Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Tom Guycot posted:

Well that was a short campaign. Not even 24 hours.

so this is that political capital Obama was always talking about...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

Does anything actually link current Obama to deval because I am here for the conspiracy theory

they were real hyped about patrick in 2017 https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/08/01/obamas-inner-circle-is-urging-deval-patrick-to-run-215443

quote:

Barack Obama is nudging him to run. His inner circle is actively encouraging it. Obama world’s clear and away 2020 favorite is sitting right here, on the 38th floor of the John Hancock Building, in a nicely decorated office at Bain Capital.

Obama strategist David Axelrod has had several conversations with Patrick about running, and eagerly rattles off the early primary map logic: small-town campaign experience from his 2006 gubernatorial run that will jibe perfectly with Iowa, neighbor-state advantage in New Hampshire and the immediate bloc of votes he’d have as an African-American heading into South Carolina.

quote:

Valerie Jarrett, Obama’s close adviser and friend, says that a President Patrick is what “my heart desires.”

quote:

Obama himself—who is personally close to Patrick, and counts him among the very small group of people whom he thinks has actual political talent—has privately encouraged him to think about it, among others.

Obama veterans light up at the mention of Patrick's name. In self-assurance, style and politics, they see the former Massachusetts governor as a perfect match, the natural continuation of Obama’s legacy.

“If you were to poll 100 notable Obama alumni, the only two people who would win that 2020 straw poll right now are [Joe] Biden and Patrick,” said one former senior White House aide.

Among operatives, “the center of gravity would really shift in his direction in Obama world if he were to decide to run,” said another former top Obama White House official.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
so what's going on did we win the qcs wars or what

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I feel terrible saying this, but, you guys know "deval" isn't pronounced like "devil" right

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
best case for deval is splitting the warren vote and delivering new england directly to bernie, so i say go for it dude

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

loquacius posted:

I feel terrible saying this, but, you guys know "deval" isn't pronounced like "devil" right

Yes, everyone here knows this.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if the democrats had a backbone this is the ad they would be running

https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1195048106179670017

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Majorian posted:

Yes, everyone here knows this.

oh thank god

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

Nothing raises your profile like failing miserably.

totally unrelated, wondering how HIckenlooper is doing...

quote:

DENVER (CBS4) – A long-awaited ethics report on former Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper is out and it details questionable gifts and travel accommodations on corporate jets. Hickenlooper is accused of violating Colorado Constitution’s ban on gifts for public officials. If he’s found guilty, he will have to pay three times the value of the gift.

oh he's mired in a corruption scandal? Oh, well at least the Dem establishment hasn't annointed him in one of the vulnerable R senate seats up in 2020

quote:

Critics have already questioned the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee’s decision to throw its weight behind the most conservative Democratic candidate before the primary, especially as Colorado becomes increasingly progressive. National Democrats recruited Hickenlooper, despite the fact that he didn’t even want the job, at one point saying that he’s “not cut out to be a senator.”

Thanks Schummer!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

if the democrats had a backbone this is the ad they would be running

https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1195048106179670017

Ash Sarkar is great btw. Everyone with even a light interest in UK politics should be listening to Novara Media.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

Nothing raises your profile like failing miserably.

it's true, my bad posts have made me a barely-tolerated forum superstar

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

crazy cloud posted:

we are told that the administration is "very concerned" and "will be looking into it"

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

loquacius posted:

who

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

crazy cloud posted:

the eternal struggle continues

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/RepAOC/status/1195045754525478912

Bernie and AOC QTing each other back and forth forever

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

we are told that the administration is "very concerned" and "will be looking into it"

:vince:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Fly Molo posted:

why you should read The Age of Madness:

lol wtf is happening in this thread

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

crazy cloud posted:

LOL the mods are busily trying to triangulate the minimum amount they can offer C-SPAM posters so that there is an absence of tension on the forums.

Rather than recognize that modding is inherently toxic and that moderators should be self-selected by the communities they moderate, SA's moderators have formed their own little clique that views itself as the noble few willing to put up with the terrible task of maintaining these forums. Our moderators don't view themselves as members of this community, they view themselves as its caretakers . They'd rather be overwhelmed (and feeling self-righteous) rather than relinquish their hold on power or concede that this dying community needs to make changes in order to continue.

Can you imagine the unmitigated horror if the mods that are widely disliked by the community they praise over stepped down- and were instead replaced by a system that regularly rotated highly regarded community members in and out of moderating positions!?!

Why it wouldn't be something awful anymore at that point, it just wouldn't.

Prester Jane has issued a correction as of 20:14 on Nov 14, 2019

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

crazy cloud posted:

quote:

OK I said I was going to keep this open for 30 minutes but it ended up being an hour. There has been a lot said, and I have been told a lot to.

I will definitely read all the stuff you have directed me to Dickeye. We will add more Mod oversight to C-spam. It will not be D&D modded any more.

I do want anyone to PM me stuff they think I should know and I will read over it and respond. I am honestly not trying to dismiss any concerns from people, I am coming at it from an outsiders perspective and need to read a lot of text to get it from where you are standing.

I promise that changes will happen and very soon!

basically the usual "take it to pm(that we won't read), your opinion is important to us"

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Prester Jane posted:

LOL the mods are busily trying to triangulate the minimum amount they can offer C-SPAM posters so that there is an absence of tension on the farms.

Rather than recognize that bonding is inherently toxic and that moderators should be self-selected by the communities they moderate, essays moderators have formed their own little clique that views itself as the noble few willing to put up with the terrible task of maintaining these forums. Our moderators don't view themselves as members of this community, they view themselves as its caretakers . They'd rather be overwhelmed (and feeling self-righteous) rather than relinquish their hold on power or concede that this dying community needs to make changes in order to continue.

Can you imagine the unmitigated horror if the mods that are widely disliked by the community they praise over stepped down- and were instead replaced by a system that regularly rotated highly regarded community members in and out of moderating positions!?!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lol

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

ok that's legit

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

if only there were two specific posters that cspam wanted for mods that were posted about a number of times in that qcs thread. oh well, who knows what cspam wants it's anarchy in here

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/SAVoltolin/status/1194798123299885056

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Lastgirl posted:

libs are idiots if they think someone named Devil is going to win

Well Raprock did win 2 terms

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Yinlock posted:

basically the usual "take it to pm(that we won't read), your opinion is important to us"

I don't have pms any more , i lost plat when i was illegally and unfairly (bad!!) banned for a toxx that should not have triggered until next November. cool

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Prester Jane posted:

LOL the mods are busily trying to triangulate the minimum amount they can offer C-SPAM posters so that there is an absence of tension on the farms.

Rather than recognize that bonding is inherently toxic and that moderators should be self-selected by the communities they moderate, essays moderators have formed their own little clique that views itself as the noble few willing to put up with the terrible task of maintaining these forums. Our moderators don't view themselves as members of this community, they view themselves as its caretakers . They'd rather be overwhelmed (and feeling self-righteous) rather than relinquish their hold on power or concede that this dying community needs to make changes in order to continue.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Al! posted:

if only there were two specific posters that cspam wanted for mods that were posted about a number of times in that qcs thread. oh well, who knows what cspam wants it's anarchy in here

i can't believe c-spam just irrationally hates All Mods despite only naming one mod as the problem and being fine with everyone else

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

does sa even have any women mods anymore or is it 100% patriarchy at this point

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the circling of the wagons around ppj is weird, just demod him why is this so fuckin difficult

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I lol everytime I think of Biden calling Obama Raprock so if only for that his candidacy was worth it

Republicans winning supermajorities in the house and Senate in 2022 as blowback from Bidens poo poo tier presidency will also be lol

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

crazy cloud posted:

I don't have pms any more , i lost plat when i was illegally and unfairly (bad!!) banned for a toxx that should not have triggered until next November. cool

lol that it was d&d mods who stepped in to handle the bans that were only triggered because sjy just couldnt handle being mercilessly owned for page after page

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Yinlock posted:

Believe it or not there has been a substantial amount of discussion in the mod forum about how to resolve all of this. I'm trying to get things moving again as some got a bit distracted by unrelated matters recently, as I too don't like how this is just sorta hanging over CSPAM like the sword of Damocles.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

loquacius posted:

Obviously if the Devil was running he'd be far more positively recieved on here.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Harold Washington looking mfer

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
His slogan will be "The Deval is in the Details "

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

shout at the deval

"lol!"

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
sympathy for the deval

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Believe it or not there has been a substantial amount of discussion in the mod forum about how to resolve all of this. I'm trying to get things moving again as some got a bit distracted by unrelated matters recently, as I too don't like how this is just sorta hanging over CSPAM like the sword of Damocles.

nice to know someone cares, at least