Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Metro 2033 Redux and Everything is free on the Epic Games Store. (As in there's a game called 'Everything', not everything is free....)
Minit is up next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Just because I remembered today, Minit is free on the Epic Store

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Serperoth posted:

Just because I remembered today, Minit is free on the Epic Store

It's interesting, picked it up when it went up, but I bounced pretty hard after about a dozen goes. Probably worth checking the wiki/walkthrough assuming it has one.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
It is not a bad game but you have to beat it in one or two sittings because there are a dozen little things that affect your route and you'll forget all about them very quickly.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

I said come in! posted:

Surviving Mars is free now on Epic Game Store.

Adding to this, the following DLCs are also free:

- Mysteries Resupply

- Space Race

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Be aware that they're not directly included with Surviving Mars - you have to "purchase" each one. And since EGS still doesn't have a cart, you have to do each one separately :v: Still worth the clicks!

Next week is Observer and Alan Wake's: American Nightmare.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Samuringa posted:

Adding to this, the following DLCs are also free:

- Mysteries Resupply

- Space Race

Thanks for pointing this out, i didn't notice

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

more like epic backlog

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Princess Remedy in A Heap of Trouble is free to own as part of Steam's LGBTQ+ Sale if you register it to your account by noon Oct. 15.

It's the prequel to always-freebie Princess Remedy in a World of Hurt.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Crusader Kings 2 free forever

https://twitter.com/CrusaderKings/status/1184878409178066945

https://store.steampowered.com/app/203770/Crusader_Kings_II/

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Do note that is only the basic game. There's literally a dozen major expansions that will all cost money and they all are important in their own way (though some more than others).

That said, the base game is still an incredible and unique experience that you owe it to yourself to try if you haven't.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Coolguye posted:

Do note that is only the basic game. There's literally a dozen major expansions that will all cost money and they all are important in their own way (though some more than others).

That said, the base game is still an incredible and unique experience that you owe it to yourself to try if you haven't.

Also, look up a current YouTube tutorial because unless something has changed recently the in game one was never updated for mechanical changes and is worse than useless.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
yeah if you are looking for help on CK2 the first stop should be the SA thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3874093

the OP has up to date information on the values and effects of the various expansions, and the posters there have been playing for a very long time and generally have a lot of knowledge about the state of things and how things have changed over the years.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Alan Wake's American Nightmare and Observer are both free on the Epic store btw if you want some spooky times

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Also, look up a current YouTube tutorial because unless something has changed recently the in game one was never updated for mechanical changes and is worse than useless.

I think it’s fine, I’m still completely confused about pressing claims, but I managed to broker a peace between my brothers long enough that we had a crack at the Muslims. Best played as a kind of medieval sims, IMO.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I think they fixed it up at one point to stop you getting stuck when it required you to click a button that had been patched out, but yeah YouTube tutorials are probably the best option.

The usual advice is to pick a petty kingdom in southern Ireland in the 1066 start date, since you can basically fart around for ages learning the ropes before anyone will bother you.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Can I do hyperwar? The khaganate will rise again!

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
If any of you got on the Crusader Kings II train, you can now go to this address https://www.crusaderkings.com/ and sign up for a newsletter about the sequel in works. You'll receive a free copy of the Old Gods DLC for CK II. It's a good one, you get to play as a tribal person, you can sail around with your mans to do viking boat crimes, and also sacrifice captured enemies to pagan gods.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Your latest batch of freebies from the Freebies 'n' Fortnite 'n' I Guess The Unreal Editor Client: QUBE 2 and Layers of Fear.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

QUBE 2 is a really cool puzzle game that's been free with Twitch Prime about 500 times by now.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

SOMA and Costume Quest are free on Epic

Next freebies will be Nuclear Throne and Ruiner

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

repiv posted:

SOMA and Costume Quest are free on Epic

Next freebies will be Nuclear Throne and Ruiner

Nuclear Throne rules but I feel like everyone who would play it already has it from all the sales/free copies the devs gave out.

If you don’t have it, though, it’s a must-get.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Nuclear Throne rules but I feel like everyone who would play it already has it from all the sales/free copies the devs gave out.

If you don’t have it, though, it’s a must-get.

Correct

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Incorrect!

I look forward to it.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
I've been meaning to pick up a copy but kept forgetting about it. I guess it's a good thing now that I can get it for free.

Last weeks free game, Dauntless, is it basically Epic's Monster Hunter? The art looks precisely like Fortnite.

..btt
Mar 26, 2008
Dauntless is F2P

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

oh dope posted:

I've been meaning to pick up a copy but kept forgetting about it. I guess it's a good thing now that I can get it for free.

Last weeks free game, Dauntless, is it basically Epic's Monster Hunter? The art looks precisely like Fortnite.

Yes, it's also not great.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

oh dope posted:

It's Phoenix Labs take on Monster Hunter that Epic publishes

It's f2p and isn't a bad way to waste time? I plan to grab the Switch port when it drops

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

..btt posted:

Dauntless is F2P

Oh is it? I must've mixed up this thread with something else. Disregard.

I played the tutorial and it looks like out could be fun if I had any friends that played it, or indeed any friends at all.

oh dope fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Nov 1, 2019

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

oh dope posted:

Oh is it? I must've mixed up this thread with something else. Disregard.

I played the tutorial and it looks like out could be fun if I had any friends that played it, or indeed any friends at all.

but you can "Team up with millions of players"!!!!

doubt

fully released about a month ago, so if they haven't already the seasonal pay-to-have-content is a month or two away?

stringless fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Nov 1, 2019

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I've been working through Q.U.B.E. 2. It's gorgeous and a decent puzzler like Portal 2 but without the solutions being quite as obvious.

and then rotation got involved. oof i was feeling smart until pillars with multiple rotation points got involved.

/e now there's oil and fire? wtf

stringless fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Nov 1, 2019

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

https://store.steampowered.com/app/490860/DashBored/

Free until the fourth.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Nuclear Throne and RUINER are free on Epic now

The next freebie will be The Messenger

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The Messenger and Battle Breakers are now free on the Epic Game Store.

Battle Breakers seems to be a mobile port of a gem matching rpg. The Messenger is a super fun retro side scroller very reminiscent of NES Ninja Gaiden games. Definitely check it out if you liked Shovel Knight.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I saw something mentioned that the messenger also comes with free dlc that you have to get separately. Is that true?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i just checked and yeah scroll down on the game page and theres a dlc item thats free

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The DLC is free on all platforms, not just as part of the Epic deal.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Battle Breakers

FYI this is some kind of F2P mobile game, not a free deal per se.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

~Coxy posted:

FYI this is some kind of F2P mobile game, not a free deal per se.

Yeah, it's made by "a small team at Epic" just like the (other?) MOBA the name of which I can't remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

FFT posted:

Yeah, it's made by "a small team at Epic" just like the (other?) MOBA the name of which I can't remember

It's ex-Chair people

Or was, when it "soft launched" in six countries two years ago and got exactly one update