Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Cerebral Bore posted:

What would Jo Swinson's Stand name be?

Nothing because she doesn't stand for anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Tesseraction posted:

I'll have you know that Jo Swinson has very strong and consistent beliefs, e.g. that the paups should be flogged only twice a week whereas the Tories wanted it to be three times.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Tesseraction posted:

So "Oasis"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Nice

Anyhoo, Tories not doing too well in the Clwyd

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1194994741148028928

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1194998774499860487

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Hell of a doorstep game there - if you can't get them to vote tory, dissillusion them away from politics entirely.

Braggart posted:

I like it in general, but how does it stack up against other 2D noob-friendly options? It's literally the first thing I found that fit my criteria, so I have no idea if it's particularly good.

Thanks in advance :)
Stencyl looks interesting, might have to have a play around with it.

As for using Unity / Unreal for 2d, I have heard that Unity tends to be better at 2D and mobile games, whereas using Unreal for 2d has been likened to hiring a Bagger 288 to dig a hole in your garden for some new plants.

Conversely, Unity really suffers with optimised 3D projects unless you really know your way round memory management, whereas Unreal handles most of that stuff for you, and handles it very well, as seen with the system shock fan remake

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Nov 14, 2019

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

People v parliament election when youve been in power for 10 years

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/13/boris-johnson-onanism-gag-speech-flooding-yorkshire

quote:

“Where have you been all this time” asked most of Yorkshire.

“Haven’t you heard?” Boris Johnson replied. “There’ve been terrible floods. Why on earth would anyone want to come here now?”

“But you’re the prime minister.”

“I know. And I’ve just come up with this absolutely cracking wanking gag.”

“We need help. Hundreds of us have lost our homes. A woman has died.”

“Seriously, you really do need to hear this wanking gag.”

On the way down to the London Electric Vehicle Company, in Coventry, Johnson’s advisers had second thoughts. The Yorkshire visit had been a PR disaster and joking about onanism probably wasn’t such a great look after all. Apart from drawing unwanted attention to the fact he couldn’t be entirely certain of just how many children he did have, it would also highlight the fact that Johnson’s entire political career had been based on pleasuring himself.

quote:

There’s been a very good reason why Johnson has kept a low profile so far in this election campaign. He is not the great communicator and leader he has built himself up to be. Having been deprived of his masturbation punchline Boris appeared to sulk through most of his speech to a largely indifferent audience of factory workers. Most of his other jokes failed to land and his ad libs became ever more staccato and random as he desperately tried to jolly everyone along.

He really only knows he’s alive if he gets a few laughs and when none come, he becomes a shrivelled, needy homunculus. Not that this could really be classified as a speech. Rather a collection of assorted thoughts and lies that had been strung together at the last moment. He began by bizarrely comparing the UK economy over the past nine years to a racehorse with three legs. Boris didn’t appear to know that horses in this condition can get shot on the spot.

quote:

The metaphors came and went, each one dying harder than the last. He had an oven-ready deal. One that Theresa May had rejected and which he himself had said no UK prime minister could endorse. It was the Pot Noodle deal. Just add water. So it should go down well in Yorkshire then. They’ve got plenty of water there right now. It’s hard to imagine a less sensitive prime minister. A straw man with a tin ear.

quote:

“Er … that’s about it,” he said. Though he could just have easily have wound things up 20 minutes previously, as he had clearly come with nothing to say other than the wanking gag, which the girly swots around him had insisted wasn’t statesmanlike. Hell, he’d never pretended to be that. He was just a chancer who had got lucky and, when asked, couldn’t even remember where the floods had taken place. “Stainforth,” he blurted eventually. “And … elsewhere.” The people of Yorkshire must feel so cared for.

johnson is such a fuckup lmao

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

MORON KOMBAT

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Communist Thoughts posted:

People v parliament election when youve been in power for 10 years

I would not exactly call the last two years 'power' as such. Especially with that Johnson voting record :getin:

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
IM HELPING. YOU CAN TELL BECAUSE I'VE GOT MY SERIOUS FACE ON

https://twitter.com/DavidDavisMP/status/1195005397746245632

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Tesseraction posted:

quote:

shrivelled, needy homunculus
too many letters. mods, please increase the character limit on usernames

Tesseraction posted:

quote:

It was the Pot Noodle deal. Just add water. So it should go down well in Yorkshire then. They’ve got plenty of water there right now. It’s hard to imagine a less sensitive prime minister.
no. i cannot believe he said this

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum

OwlFancier posted:

MORON KOMBAT

New costume unlocked. (Why is he always in boxing gloves?)

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Failsons gonna failson.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Davis is SAS, surely he can garrote the flood before it goes anywhere?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lmfao

https://twitter.com/BBCNormanS/status/1195003765595750400

https://twitter.com/BBCNormanS/status/1195004084539052032

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Surprise T Rex posted:

New costume unlocked. (Why is he always in boxing gloves?)

Because he wants to pretend he's a tough guy rather than a chinless poshboy who went from being a public school Nazi to a hedge fund nazi to a political nazi

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

CGI Stardust posted:

no. i cannot believe he said this

https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1194659304424583168

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh hi there, chaps! Joris... Boris Johnson here! Very excited for this Brexit deal I've got for you. Smashing, yes! You just... well, you just put the salt in, you put your hand over the bag - kind of like this I imagine - and then you shake. You shake, shake, shake. Just like this. Oh it looks like I'm, er, I'm whacking the old one-eyed snake. Oh ho ho! Yes, salt and snake, um shake Brexit coming right up.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The debates are going to be amazing.

Boris johnson is going to be mumbling in the corner about food he's heard of while corbyn just stares at him.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Time has really flown thanks to the Tories and the Libdums loving up so badly. Just looked and it's only 5 days until debate 1 (Tuesday)!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

This is a weird question but does anyone know if there's a place in the UK that would be interested in a box full of old PC games? I'm clearing out my old crap and I've got a pile of old PC games that I don't think are worth anything but it seems a shame to throw out, I know there's computing museums out there but I'd also be happy for some collector to have them.

mediadave
Sep 8, 2011
When do the manifestos come out? Was it so late last time? ( I know the leak sort pf pre-empted the Labour launch)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Labour's is due out on Saturday I think?

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Thread moves fast when It's Happening!

The references to Joris are funny to me, because St Joris seems to be a major dude in my Dutch city. It took me far too long to figure out why the city flag was so similar to the English one...

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Labour's is due out on Saturday I think?

Decided then. Released either Sunday or Monday for greater coverage.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

OwlFancier posted:

This is a weird question but does anyone know if there's a place in the UK that would be interested in a box full of old PC games? I'm clearing out my old crap and I've got a pile of old PC games that I don't think are worth anything but it seems a shame to throw out, I know there's computing museums out there but I'd also be happy for some collector to have them.

I mean, I would be really happy to take them off your hands...

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Bobstar posted:

Thread moves fast when It's Happening!

The references to Joris are funny to me, because St Joris seems to be a major dude in my Dutch city. It took me far too long to figure out why the city flag was so similar to the English one...

Joris Bunsen, the Burner.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

OwlFancier posted:

Me i want them

(OK it depends on the game, can you list them?)

HorseLord
Aug 26, 2014
I just got a polling card even though I'm a postal voter living abroad. Is that normal?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

OwlFancier posted:

Boris johnson is going to be mumbling in the corner about food he's heard of while corbyn just stares at him.

*corbyn glaring over glasses gif*

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Haha christ I will write up a list. I can't guarantee I have cd keys for all of them because some of the manuals have gone missing and I don't even know what DRM a lot of them used but obviously CD keys are defunct nowadays anyway cos every one's been cracked.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

is this not a parody article

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

OwlFancier posted:

Haha christ I will write up a list. I can't guarantee I have cd keys for all of them because some of the manuals have gone missing and I don't even know what DRM a lot of them used but obviously CD keys are defunct nowadays anyway cos every one's been cracked.

Chuck a post in SA Mart and link to it in here

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

OwlFancier posted:

MORON KOMBAT

CGI Stardust fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Nov 14, 2019

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't want to sell them because I have no idea if they even work after all this time, CDs have a shelf life and some of them use like GFWL and poo poo, defunct always-on DRM, so I don't want to take money off folk who don't know what they're getting.

It might take me a couple of days to write everything up too TBH, I have a lot of old games.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Kassad posted:

is this not a parody article

It is a satirical take on the day's news but apart from the pisstake summary in the first quote (which was still pretty much how it went down) it's an otherwise accurate tale of what happened yesterday. Crace is good at sending up Boris and May, less so Swinson and Corbyn.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

love a bit of oval office on oval office action https://twitter.com/Nigel_Farage/status/1195010065947869186

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Basically I'll happily take any games from
- city builder series
- command and conquer series
- simcity series

Wish I'd kept my old boxes really

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

https://twitter.com/HopeBrexit/status/1195012926488432641?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

boris-johnson-onanism-flooding-yorkshire