Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Ok I made a list of pre gen 8 mons that crossed the border and learn Defog, with predicted OU viable ones in bold. I may have left out some Ubers or some stuff on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Charizard, Conkeldurr, Decidueye, Farfetch’d (assuming Sirfetch’d doesn’t suck), Flygon, Hawlucha, Hydreigon, Mandibuzz, Mew, Noivern, Pelipper, Rotom(assuming we still get access to Wash form), Sigilyph, Silvally, Togekiss, Vespiquen, Xatu, Zekrom

Oh thank god.

I’ll leave my list up anyway since Defog is still an important move and sometimes you want a rapid spinner AND a defogger on board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I loved the wall of headache Psyduck in DPP.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

SirSamVimes posted:

I loved the wall of headache Psyduck in DPP.
oh yeah, that was great
especially because Cynthia got tied up in it as well - the mental image of The Champion of Sinnoh running around doing errands for her grandma and being tasked with delivering medicine to :psyduck: is extra cute

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Grookey nickname ideas so far: a definitive list
  • Wukong
  • Taiko
  • Rayjay (Rajang)
There that's all I've got

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
So does inner focus make you immune to stat drops? cause i've heard that bandied around but it's not in the description.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Cynthia is the best champion.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:

I did not know this existed and I want it very badly

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Kurieg posted:

So does inner focus make you immune to stat drops? cause i've heard that bandied around but it's not in the description.

Just intimidate's effect. Anything else still works

Own Tempo got the same buff

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Zore posted:

Just intimidate's effect. Anything else still works

Own Tempo got the same buff

Specifically intimidate? That's some attempt at vgc balancing.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Music is really good so far... only like 20 minutes in but there are some kick-rear end tracks already.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
This is now the Heart Gold and Soul Silver Megathread. Post ONLY about how epic these games were. Discuss your favorite following pokemon, or Pokewalker adventures below.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013
Also competitive talk for anyone who didn't know, Teleport was changed in Let's Go to where it now has -6 priority but allows you to switch your mon out for another one in your party. Basically a non-damaging U-Turn that always moves last so you're guaranteed to not let your incoming mon take a hit. I'm excited to try it with Claydol.

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

Deified Data posted:

• Wukong
  • Taiko
  • Rayjay (Rajang)

Big Green for multiple levels of Dragon Ball references.

Or Collins for drumming ape.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

If you don’t name your Grimmsnarl Big Green or some variation of Piccolo you’re doing it wrong. The species is even male only.

I miss just running around with my shiny Ninetales and Weavile :( they BUTCHERED Goldenrod City’s theme in HGSS, though. The only black mark on an incredible remake.

Mr. Whale posted:

Given VGC is the official format I’m not surprised that any balance focus would revolve around it.

Sucks for singles players though, especially since singles was the original format, the one used most often in games, the one seen in the anime, and basically the one used almost everywhere.

I’m not hating on doubles - it gives lots of pokemon unviable in singles a chance to shine, it’s a different and refreshing playstyle, the battles are faster and the accursed stall is much rarer - but it’s still baffling that they chose a format the average joe would be pretty unfamiliar with for tournaments.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/Dinolich/status/1194854913911603201

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Deified Data posted:

• Wukong
  • Taiko
  • Rayjay (Rajang)

I’m going with Rimshot.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Deified Data posted:

• Wukong
  • Taiko
  • Rayjay (Rajang)

Thrum Wubong or Taikoko, my dude.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

That's a relief for real.
Excadrill still going to be spinning the meta 'round and 'round.

Average Bear posted:

This is now the Heart Gold and Soul Silver Megathread. Post ONLY about how epic these games were. Discuss your favorite following pokemon, or Pokewalker adventures below.

Pokemon transferred, route set, Pokewalker in backpack, its walk time.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

So the GTS is confirmed to be gone?

WHY?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
poo poo had so many secrets too. Azure Flute mini quest ruled, even though it wasn't in the game officially lol.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

So the GTS is confirmed to be gone?

WHY?

It will most likely be rolled into Home or something. I wouldn’t worry about that just yet.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Plasbad posted:

Also competitive talk for anyone who didn't know, Teleport was changed in Let's Go to where it now has -6 priority but allows you to switch your mon out for another one in your party. Basically a non-damaging U-Turn that always moves last so you're guaranteed to not let your incoming mon take a hit. I'm excited to try it with Claydol.

All the Let's Go changes were ignored/reverted

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Mr. Whale posted:

although unless some new powerful mon got one of those abilities it doesn't seem like much of a nerf, skimming through the list of pokemon who have one on bulbapedia. lots of special attackers or mediocre ones like hitmonchan

funnily enough one of the best ones is bisharp and it'd rather have the defiant boost

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I’m team Sobble but lol if you wouldn’t name your grass monkey, that funky monkey, “Beastie”.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Meey-eth, that’s right!

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Deified Data posted:

• Wukong
  • Taiko
  • Rayjay (Rajang)

Harambeat.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

Zore posted:

All the Let's Go changes were ignored/reverted

I think it's still up in the air. On the same post saying it lost its new effect, it also says "Teleport apparently kept its LGPE iteration and the above text is incorrect." So who knows?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

extra row of teeth posted:

It will most likely be rolled into Home or something. I wouldn’t worry about that just yet.

Sw/Sh arent even worth buying until Home then, or whatever features are fully patched in

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Sw/Sh arent even worth buying until Home then, or whatever features are fully patched in

Eh, my experiences with the GTS always amounted to endless spam of posting Rattatas and asking for level 100 shiny Mewtwos.

Taking it away and rolling it into Home, or doing whatever, is incredibly dumb and backwards for sure. However I can honestly say losing it won’t detract from the experience, at least for me. Trading with goons or even Serebii randoms is a thousand times better than tediously scrolling through that poo poo.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Team Yell's music's probably my favorite of this gen

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Pentaro posted:

Harambeat.

On the note, Hadjembe.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm 100% stealing Big Green for my Grooky

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Up to about 35 different pokemon before the first gym so far, and that's having only done a couple of raids and encountered rain specific wild area stuff.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

I'm 100% stealing Big Green for my Grooky

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tum1P5jm_so

Here is the original reference that DBZA got it from.

(A really, really bad DBZ dub. Not as bad as the Speedy dub, but still pretty bad)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

extra row of teeth posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tum1P5jm_so

Here is the original reference that DBZA got it from.

(A really, really bad DBZ dub. Not as bad as the Speedy dub, but still pretty bad)

oh yea I know, try as I might my brain refuses to purge the memory of those dark days as a baby weeb

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

All grookey names should be based off this British commercial

https://youtu.be/TnzFRV1LwIo

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I'm gonna get Scorbunny and name it Velveteen, the Scarlet Fever.

It's even a British story so it's totally on flavor too

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Deified Data posted:

• Wukong
  • Taiko
  • Rayjay (Rajang)

Bongorilla

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

whatever the first gorilla lookin pokemon I catch is gonna be named Kumbuka in honor of the mad lad that escaped from the London Zoo and drank 5 liters of blackcurrant concentrate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

oh yea I know, try as I might my brain refuses to purge the memory of those dark days as a baby weeb

Oh jesus you had to watch the Big Green dub when it aired?! I’m ... I’m so sorry.

Also if the letters fit, due to its datamined hidden ability, I would name mine Bargain Bin Bulu