Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

The Bee posted:

Got any examples? And are they mostly new Pokemon, or did ones from older games take hits to their movepools too?

Off the top of my head, Thievel, Corviknight, Toxtricity, Hetterne, Sinistea...They learn a couple of decent STAB moves, but often whatever coverage they have is very weak or from their weaker attacking stat.

Again, TMs and TRs might mitigate this, but it all depends on where they're found.

I'm only looking at new Galar 'mons. I'm pretty sure the old Pokemon have gotten nothing but moveset buffs.

Seriously, Nasty Plot Gengar and Power Whip Gyardos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Zore posted:

Also apparently Dreepy has a similar level curve to Hydreigon. Evolving for the first time at 50 is some :psyduck: poo poo

I was hoping they would leave that kind of poo poo back in B/W. Making legendaries purely postgame is something I get, but doing this to regular pokemon, even pseudo-legendaries is annoying. What's wrong with something like the Metagross line having its first evo at 20 and its second at 45, or Garchomp having its first evo at 24 and second at 48. Even Dragonite/Tyranitar/Salamence all have the first evos at 30. You can still actually play through the regular game with them at a normal pace.

w0o0o0o
Aug 26, 2007
bloop.

Oxyclean posted:

Probably not very. I don't think the last few pokemon games were particularly moddable, plus you'd almost certainly need to jailbreak/mod your Switch to start with, which generally comes with a high risk of the system being locked out of online functionality.

Ah yes of course. I'm not too versed in Nintendo hardware so I didn't think you'd have to go that far too make changes, ah well!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nanigans posted:

Man, some of the level-up learnsets are really, really anemic. Like...a couple of STAB moves, and maybe 1-2 coverage moves, and in some cases not even that.

I hope the TMs and TRs are well-placed. I've already had to exclude some Pokemon from my playthrough because I just can't see more than a decent move or two through level-up.

the raids at least seem to absolutely poo poo TRs at you so that will likely help. I am hoping as the game comes out more some of these get updated, Dreepy having no level up moves AND taking 50 levels to evolve would make me sad because I love that freak

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Inner Focus and Own Tempo preventing the intimidate drop is huge and should have a pretty big effect on VGC since a ton of mons have those as filler abilities. Looks like Gamefreak wants to tamp down on the intimidate spam.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Nanigans posted:

Man, some of the level-up learnsets are really, really anemic. Like...a couple of STAB moves, and maybe 1-2 coverage moves, and in some cases not even that.

I hope the TMs and TRs are well-placed. I've already had to exclude some Pokemon from my playthrough because I just can't see more than a decent move or two through level-up.

Yeah I was really disappointed by Flapple's movepool. Flying, Dragon, and Grass and that's it. Not that it needs a ton more, Hustle boosted Outrage from a Dynamax'd Flapple apparently crushes everything, even a max defense resist like Ferrothorn. But I was kinda hoping for a little more coverage.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Zore posted:

Huh so there are a ton of minor things changed that haven't really shown up in this thread yet.

Ralts, Bergmite, Trapinch and Hawlucha have new egg groups
A ton of Pokemon lost access to Knock Off (Leafeon, Bisharp etc)
A ton of flying types lost roost (Charizard, Butterfree etc)
Most stuff lost Defog
Own Tempo now prevents the attack loss from Intimidate

Also Rapid Spin might no longer remove entry hazards, just Leech Seed and the binding moves. Which would certainly explain why it got the massive speed increase buff

That is one weird change to Rapid Spin. So is Defog now the only hazard clearing move?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Official artwork of the starters and all of their evolutions is out now

Here's a link to the japanese scan

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Borsche69 posted:

Yeah I was really disappointed by Flapple's movepool. Flying, Dragon, and Grass and that's it. Not that it needs a ton more, Hustle boosted Outrage from a Dynamax'd Flapple apparently crushes everything, even a max defense resist like Ferrothorn. But I was kinda hoping for a little more coverage.

Yeah, I feel like similar situations to this has happened in the past where the new Pokemon get the short end of the stick for movepools which then get greatly expanded in future games.

So at this point, Pokemon like Gengar have movesets similar in length to Mew.

Flapple and especially Poltegeist will probably be okay because...Dragon Dance in Flapple's case and Weak Armor, Nasty Plot and loving Shell Smash in Polteigeist's case.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Zore posted:

Most stuff lost Defog

Also Rapid Spin might no longer remove entry hazards, just Leech Seed and the binding moves. Which would certainly explain why it got the massive speed increase buff

Are these confirmed? These seem like... poor choices to make unless they really nerfed entry hazards. A single hold hold item that negates hazards doesn't make up for these changes

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Official artwork of the starters and all of their evolutions is out now

Here's a link to the japanese scan

I like Grookey and Rillaboom, but boy does Thwackey look super weird. Gumby-rear end monkey.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Also if anyone is interested in seeing the encounter tables

https://pastebin.com/dghKRg8B
https://pastebin.com/g1WMYbSn

There are like 7 types of weather conditions that affect it too (Rain, Thunderstorm, Sun, Snow, Snowstorm, Heavy Fog, Sandstorm)

DemoneeHo posted:

Are these confirmed? These seem like... poor choices to make unless they really nerfed entry hazards. A single hold hold item that negates hazards doesn't make up for these changes

Defog is until we get Home because it isn't a TM or TR so only the things that learn it via level up are gonna have it for a few months.

People are testing Rapid Spin now.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Zore posted:

Huh so there are a ton of minor things changed that haven't really shown up in this thread yet.

Ralts, Bergmite, Trapinch and Hawlucha have new egg groups
A ton of Pokemon lost access to Knock Off (Leafeon, Bisharp etc)
A ton of flying types lost roost (Charizard, Butterfree etc)
Most stuff lost Defog
Own Tempo now prevents the attack loss from Intimidate

At least in the Ralts line case it went from Amorphous to Amorphous/Humanlike, and the other lines are also single egg group. I guess they all got second egg groups?
The Knock Off availability nerf is gonna hurt, and I am guessing more those that lost it while the ones that keep it are going to see more usage.
The Roost availability nerf makes no sense. Vespiqueen lost both it and Heal Order too.

And welp to those that thought Stealth Rock was getting an indirect nerf. What is left that can remove entry hazards, Defog... oh wait

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Zore posted:

Also if anyone is interested in seeing the encounter tables

https://pastebin.com/dghKRg8B
https://pastebin.com/g1WMYbSn

There are like 7 types of weather conditions that affect it too (Rain, Thunderstorm, Sun, Snow, Snowstorm, Heavy Fog, Sandstorm)

What I'm seeing is that it needs to be foggy if you want to stock up on Synchronizers. Ralts and Natu have higher encounter rates in that case.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I'm going to play a girl with a bunny. Now I just need to pick some names. How many characters do we get?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You’ve never played Resident Evil 4???

I have not! Maybe I should.

Paul.Power posted:

It really is a shame that Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective only came out for the DS and iOS systems.

Does the 3DS still play DS games? If not, I've still got a DS somewhere.

Are there any more perfect video games I've missed out on?!

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I wonder how the movepool removals will work. Will they make Pokemon entering from Home forget them, too? Or will Roost Vespiquen and most defoggers be able to come from Alola unimpeded?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
hey can we talk about how Falinks is 9'10"?

a cat youtube
Jun 25, 2013

me :

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

sexpig by night posted:

Piled high.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

sexpig by night posted:

Which one is that?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it's not ok that I can just enslave a line of giant soldiers to do my bidding, I thought they were meant to be a cute little Wriggler style caterpillar thing

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

wooless crookaburra elechidna and rainboa are good

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Spanish Manlove posted:

Which one is that?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Spanish Manlove posted:

Which one is that?

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Seems one of my favourite artists hadn't spoiled herself at all on the leaks so it's heartwamring to see how forever-Scorbunny is finally looking in her style.

https://twitter.com/masayo_00/status/1195001198216015872

Also Intelleon with Sobble eyes is adorbs.

https://twitter.com/masayo_00/status/1195001121128869888

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Yes!

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Pokemon Megathread: Discussing SnS Is A Stall Meta

loving lol

OH MY GOD they’re an army of little Kirbies :3:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Also is the sole difference between Low Key and Amped Toxtricity that Amped gets Shift Gears while Low Key gets Magnetic Flux :effort:

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Pokemon Megathread: Discussing SnS Is A Stall Meta

Lol that's good

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

:hmmyes:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

:hmmyes: :same: :hmmyes: :same: :hmmyes: :same:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

extra row of teeth posted:

loving lol

OH MY GOD they’re an army of little Kirbies :3:

No no, an army of NEARLY TEN FOOT TALL Kirbies

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

sexpig by night posted:

I think they measured its (or their) length rather then height.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
When does the NA eshop version unlock?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zuzie posted:

I mean, this is just a different form of terrifying.

Falinks is good as hell

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Spanish Manlove posted:

When does the NA eshop version unlock?

NA eShop usually unlocks around 12 am EST/9 pm PST

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I was going to be upset about getting spoiled but also I love them so hell

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Zuzie posted:

Much in the same way Furret is 5'11" and Scolipede is 8'2", while Charizard is only 5'7"

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Unlucky7 posted:

NA eShop usually unlocks around 12 am EST/9 pm PST

Neat, I'm gonna wake up early tomorrow and enjoy some pokemon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Zuzie posted:

Yeah it’s length. You see them in the overworld and they’re only a few feet tall.