Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Hellblazer187 posted:

Does Orlando mean NXT/Performance Center? I can't keep track of where everything is these days. My 2009 brain almost kicked in and thought Lawler to TNA?!

Its not 100% hes said he was down there to meet old college friends then this week he mentiomed training at an mma gym while down there including with jack gallagher might all be a giant coincidence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

ahahahahahaha I can’t believe wwe snapped him up

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

Raskolnikov38 posted:

ahahahahahaha I can’t believe wwe snapped him up

Man someone in WWE must REALLY hate F4D.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Vince is Nic Cage from this scene except he asks "IS HE A SHOOTER?" about every potential hire pitched to him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzrDpj6M1ig

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

First Lance now Tom. Taking all Dave's friends until he promises to stop with the scoops

Delete the Sky
Apr 21, 2014

The Tom thing is weird because there's obviously the whole Orlando thing but a couple of shows ago Bryan kept trying to get something out of him about what he's going to do after MLW but kept saying AEW instead to the point where it seemed like a bit that Bryan was saying what was next without actually saying it.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

less talk about which wrestlers have lost all integrity and more talk about wrestlers and cool dogs

https://twitter.com/MayuIwatani/status/1194977253911744512?s=19

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

Man, I hope they find their way to AEW when their contracts are up. I've loved these two since the first time I saw them on NXT as little more than jobbers. Their matching satin jackets gave me Brain Busters vibes and there was no looking back.

That NXT Tag Title run was incredible and it'd be awesome to see them work a lighter schedule pumping out great matches/feuds like that again.

Pairing them up with Arn against Tully and a team seems like a no-brainer.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

davidbix posted:

If he did, it wasn't during THE podcast, because it's not in the transcript. Maybe in the follow-up a week later?

That said: He paid $2.15 million cash for his home/huge loft in February 2010, almost a year and a half before his peak earning years. He was a championship-level main eventer for most of his last run, and a babyface with super-hot merch for much of that. As a guy living frugally, I would think he had a good $9 million or more in the bank when he quit.

How everything's been since then, who knows? The UFC went to him, after all, and probably made him a great offer. But it's far from clear who was paying Roufusport for his training and how much, as someone taking a ton of private lessons for so long without having a fight purse to pay a percentage of would have been spending. I doubt he lost money, but it was such an overall weird situation and he was so ill-prepared that it's hard to get a good handle on.

Doesn't Punk also rent out units in his building to other tenants? I remember that at the very least there was a tattoo shop under his apartment

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

We Got Us A Bread posted:

Pairing them up with Arn against Tully and a team seems like a no-brainer.

Yeah, give Tully someone to align with Spears and then feud with The Revival. I don't think you make The Revival heels if they make the jump, at least not out of the gate. I think people would be too excited to see them returning to their old form to boo them.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Ganso Bomb posted:

Yeah, give Tully someone to align with Spears and then feud with The Revival. I don't think you make The Revival heels if they make the jump, at least not out of the gate. I think people would be too excited to see them returning to their old form to boo them.

I don’t have a strong feeling either way regarding how to align a debuting Revival, but the AEW arena crowd seem very willing to provide the intended reaction to heels in return for good heeling.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cutler should break from the Bucks and join Spears. Then you've got your Arn vs Tully Pokemon battle.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I don’t have a strong feeling either way regarding how to align a debuting Revival, but the AEW arena crowd seem very willing to provide the intended reaction to heels in return for good heeling.

True, to a degree. They still cheer for Jericho some of the time, but they do play along when he's face to face with someone like Cody. It's nice to have an audience who wants to just be a part of the show and support the narrative being told in the stories instead of trying to get themselves over or being so bored that they're just rebelling against everything.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

HidaO-Win posted:

Man someone in WWE must REALLY hate F4D.

Every time when Bryan has asked if a WWE thing was a rib against him, it was just a distraction while they stole his friends :tinfoil:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/shirai_io/status/1195021201875312641

Io taking an unfortunate accident from last night's NXT and working it into heat. For those out of the loop, that ladder spot went wrong. It wasn't anyone's fault in particular as the spot was executed perfectly, its just that Mia's face just busted open.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I had it in my head that The Revival were not well-liked any more, at least on this forum?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I had it in my head that The Revival were not well-liked any more, at least on this forum?

WWE has been working the marks into shoot not-liking them, brother.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

DarkstarIV posted:

the spot was executed perfectly, its just that Mia's face just busted open.

uh huh

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I have no real reference point for the Revival other than an NXT match or something from years ago. What I do know is wrestling is always better when WWE isn't involved.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Dave and Bryan on WOR mentioned the spot was executed like it was supposed to, just that WWE didn't expect Mia's face to bust open or something.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

The Revival are great, unless they re-sign with wwe in which case they're garbage idiot frauds

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

The Revival are great, unless they re-sign with wwe in which case they're garbage idiot frauds

they did and then they were on tv shaving each other

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

if he moves to WWE he won’t be able to use “kiss from a rose” as his entrance music again and the wresting community will have suffered an incredible loss

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
Owen's spot went as planned, he just didn't stick the landing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Everything except the wrestling is awesome about Lawlor. Those matches are loving dire.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Hopkins FBI posted:

Owen's spot went as planned, he just didn't stick the landing.

santa maria

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Can you imagine the posts we'd be getting if the positions had been reversed?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Did ACH's twitter get deleted?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

OctoberCountry posted:

Can you imagine the posts we'd be getting if the positions had been reversed?

Baying for Mia Yim's blood, frantically posting about how she ought to be arrested for harming dear sweet Io Shirai

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Hedgehog Pie posted:

thats just doctor gonzo

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Don't know whose social media it's from but Brock out in public is really funny to see:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Incessant Excess posted:

Don't know whose social media it's from but Brock out in public is really funny to see:

drat he got canadian af real quick

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

Incessant Excess posted:

Lookit this fuckin' nerd.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Incessant Excess posted:

He looks like an alien trying to blend in.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Incessant Excess posted:

what the hell is he wearing he looks like he plays clarinet in the local brunch jazz band

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Incessant Excess posted:

Hahhhahahahahhahhahahahahahahahahhahahaha

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Incessant Excess posted:

like gord downie and a gorilla did the fusion dance

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Incessant Excess posted:

Like a grandpa in a store that's pleasant but will go on a rant if you say the wrong thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

m'lesnar