Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vayra
Aug 3, 2007
I wanted a big red title but I'm getting a small white one instead.

Yooper posted:

Pick TWO!

Pick TWO!

In regards to missions, opportunities, planes, botes : We'll do what's fun. I'll just ease us into the storyline after this one. It'll have botes. Planes. Evil cultists. You'll like it.

Robin Hood and Gunships for Good for me as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Gunships for Good and Robin Hood but I'm going to reverse the order to be different.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
Gunships for Good and Robin Hood, because I don't fancy killing a civilian transport.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

While Dirty Work strokes my ego, I’d rather not shoot civilians.

Robin Hood and Gunships for Good, please!

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Dirty Work and Robin Hood

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Dirty Work and Robin Hood.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

Zeond
Oct 16, 2008

Please give generously to The League for Fighting Chartered Accountancy, 55 Lincoln House, Basil Street, London, SW3.
Gunships for good and Robin Hood.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Gunships for Good is pretty much what I would do. Robin Hood is also good. Also Negative on the CIA mission.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Davin Valkri posted:

Gunships for Good is pretty much what I would do. Robin Hood is also good. Also Negative on the CIA mission.

I'm with this option.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Gunships for Good and Robin Hood

Also sell the Chinese the intel that the CIA put out a hit on that civilian flight.

Dimitris
Apr 11, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

power crystals posted:

Hey I spent most of the day in meetings what hap- :chloe:

I want to repost this so it didn't get missed in ChinaChat (tm) but also will this version have a single combined DB or will e.g. modern/cold war still be separate? Forgive me if I missed that but I looked around and didn't see anything that seemed to state it definitively.

They'll be separate for a while yet.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

power crystals posted:

Gunships for Good and Robin Hood but I'm going to reverse the order to be different.

+1

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009

power crystals posted:

Agree, in that order. Also, gently caress the CIA (don't attack the civilian transport).

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Bacarruda posted:

Going with this and yes for the CIA if we pick robin hood.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Dirty Work, Gunships for Good, Yes CIA.

Mr Crustacean
May 13, 2009

one (1) robosexual

Gunships for good
Robin hood

Don't shoot down the civilian plane for the CIA

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
good, hood, no cia

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Dirty Work, Gunships for Good

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Gunships, Robin Hood, gently caress the CIA

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Gunships for Good and Robin Hood

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

HG Intel & S2 was "searching for intel" (browsing the internet) when they came upon this little bit on RedditTikTok. Seems our ivory shipments are destined for the Hobey-Kobli Crystal Liberation Sect. Not entirely sure the end use, the cult has been shrouded in meme's, clever TikTok videos, and a smattering of Twitter posts that have managed to catch the zeitgeist of a good many people.

They are on our potential target list for future ops. (Sarawaki Jaberwocky) What makes this interesting is these folks are willing to pay enough to bypass the Chinese market completely.

I'll tally the votes this evening, and we'll see what's up next!

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Gunships for Good is a go!

22 Goons voting, 12 for Gunships, 7 for Dirty Work and 3 for Robin Hood.

Warmachine posted:

SPECIAL CONDITION 1 - CIA INTERFERENCE:

If CIA OBJECTIVE appears, it is to be marked as neutral and tracked by ELINT aircraft. Any aircraft on intercept course for CIA OBJECTVE should also be tracked as neutral, and Ready 5 aircraft at Ghanzi launched to set up BARCAP along Northwest boarder. At this point, any military aircraft threatening to violate the BARCAP are to be warned away, and if they continue to violate the airspace, marked as hostile and remaining Ready 5 aircraft scrambled.

I don't trust the CIA, and in a perfect world where I didn't have to worry about the consequences, I'd go piss in their Cheerios to satisfy my own pride. Since that would be classified as "irresponsible" by the powers that be, any signatures and information gathered by ELINT and Ready 5 aircraft should be recorded and anaylized to figure out what the spooks are up to.

Per the mission directive we will NOT be shooting down the civilian aircraft.

wisemanofhyrule
Oct 19, 2012
Throw me into the pilot queue again (Callsign Bookend) please.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

CMO is out and I'll be making the mission. Hopefully over the weekend. Tacview is also good to go so we'll get to see this poo poo occur in 3D.

In case you already picked up CMANO you get a 50% discount on CMO until the 1st of the year or some date around there.

The normal mission testing cycle will take me a bit longer as a few things are different (in a cool way).

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
The discount is good until January 31.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"
So the Japanese are retiring their last Phantoms in 2021...

...and I think we should buy some.

They have the :getin:Phantom Kai fighters with AAMs, AShMs, and IR-guided land-craft busters.

The recce Phantoms which still have their Vulcans

The sexy blue recce Phantoms

What's not to love?

Bacarruda fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Dec 14, 2019

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year Hired Goons!

Sipping on this delicious beer that Yooper kindly sent me many moons ago. Pictured on a wonderful slate coaster I was sent as part of AI:SS last year.

Bottled date is 09/07/017 (backwards USA dates I guess :v:) It probably had a few more years in it but the heat in our garage is getting up there at the moment so I wanted to drink it before climate change wrecked it!

Stay safe, have fun and I look forward to the resumption of this epic story

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

West Michigan has some excellent breweries. I credit our beer industry for keeping us afloat during the recession.

Realistically it was our medical industry, but American healthcare is parasitic, so beer! What do you usually drink slothrop?

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Time to get this poo poo show back in the air. I figure we all are going to need some entertainment here soon.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

[itshappening.gif]

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

It's taking some time to get used to our new birds. The HIND's are at especially awkward but our crews are taking some time to ease them about Muan Airport. Our SU-17's though are presenting a problem.

Dreamsicle was mid way through a training run to get his minimum mandated 6 hours of flight training when he realized he couldn't see poo poo. I believe the transcript says, "It's like looking through loving coke bottles." So to prove it we set up a make-shift target range and discovered no one could find the old Chevy Luv truck we bought as a target vehicle.

Corporate has authorized a purchase of a recon asset. Luckily the accounting crew still has a few bucks saved.

Choice #1 - PURCHASE a Swedish Sperwer. This asset will remain unless shot down.

Choice #2 - RENT a MQ-9B with Gorgon Stare. This asset will be returned to the Illinois National Guard when we are finished with it.

Choice #3 - HIRE a fleet of un-employed tour bus operators to cruise the savannah and report anything unusual.

OOC - CMO has a new terrain model that makes detecting targets that are in cover much more difficult. So much so that our aircraft couldn't find poo poo. Our Fitters would be awesome as CAS, but for a strike wagon they are lacking. This really ups the realism and as such we'll need a proper recon element to find something to shoot.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
C

While they're probably going to be fairly mediocre as actual FAC and observers, they can be a valuable source of humint that we will struggle mightily to get otherwise

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

As much as I want more Gorgon Stares, I hate renting and don't trust the tour operators to do meaningfully better than we are.

A

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
A

It's good to have some recon capability, and not just for the one mission.

It'll get shot down first trip now

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

The tour bus would be hilariously on brand, and I much prefer toys I get to keep, buuuuut...

The Rent-a-Reaper has over three times the coverage with that Gorgon Stare, and there's a lot of savannah to cover.

B

Also, WOOO! AIRPLANE D&D IS BACK!

Zeond
Oct 16, 2008

Please give generously to The League for Fighting Chartered Accountancy, 55 Lincoln House, Basil Street, London, SW3.
C

Can get shot but not shot down and there good chances for hilarious results.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

I can't pick anything but the Comedy Option

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

C

If we can teach them to triangulate with their GPS phones it might actually work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
That and, you know, they're gonna have local knowledge that we would lack