Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Samuringa posted:

Incremancer increments: They added several QoL features for better idling, you have an AutoConstruction that goes through your cheaper buildings up to your most expensive ones, the Zombie Cages have an Auto Release toggle, the Runes now have an upgrade where _% of your income is added for free into each tier. The Graveyard has some basic trophies, where every 5 levels a random human will be a VIP and killing it gives you a permanent stats bonus. You can shift+click to mass buy an upgrade or raise all possible zombies with your current energy.

Other misc additions like Zombies having a ranged attack, getting a buff when on fire, among other stuff.

Speaking of updates, Incremental Adventures has ascensions now, with a bunch of gameplay upgrades that make the recovery after layers faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Has anything changed with Chrome recently that would cause an idle game to lose focus when it has its own window but is playing in the background? Not minimized, but with some other window on top of it. Incremancer doesn’t seem to progress at all unless it is visible on the screen.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

I wasn't aware of any changes, but I had the same issue today when I decided it was time for another playthrough of Universal Paperclips

Luffles
Jul 25, 2007

The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame

Klungar posted:

Has anything changed with Chrome recently that would cause an idle game to lose focus when it has its own window but is playing in the background? Not minimized, but with some other window on top of it. Incremancer doesn’t seem to progress at all unless it is visible on the screen.

I have this issue at work sometimes with JavaScript shenanigans. It might be the same, JavaScript deprioritization when you don't have the browser window visible.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Luffles posted:

I have this issue at work sometimes with JavaScript shenanigans. It might be the same, JavaScript deprioritization when you don't have the browser window visible.

The solution to tab deprioritization had always been to give a thing its own window and it would be fine, as long as you didn’t actually minimize the window. Now it seems I have to have the window focused to progress at all. Not sure what would have changed to make this happen, or if it is just inherent to Incremancer itself.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

People early in NGU, don't repeat my mistake: I nailed the "gain a shitload of AP" spin just as I was approaching my first 100k, so I skipped over the Improved Loot Filter in favor of a now-affordable My Yellow Heart.

It took me until I was idling Beardverse to actually buy the filter, and now I'm realizing I made a huge mistake because that thing is a game changer. Never again do I have to look at GRB's dumb drops or worry about the ITOPOD filling up my inventory with boost 10s because I forgot to change my settings. Yeah I got the Yellow Heart maxxed a couple weeks early, but my passive AP gain is still trash so it doesn't mean much. The loot filter would have been much more useful.

tl;dr: Buy Improved Loot Filter before My Yellow Heart.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Big Mad Drongo posted:

People early in NGU, don't repeat my mistake: I nailed the "gain a shitload of AP" spin just as I was approaching my first 100k, so I skipped over the Improved Loot Filter in favor of a now-affordable My Yellow Heart.

It took me until I was idling Beardverse to actually buy the filter, and now I'm realizing I made a huge mistake because that thing is a game changer. Never again do I have to look at GRB's dumb drops or worry about the ITOPOD filling up my inventory with boost 10s because I forgot to change my settings. Yeah I got the Yellow Heart maxxed a couple weeks early, but my passive AP gain is still trash so it doesn't mean much. The loot filter would have been much more useful.

tl;dr: Buy Improved Loot Filter before My Yellow Heart.

you should do a no equipment run to unlock auto boost

inventory management w/ auto boost, auto merge, and improved filter is A++

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I had to buy the "1/2 Auto Merge and Boost Timers" before I really felt like it made a difference.

But otherwise yeah, the improved loot filter is A++

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I feel like, even at 15 minute intervals, Auto-Boost is kinda useless for how long it can take to get and maximize the efficiency of. That it only uses as many boost tiers as there applicable items becomes a problem with it when you'e able to rapidly fill your inventory, so you've still got all of 'em there but now they're one tier weaker. Better wait another 15 minutes to repeat the process but now you have Even More filling your inventory too (presuming you had any space left to begin with). It's really kinda bad and I'm sure there's probably some reason for why it works that way, but I find that it's better to just manually boost things or filter them out wholesale.

Auto-Merge doesn't strike me as particularly great either, but I do appreciate that being useful for maxing levels of stuff in new areas while away for whatever reason. It doesn't have the same issues as Auto-Boosting at least.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Auto-Merge is more useful now with inventory merge slots.

I don't have the same issues with Auto-Boost anymore, but I currently filter out all but my top two boost levels. I realize that's not the most efficient because those filtered boosts don't get recycled, but it's the trade off I made to solve the inventory problem described above. At least they're still getting applied to my cube.

e:

Shadowstar posted:

Do you have "Autoboost Recycled Boosts" on in your settings?

I was unaware this was an option.

The Fool fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Nov 14, 2019

Shadowstar
May 19, 2003

~~~~~~~~~

Dragonatrix posted:

I feel like, even at 15 minute intervals, Auto-Boost is kinda useless for how long it can take to get and maximize the efficiency of. That it only uses as many boost tiers as there applicable items becomes a problem with it when you'e able to rapidly fill your inventory, so you've still got all of 'em there but now they're one tier weaker. Better wait another 15 minutes to repeat the process but now you have Even More filling your inventory too (presuming you had any space left to begin with). It's really kinda bad and I'm sure there's probably some reason for why it works that way, but I find that it's better to just manually boost things or filter them out wholesale.

Auto-Merge doesn't strike me as particularly great either, but I do appreciate that being useful for maxing levels of stuff in new areas while away for whatever reason. It doesn't have the same issues as Auto-Boosting at least.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Shadowstar posted:

......I do now, thanks. How long has that even been there, wow.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
lmao

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
should I buy a third beard slot vs a brown heart or green heart (I have red, blue, yellow, orange)

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
I recommend everyone stop being such goddamn poors and give somethingggg his :10bux: so you have that whole loot filter thing squared away. You even get a heart (I think?).

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
Been a while since I looked up ratios. I just finished Exile v1, is 1:2 power:magic still good? Is there an Established Good Ratio for r3 too?

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

should I buy a third beard slot vs a brown heart or green heart (I have red, blue, yellow, orange)

beard slot for sure

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Found a fix for tabs freezing when they're not the active window in Chrome. Go to chrome://flags/ and search for #web-contents-occlusion. Set it to disabled and relaunch. Worked for me!

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Bedurndurn posted:

I recommend everyone stop being such goddamn poors and give somethingggg his :10bux: so you have that whole loot filter thing squared away. You even get a heart (I think?).

I'd give that tenner just for the two UI skin options, without anything else. I don't think you can even buy the UI skins.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Blattdorf posted:

I'd give that tenner just for the two UI skin options, without anything else. I don't think you can even buy the UI skins.

you mean the golden themes? if so that's on the ascended newbie pack ($22, unlocks when you buy the $10 stupid newbie pack).

Phelddagrif posted:

Found a fix for tabs freezing when they're not the active window in Chrome. Go to chrome://flags/ and search for #web-contents-occlusion. Set it to disabled and relaunch. Worked for me!

Also yeah apparently in the latest episode of "chrome pretends to add good new features but actually fucks over browser gaming some more"... this! ^

In new content news: patch slated for monday or tuesday, and will contain this gorgeous specimen:

something fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Nov 14, 2019

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

something posted:

you mean the golden themes? if so that's on the ascended newbie pack ($22, unlocks when you buy the $10 stupid newbie pack).

Also yeah apparently in the latest episode of "chrome pretends to add good new features but actually fucks over browser gaming some more"... this! ^

In new content news: patch slated for monday or tuesday, and will contain this gorgeous specimen:

Are there going to be any balance changes to make the gap to get to BTS/WW smaller? Or are the new perks/quirks/wishes supposed to cover that?

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

something posted:

How much of a cut do you get of kongbux? Can I just PayPal you the cash and you get the full amount?

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
NGU

Bug that is prob a typo...

I just got the Exile set Completion bonus pop up. Thing is I have yet to get the #328 Antlers to 100. The pop up on Exile stuff says the set is #322-328. I hope someone gets fired for that blunder.

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

Phelddagrif posted:

This is great thank you.

Wheres the option that let's ngu run minimized or in a non active tab? lol

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Gay Hitler posted:

This is great thank you.

Wheres the option that let's ngu run minimized or in a non active tab? lol

Steam or kart

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

what's the take on incremancer?

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

The Fool posted:

Steam or kart
Oh cool there's mac support for those now ?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

It's called Parallels

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Captain Foo posted:

Fun, but not much long term play. You can max out everything that can be maxed in a few days.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
The new golems are cute and spew fiery destruction so I'm amused

Andronian
Feb 17, 2012

posting for free NGU stuff because i'm a terrible nerd

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Oodles posted:

How much of a cut do you get of kongbux? Can I just PayPal you the cash and you get the full amount?

I don't have a paypal or amything, kongbux works just fine, honestly! It's 70% to me which is just fine when i factor in USD to CAD anyways.

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Are there going to be any balance changes to make the gap to get to BTS/WW smaller? Or are the new perks/quirks/wishes supposed to cover that?

It's gonna help with that gap slightly, but I want to avoid closing the gap more officially until 1.003 where i'll add the Exile feature.

TL;DR you'll have cards you'll collect that govern a specific bonus and select a very small subset (3/4 tops) to grow on a per rebirth basis, and probably involve a new currency of some sort. AKA "what if macguffins were designed better and had actual choices?"

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ive just unlocked wishes. And realised the godmother set is slighter better than the party set for what im doing ><

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Samuringa posted:

Incremancer increments: They added several QoL features for better idling, you have an AutoConstruction that goes through your cheaper buildings up to your most expensive ones, the Zombie Cages have an Auto Release toggle, the Runes now have an upgrade where _% of your income is added for free into each tier. The Graveyard has some basic trophies, where every 5 levels a random human will be a VIP and killing it gives you a permanent stats bonus. You can shift+click to mass buy an upgrade or raise all possible zombies with your current energy.

Other misc additions like Zombies having a ranged attack, getting a buff when on fire, among other stuff.

Those trophies may be "basic" to acquire, but their effects are anything but. I went from hitting level ~130 to ~330 over the same period of time after picking up a bunch of trophies. You get passive resource income too! That's freaking huge at low levels.

If you think harpies are lame, try them again after getting a bunch of +plague damage% trophies. You'll have plenty of energy from the trophies to run them without messing up your spawn rate too. Mine will easily 1-shot dudes up until the high 50's.

The minimum timer on construction is now 5 seconds if you already have the resources on hand. This is a huge QoL change.

Shift-clicking while you have Energy Charge is amazing. I like to spam the outer row of houses to push those pricks towards the zombies waiting in the center of the map. I don't even bother with the Time Warp + Energy Charge + Gigazombies + Release Caged Zombies trick anymore. It's too fiddly. Just stick the caged zombies on auto-release and use shift-click when you have the 3 spell combo running.

Buzkashi posted:

The new golems are cute and spew fiery destruction so I'm amused

Firebois can shoot through walls, just like the coppers. They're real good.
I switch to the healers when grinding out the higher levels. They're more effective than I thought they would be.

Captain Foo posted:

There's not a lot of "gameplay" compared to more modern idle games, but it has the "get more powerful and do stuff more faster" thing that a lot of them are missing. A lot of games seem to be designed around the idea that as you progress, things take longer.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Meskhenet posted:

Ive just unlocked wishes. And realised the godmother set is slighter better than the party set for what im doing ><

Yeah I also noticed this, I basically just finished up the party set while I was grinding pieces for godmother and even at lower levels it makes the party set pretty obsolete. Don't worry, in a few weeks you'll get the Fad set which makes both of them mostly useless :v:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Are their any sets or pieces of sets that are useful to hang on to because they have unique bonuses, or higher then usual bonuses for Energy/Magic/Wandoo/Augs% ? Or should I just trash them once I've gotten them all to 100?

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Are their any sets or pieces of sets that are useful to hang on to because they have unique bonuses, or higher then usual bonuses for Energy/Magic/Wandoo/Augs% ? Or should I just trash them once I've gotten them all to 100?

Anything with respawn, like the stapler. I'm still using that, it's one of the best items in the game.

Later on you'll want to save things with gold drop on them for optimizing gold drops at the start of the run, but the pieces that are good for that will be obvious.

Aug speed is generally useless, as is wandoos. Those things don't provide permanent bonuses or help you get things that persist across rebirth. Gold drops do (good diggers). Respawn does (perk points ).

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Keep stuff with unique bonuses, not everyone uses them but in the end it's up to you. I yeeted the Sands of Time from my inv as soon as it got maxxed, but some people manual Titans more often than others. Similarly, I could not care less over the Triple Flubber and would rather save up for a Green Heart.

You'll generally want to keep Accs. Armor or weapons with unique bonuses have the drawback of majorly scaling down your base stats so it ends up being very situational.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Anything with respawn, like the stapler. I'm still using that, it's one of the best items in the game.

Later on you'll want to save things with gold drop on them for optimizing gold drops at the start of the run, but the pieces that are good for that will be obvious.

Aug speed is generally useless, as is wandoos. Those things don't provide permanent bonuses or help you get things that persist across rebirth. Gold drops do (good diggers). Respawn does (perk points ).

I kind of feel like you can toss anything that just boosts stats or resources you can probably junk it as better stuff comes in.

gold drop is def worth holding on, though you can cycle lower performing stuff, but anything else is probably worth holding onto if the enchantment is rare enough

Aug speed isnt great, but theres like 2 items in the game that have it as a buff. You can over 300 item slots. 2 slots isnt the end of the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Could I get some advice on spending PP? I have a decent haul after not looking at this for almost a year, the top row's maxed out (except for the rich jerks thing), and I bought all of the inventory/accessory spaces and one of the gold digger slots. Everything else kinda blurs together though, so I'm not sure where my points will have the most impact.