episode and that was both funny and on point. Doesn't help that Matt and Trey are rich rear end libertarians who once did that dumb Manbearpig bullshit awhile back and only took that back just recently.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Great episode, but transgender men entering female sports events has been something Joe Rogan has been repeating for like an entire year. So maybe it is the time that someone makes a tv episode about it.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Episode had some A+ songs in it. Pretty funny episode and fine on it's own. But considering their past episodes on trans issues, this poo poo is gonna hit the fan.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Well, I liked it a lot. It doesn't seem like it will cause too much of an uproar or anything but you never know.

Is this the first time PC Principal's real name has been revealed? (Peter Charles)

Also I was confused by the "Tegridy Farms" outro music still being used. Maybe the next episode will be the "season 2 premiere"?

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Where were the jokes this episode? Give me back Randy garroting Winne the Pooh.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
PC Principal feels like a manifestation of Trey & Matt's compulsive need to self-sabotage. They'll be on a run of solid episodes and then he pops up again so they can ramble confusedly about some social issue.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
They kinda almost get there since there's definitely a thing of privileged bullies who use progressive social issues as a bludgeon to exclusively target people weaker than they are while being utterly impotent in the face of anyone with actual power (see Garrison-Trump) but stumble at the finish line in actually picking their battles and falling into the same trap of not correctly determining who actually has the power in a situation, let alone the moral high ground.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
As a fan of professional wrestling and an avid board gamer, this episode was right up my alley. I was laughing all the way through, the numerous board game culture references and the idea of girls "intruding" on a guy's space is something I've seen a ton of through the years. I've been disconnected from the main BGG scene for a few years as I prefer card games but I still caught maybe 80% of the games referenced.

On the prowrestling side, constant cutting promos on the other women and her bump through the catering table was classic prowrestling stuff and I thought it was great.

The trans-athelete issue is a somewhat divisive issue I suppose, but as usual the problem is that South Park took it far into satire land but not far enough that stupid right wingers would miss the point or think they weren't actually parodying anything. The two weeks thing was probably the dumbest thing as a lot of trans people are required to take medications, such as testosterone inhibitors, and a two week turn around is dumb considering they could have easily kept the setup and gone with 2 years.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

As a big board gamer I REALLY liked this episode’s B Plot

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

They kinda almost get there since there's definitely a thing of privileged bullies who use progressive social issues as a bludgeon to exclusively target people weaker than they are while being utterly impotent in the face of anyone with actual power (see Garrison-Trump) but stumble at the finish line in actually picking their battles and falling into the same trap of not correctly determining who actually has the power in a situation, let alone the moral high ground.

Yeah, if you're going to do an episode on a fraught issue like this, and demand that society have a nuanced discussion, you should probably make a nuanced argument yourself. Trey and Matt didn't stick the landing here, so it just kind of comes off like it's saying, "Trans women are just men in wigs and cis women should be afraid of them." I don't think that's what they were going for, but a lot of their audience will unfortunately absorb that message.

CuddlyZombie posted:

As a big board gamer I REALLY liked this episode’s B Plot

Yeah, that deserved its own episode imo. I like board games, but my wife's REALLY into them and just fuckin' bulldozes me pretty much no matter what we play. Thankfully she can't play Smash Bros to save her life, so my ego has an out.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Holy poo poo this has to be one of the best South Park episodes ever. Not only they slammed that lovely attitude on some board gamers but they also transitioned it into the board girls destroying Macho Man because she was being a huge dick to Strong Woman.

Bonus points for Cartman wanting to start his own grognard group hahahaa, they just needed to add them playing advanced dnd.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

PaybackJack posted:

The trans-athelete issue is a somewhat divisive issue I suppose, but as usual the problem is that South Park took it far into satire land but not far enough that stupid right wingers would miss the point or think they weren't actually parodying anything. The two weeks thing was probably the dumbest thing as a lot of trans people are required to take medications, such as testosterone inhibitors, and a two week turn around is dumb considering they could have easily kept the setup and gone with 2 years.

Well... the joke was certainly that she hadn't done anything other than decide to identify as being a female to compete in female sports to destroy Strong Woman.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Well... the joke was certainly that she hadn't done anything other than decide to identify as being a female to compete in female sports to destroy Strong Woman.

Problem is, a lot of folks (many of them are in South Park's audience) already believe this is the case with many or most trans women.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Majorian posted:

Problem is, a lot of folks (many of them are in South Park's audience) already believe this is the case with many or most trans women.

This pretty much true as you can see

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."
It's not even a nuanced issue, it was settled. But conservatives need something to scaremonger over, so here we are.

A couple years ago, the Olympics and other competitons established fair guidelines for trans athletes using scientific data, with most generally requiring over two years of hormone therapy before being allowed to compete. Said research also debunking "bone structure" as bullshit, along with pretty much every other talking point.

Just, gently caress this whole episode.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tragedienne posted:

It's not even a nuanced issue, it was settled. But conservatives need something to scaremonger over, so here we are.

A couple years ago, the Olympics and other competitons established fair guidelines for trans athletes using scientific data, with most generally requiring over two years of hormone therapy before being allowed to compete. Said research also debunking "bone structure" as bullshit, along with pretty much every other talking point.

Wait, what? Isn't bone structure the whole thing about how they can identify the gender of bones from 100s of years ago?

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

vincentpricesboner posted:

Wait, what? Isn't bone structure the whole thing about how they can identify the gender of bones from 100s of years ago?

In terms of trans athletes, bone structure (in this case referring to longer reach/narrower pelvis) was deemed irrelevant, as cisgender women can have similar or the same without it being an unfair advantage.

One of the other go-to talking points is "bone density", which, like muscle tissue, is affected by hormone replacement therapy. After the requisite two years it's roughly the same as a cis woman's.

This research has been publicly available for YEARS.

But they just jumped on board with every other CHUD harassing trans women.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Tragedienne posted:

The fact that you can't tell the difference between something you read on the internet and a carton tv episode is kind of your problem, not theirs.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ChesterJT posted:

The fact that you can't tell the difference between something you read on the internet and a carton tv episode is kind of your problem, not theirs.

'the joke is bad because the worst kind of people think the joke is agreeing with them, when you're in that position you've failed at making a good joke'

'lol idiot thinks the internet is real'

Like, for gently caress's sake Archie loving Bunker had this figured out and people act like it's some new idea. If actual bigots are going 'yea, this joke supports me, clearly it's not a joke about me or anything' then maybe you're not doing it right.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
But anyone who thinks South Park is agreeing with them is a moron though

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

But anyone who thinks South Park is agreeing with them is a moron though

That's pretty cold comfort for people who face real discrimination and danger from those same morons.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
What about the fact that Mulan doesn't identify as a male?

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"We just want to have a discussion about this nuanced issue"

*Provides no nuance whatsoever, and just straight up portrays what transphobes think is really happening.*

It's not even satire.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Yeah that plotline would have looked rough awhile back doing it now is just Matt and Trey are too old and lazy to bother keeping up poo poo. I'm mean they've always been bad with trans episodes and they can't stop doing them.

The board game stuff was fun.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Nov 14, 2019

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

This pretty much true as you can see

Videos are kinda old now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIlq85dL0C4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zI6pjKFF6o

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
who gives a gently caress what jordan peterson is saying

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

sexpig by night posted:

People who agree with him

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

sexpig by night posted:

south park's core audience

Milo and POTUS posted:

People who agree with him

e;fb

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
oh right I genuinely forgot he's still relevant with his fans, honestly.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Honest question, whats the supposed SP hate on trans people? Are we counting really old school episodes or just the new ones?

As for the new ones, I saw them hating on Caitlyn Jenner and on this episode they were against someone who transitioned 2 weeks before a big competition. Is this CHUD hating? Am I a CHUD for thinking this was a top tier episode?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
It confirmed sports are last age bullshit and we should focus on the more important things in life, like board games!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Pretty good episode. It's not really any of my business but I do feel bad for the female athletes that are getting beaten in competitions by these trans weirdos. I thought it was going to end with PC Principal deciding to identify as female briefly so he could beat the hell out of not Randy Savage.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)