Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Funky Valentine posted:

"Mr. Aizawa, what makes you think you'd be a good parent to Young Eri?"

"I haven't slept in fourteen years and I'm raising twenty other children and somehow all of them are still alive and with most of their limbs. Weird reverse reality powers is loving easy mode for me."

Considering the quirks in class A I think the number of limbs per student is actually a little above average.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
One of his students lost a hand! I mean, he just grew another, but still!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
They never mention what happens to Eri's Grandpa so I'm guessing he might get fixed somehow and end up getting Eri, which will make no sense because even if he wasn't a sociopath like Overhaul he still ran a loving Yakuza family and was the guy who initially handed her to Overhaul- even if it was to help her in his mind.

Let Aizawa officially adopt her damnit; it'd be a great end to his open character arc

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Aizawa's the one person who can turn her power off right now, so from a practical perspective he really is the best guardian for her, as well.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fabricated posted:

They never mention what happens to Eri's Grandpa so I'm guessing he might get fixed somehow and end up getting Eri, which will make no sense because even if he wasn't a sociopath like Overhaul he still ran a loving Yakuza family and was the guy who initially handed her to Overhaul- even if it was to help her in his mind.

Let Aizawa officially adopt her damnit; it'd be a great end to his open character arc

Hassai while he ran a Yakuza family, has no crimes under his belt. (That can be proven) He also can't be held responsible for what happened to Eri. (On the grounds he was in a coma for most of it and tried to stop it once he found out about Chisaki torturing his granddaughter. )

If Eri can get her quirk under control and her grandpa can be healed, then it's likely he would end up with her.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

My Hero Custody Fight.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I doubt the old dude is gonna recover; the dude who put him in that condition is no longer able to use his quirk and it's probably not something you can easily heal.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
That's why I'm getting the feeling Eri will fix him at some point herself.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
...Eri has no confirmed surname, right? I mean, Overhaul probably used his surname (Chisaki) if he ever had to bring it up, but I don't think it's mentioned.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Her full name is Eri Eraserhead, or, in Japanese, Eraserhead Eri.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Spoilers: A villain who seems pissed off at Endeavor snatches Natsuo as they're leaving the house. Kinda hope this isn't some lame way to make Natsuo turn 180.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Fanbase: After this awkward Todoroki family dinner, we'll finally get some Toya information!
Some mummy villain kidnapping Natsuo: Bitch, you thought!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/my-hero-academia/en/0/250/page/1

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Oh wow. Suicide by cape is not a topic that I thought Horikoshi was going to address any time soon.

Holy poo poo, I want to just sit down with Horikoshi and shoot the poo poo about comics SO BAD.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
making your villain name an expression of your desire to commit suicide by cop is powerful Brand Energy

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Oxxidation posted:

making your villain name an expression of your desire to commit suicide by cop is powerful Brand Energy
What's kinda funny is that thinking about it, this sort of thing probably would happen in a world that has been able to marinate in a hero-based culture for several generations.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Surprising lack of security around the #1's house considering his importance to the whole slowing crumbling social infrustructure thing.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Fabricated posted:

Spoilers: A villain who seems pissed off at Endeavor snatches Natsuo as they're leaving the house. Kinda hope this isn't some lame way to make Natsuo turn 180.

On the other hand, if Endeavor actually murders him, it might make him see his father even more like a murderer! :unsmigghh:

Realistically, though, the likelier outcome is that this will be the baddie that Midoriya and Co. take down before Endeavor.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/my-hero-academia/en/0/250/page/1

It's up

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
What if this dude's Quirk involves letting himself get hurt?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Interesting little detail at the beginning. During the beginning narration, they guy talks about how he first saw Endeavor when he captured a thief named "Takami". Hawks' real name is Keigo Takami.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Maybe that's why Endeavor hates hanging around him.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
But hawks was groomed for hero work since he was a child. He save a burning bus of people when he was like 10

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Kingtheninja posted:

But hawks was groomed for hero work since he was a child. He save a burning bus of people when he was like 10

Could be Hawks' dad or something.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, it could be just some relative of Hawks, and maybe even the reason why Hawks went all in on being a hero from such a young age. Could also explain why he likes Endeavor.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lt. Lizard posted:

Yeah, it could be just some relative of Hawks, and maybe even the reason why Hawks went all in on being a hero from such a young age. Could also explain why he likes Endeavor.

I thought we already knew that. Hawks recognized that Endeavor was the only hero who tried to compete with All Might and admired the tenacity required to keep on fighting against such an overwhelming opponent.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm reminded of that villain mentioned in Watchmen who was just really kinky and into BDSM, leading Rorschach to throw him down an elevator shaft.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Funky Valentine posted:

I'm reminded of that villain mentioned in Watchmen who was just really kinky and into BDSM, leading Rorschach to throw him down an elevator shaft.

I don't think he was into BDSM but I did think of that story whilst reading this chapter.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
They keep reinforcing the fact that Endeavor has an insanely good memory, which only reinforces my reasons for believing Dabi isn't Toya. For that to be true we have to believe tthe #1 hero has never been shown a picture of known League of Villains member, Dabi and that, amazing as his memory is, he can't recognize his son's voice.

Edit: Also, in regards to the Overhaul alley situation:

Mirio fought Overhaul knowing what his abilities were and knowing Quirk canceling bullets were in play. They didn't have that luxury in the first encounter. If they were lucky and Chronostasis wasn't waiting in the wings, like he always is throughout the arc, maybe they can get her to safety. But Overhaul is nearly Shigaraki quick. At the very least, Deku gets pasted. Which means Eri might be as well.

Adder Moray fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Nov 15, 2019

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Adder Moray posted:

They keep reinforcing the fact that Endeavor has an insanely good memory, which only reinforces my reasons for believing Dabi isn't Toya. For that to be true we have to believe tthe #1 hero has never been shown a picture of known League of Villains member, Dabi and that, amazing as his memory is, he can't recognize his son's voice.

The picture of Toya at the shrine was of a kid and voices change. Endeavor having vision problems during the one time he was around Dabi, combined with Dabi's power set and his focus on both Shoto and Endeavor, all strongly suggest the connection is there.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Fabricated posted:

What's kinda funny is that thinking about it, this sort of thing probably would happen in a world that has been able to marinate in a hero-based culture for several generations.

Generations? Japan's got kind of a weird history with suicide, and when you introduce famous individuals with destructive, flashy powers, I don't think it'd take long at all for people to connect their desire to die with the people who can send them out with a bang.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Dr Subterfuge posted:

The picture of Toya at the shrine was of a kid and voices change. Endeavor having vision problems during the one time he was around Dabi, combined with Dabi's power set and his focus on both Shoto and Endeavor, all strongly suggest the connection is there.

So the #1 hero has never been given a picture of the League of Villains members?

And Toya is the oldest Todoroki child, making him at least 23 currently if he were Fuyumi's older twin. His voice would have already changed by the time he died, which was soon after Shoto got burned.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Adder Moray posted:

So the #1 hero has never been given a picture of the League of Villains members?

doubt it. dabi torches nearly everyone he meets and when he was first introduced giran said that he wasn't high-profile at the time

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dabi is just a spurned Endeavor fan like the villian from The Incredibles.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also, half of Dabi's face is melted flesh stitched on. Would make recognizing someone difficult, I think, if you were only familiar with them from both years ago and before the face-melting.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
dabi and snatch's little conversion sealed it for me

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Professorjuggalo posted:

dabi and snatch's little conversion sealed it for me

What then, the question is "why is Endeavour and everyone else convinced he's dead?" Like... the shrine is set up to clearly indicate the memory of a dead person, Endeavour wouldn't NOT bury his child even if he'd done it, Before even that there'd be hospital records, and it's clear in this chapter that this isn't a case of "Oh we're not allowed to talk about it." things haven't been covered up.

So, how did Toya not-die, Endeavour and family NOT know he didn't die, and he managed to grow up and live as a vagabond for so long?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Obviously Dabi is a zombie.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Obviously Dabi is a zombie.

I actually wouldn't be too shocked this is the answer, Dabi somehow being resurrected to explain his scars and hair after death (his scars are severe enough that he shouldn't be capable of safely moving around the way he does). Or he's connected to Toya and took his burnt flesh and had transplants.

I dunno, I'm curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Yeah, i'm kinda leaning towards him wearing some of Toya's skin.

I hope he's a zombie though.