Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

The goal is to keep SIFAS going as it's own separate thing, as far as I know. I think they got too scared of just being "Starlight Stage but Love Live" and did something super different. I dunno how JP fans are reacting, but almost everyone I knew in the west was pretty turned off of it at first and said they'd give it another shot when it comes out in English.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
It’s not that fun imo. The main strong point is just idols are cute, but otherwise it’s just a huge grind, whether it’s an event or you’re just trying to skill up

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

That's about where I landed with it. It had too much going on, and I figured I'd get what I want out of it by just watching clips of the choreography online. I really wanted to like it, but it's just really grindy and the core gameplay is nonsensical at worst, and not fun at best. I don't think I'll play it when it comes out in English, and just look up videos when Maki and Honoka get cute new outfits.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
I don't mind AllStars, but there's nothing to keep me engaged. The game will forever be my background "I'm bored let's boot this up and look at cute idols" game. Having no rhythm game component is basically a deal ender for me, but I'm invested enough in the series that I'll keep it around to poke every now and again.

edit: No challenging rhythm game component. I like CG because there are some murderously hard charts and I'm not a powerful enough gorilla to FC them.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I still can't clear some CG songs on Master. The skill ceiling in that game is so high, but its really satisfying once you start to get it. People that can FC anything above 24 difficulty are insane.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
I come down on it pretty hard because it's terrible as a rhythm game. But they bill it as a RHYTHM ACTION RPG, and I'm not sure it's really much worse than any of the other VNs with tacked-on gameplay that most mobile RPGs seem to be. The main difference between it and say, magireco or princess connect is that the 'gameplay' bit is a disappointing rhythm game, rather than a minute of looking at sprites and occasionally selecting a target or pressing a button to do a special attack. It does seem a bit grindier than the other two, in terms of the array of materials you need to fish up to actually level up your cards, but the game flow feels pretty similar to me. Like, astro mentioned the skip tickets, which let you completely bypass the rhythm bit and just get more materials, but to actually use those you need to have grinded enough to get an s-rank score on the song/difficulty. I'm pretty sure that's how it works in a lot of other rpgs (although to be honest I usually get bored with those pretty quick, too).

If you're just there for the stories and I guess listening to 1:30 cuts of your favorite love live songs, I'm sure it's at least serviceable, but that's not really what I was after.

In the discord, someone mentioned Cue ages ago, and I downloaded that when it came out. It's pretty similar, except it's about seiyuu rather than idols, and it doesn't really pretend to have gameplay. The loop there is: send seiyuu to lessons to level up/get items to level them up more -> listen to them say a few lines in a recording session -> return to start. Its main gimmick is that after you do this enough for a show you get to swap around who acts in the roles and watch a short anime about it.

To be honest, I'm not sure it'll last for much longer on my phone either, but it is pleasantly honest about how little you, the player, have to do besides read.

blossommirage posted:

I still can't clear some CG songs on Master. The skill ceiling in that game is so high, but its really satisfying once you start to get it. People that can FC anything above 24 difficulty are insane.

If I were playing on default speed, even with all the various helpful cards I've amassed over the years, I'd probably still get wrecked by quite a few songs on master. Speed up is your friend.

Speaking of which, the latest ML update expanded the tempo range from 50%–200% to 50%–300%. Which is nice, I've had to go up to 170% on some of the newer songs and was starting to get concerned I'd hit the limit and get stuck.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Thanks for the honest reviews. The amount of memory I assume it takes is too much just to watch 3d idols. I can do that without the hassle and enjoy it more.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Holy poo poo, Aikyan winked in my general direction at Lantis Matsuri! Also, got RIKO-CHAN LASER BEAMMMMMMMUUUUU’d!

And I still have the Meet and Greet tomorrow at noon too. Oh man, still so hyped!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

GhostStalker posted:

Holy poo poo, Aikyan winked in my general direction at Lantis Matsuri! Also, got RIKO-CHAN LASER BEAMMMMMMMUUUUU’d!

And I still have the Meet and Greet tomorrow at noon too. Oh man, still so hyped!

On the official stream last night, when the beam happened, the camera was all shaky. Camera operators know what's up.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

graybook posted:

On the official stream last night, when the beam happened, the camera was all shaky. Camera operators know what's up.

Def. We got the shaky camera on the screen behind them too (with the GK graphics). It was amazing live, especially since I was front and center patrolling the aisles for cameras when it happened, and I needed to stop and take it in during GKs whole set. I mean, once staff pulled out 3 mic stands, we knew who and what was coming up next. Only regret is that when Jam Pro brought GK out to do a collab, I was baited into thinking Snow Halation, but it wasn’t. I have the set list somewhere if someone wants to know. Also, eventer acquaintances were angry at some GK fans for ignoring the other performers even though GK was only the 2nd act of 4. True killed it after them, and Jam Pro was super hype, but apparently some Livers left after that, and a bunch of the ones who stayed sat down or were on their phones the whole time, I dunno.

I got at most 3 secs with each girl at the GK Meet and Greet, they didn’t let me bring my nesos or my Aikyan PB in to see them with so I had no convo opportunity, so it was just spaghetti’d bows and thanks for coming and receiving of cards from each of them. It was fun, but not as much the opportunity I wanted. Their handlers were milling in a blob behind them and the line had just filtered through when I arrived, so I think even the translator lady they had wasn’t saying anything. Oh well.

Went to Masquerade for Itou Mikku, everything after wasn’t worth except for a couple of dance group idol song performances and Feathers winning the Bandori costume contest with her full sized DJ BAD BEAR MICHELLE suit, complete with 2 suits and a Kokoro in that set as well. I popped 2 UOs for that costume and I wasn’t the only one. MCs were terrible, they had “jokes” to kill time because one of them is a comedy writer (they’re with a YouTube channel called Get in the Robot) for his day job, but it was just heckling from the crowd throwing him off his set. They were badly trying to kill time for the judges, and by that time, most of the crowd was gone. One of them referred to Bandori as Girls Dance Party a couple of times, and stumbled over Love Live, calling it Life Live or something like that. Also, her Hispanic accent came out a couple of times when she was announcing LL characters for dance skits, but that’s understandable. I left before winners were announced because of just so much time kill.

Super huge crowd for this Masquerade because of Mikku, the line literally stretched from one side of the Javits to the other (from at least 35th to 38th Streets inside?) plus holding pens near the entrance of Special Events. I didn’t filter through until those pens emptied (they started loading at like 6:20, Masq started loading at like 8 because FGO USA tour with Rumi Okubo and Aoi Yuki was immediately before ending at 6:30, and they had to clear that first and allow people from that panel to join the line as well), and it took about half an hour for load in. They played the Bandori concert MVs during load in, and the Tigers took that over from what I could hear and see, kujakus and UOs and yakkai calls and Tiger chants and all that. Apparently, this led to a couple of tweets saying that the Special Events hall had become a Tiger Den. Fun times, but it was mostly over by the time I got a seat, because I didn’t want to abuse my Crew badge too badly.

Mikku played 3 songs (Egao no Orchestra, Gokai Gokai Phantom Thief, and another I’m forgetting at the moment, it was and arm wave back an forth kinda thing and had a singable chorus), and then was not seen again for the night even though she was announced to be judging the Bandori costume contest. About half the crowd left after she did, including a lot of NYCord and Garden State Sunshine, plus most of the Tigers. There were still a couple of them for idol dance skits, including an Angelic Angel, a Hop! Stop! Nonstop!, and a Million Live song a Tiger I know went full UO cycloning and calls on, next to a kujaku.

Garden State Sunshine went to the official Club Love Live afterparty after Mikku, where Aniparty were drafted into playing a Mogra style show when the original DJs weren’t cutting it. Apparently the first couple of hours were pretty full LL and other Anisong, which I missed because of me deciding to stay at Masq too long. Lumica were there selling glow sticks, and apparently LL staff as well, who were apparently disappointed by the original song selection before Aniparty took over, Then ZAQ showed up, MC’d a bit, got Tiger’d on both sides of the DJ booth (which she was apparently cool with) during Sparkling Daydream. The first song I came into was ZAQ leading calls for Aquarium, which set the tone for the night for me.
https://twitter.com/fusouu/status/1195921573858947072

Bunch if UO kanpais later with friends and some time in the Tiger pit when the DJs changed to one I know who plays a lot of anisong. Took a couple of requests from me, got a Rising Hope Namaste Snake going (I think I’m front of an exec from LL who was sitting behind us and amused at the webs?), and a whole lot of other stuff. Guy who owns all 9 Teras from GSS broke a 3rd Live penlight because he went so hard. Then normie DJ took over around 1am after my DJ friend was hinting at it for a while and at that point it switched to standard club hip hop stuff. Left at that point because I needed food after a couple more kanpais burning through the half box of UOs I had left.

Didn’t get home until after 4am because of food and bus shenanigans (I missed my bus by minutes because I was chilling in a diner to get out of the cold, took a cab home instead to the tune of $45), and I’m still so sore, but mad worth it, at least for the most part.

Oh yeah, I also went to the Itou Mikku talk stage on Friday, which was cool. Bunch of my friends from NYCord put together a banner that I signed and that they put up right as she entered and greeted her with it. Another friend cosplayed as Egao Kokoro, and of course Feathers was there in her DJ BAD BEAR MICHELLE suit, which Mikku saw and called out by name. She played a couple Multi-Lives on a borrowed phone (was supposed to be 3, but on the second one, someone DC’d after their choice of Neo Aspect was chosen as the song despite Mikku wanting to play Egao no Orchestra). During the first song, Sugar Song and Bitter Step (Mikku chose Orchestra, 2 were Random, and the other chose a non HHW song), someone sent a Line to the borrowed phone (I assume it was from BushiUSA) which took up the top half of the screen and broke her combo, and her flustered reaction afterwards was funny. An acquaintance from GSS won one of the signed shikishis from all 5 members of HHW any beating Mikku in a panel sized game of Rock Paper Scissors too. Really good time, even if I wasn’t in the panel photo because I’m too far off to the right (and wouldn’t be good to be seen in my Crew shirt, even if I did have my DJ BAD BEAR MICHELLE neso with me).

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Nov 17, 2019

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
Adding on to GhostStalker's post since they covered most everything:

-I won meet and greets for both Guilty Kiss and Mikku
Mikku was on Friday shortly after the Bandori panel, I got probably 15 seconds with her. Told her that I saw her at the RAS live back in July and it was fun, and we did a HLSY.
For Guilty Kiss on Saturday I was a bit disappointed I couldn't show them my itabag, but I did remember to attach my Yohane-themed hair bow to my lanyard. After getting Aikyan's card I showed her the bow and she was super happy and asked if it was handmade, to which I replied it was and that a friend made it. I didn't say much to Rikyako other than thanks, and to Ainya I gave an "otsukare" and said she's cute. Forgot to show them my painted nails in their colors cause my mind went mostly blank as soon as I stepped behind the curtain hahaha

-The third song Mikku did at her mini live was Kimi ga Inakucha, but she announced it by the EN version name I Need You, which was great because people were real angry about that translation decision

-The audio levels in the masquerade after Mikku's live were way way too loud. I had to put earbuds in to block sound, i don't know how people got out of that without their ears bleeding from the volume. The actual event...eh. I cheered super loud for Feathers and that's about it. The MCs were awful

-The Lantis Matsuri live on Friday was amazing and anyone who ducked after GK did their main set was an idiot since the following acts were also amazing AND GK came back for collabs.
I went to the panel for that on Saturday and all the other acts were commenting on how popular GK is which made me feel bad for them. It was really obvious that majority of the crowd was there for them both at the concert and the panel

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

KariOhki posted:

Adding on to GhostStalker's post since they covered most everything:

-I won meet and greets for both Guilty Kiss and Mikku
Mikku was on Friday shortly after the Bandori panel, I got probably 15 seconds with her. Told her that I saw her at the RAS live back in July and it was fun, and we did a HLSY.
For Guilty Kiss on Saturday I was a bit disappointed I couldn't show them my itabag, but I did remember to attach my Yohane-themed hair bow to my lanyard. After getting Aikyan's card I showed her the bow and she was super happy and asked if it was handmade, to which I replied it was and that a friend made it. I didn't say much to Rikyako other than thanks, and to Ainya I gave an "otsukare" and said she's cute. Forgot to show them my painted nails in their colors cause my mind went mostly blank as soon as I stepped behind the curtain hahaha

-The third song Mikku did at her mini live was Kimi ga Inakucha, but she announced it by the EN version name I Need You, which was great because people were real angry about that translation decision

-The audio levels in the masquerade after Mikku's live were way way too loud. I had to put earbuds in to block sound, i don't know how people got out of that without their ears bleeding from the volume. The actual event...eh. I cheered super loud for Feathers and that's about it. The MCs were awful

-The Lantis Matsuri live on Friday was amazing and anyone who ducked after GK did their main set was an idiot since the following acts were also amazing AND GK came back for collabs.
I went to the panel for that on Saturday and all the other acts were commenting on how popular GK is which made me feel bad for them. It was really obvious that majority of the crowd was there for them both at the concert and the panel

Ayy nice! Yeah, on the stream, I was glad to experience the other artists and get a feel for them even if it was mainly GK I was there for primarily.
I need to leave some feedback on the stream experience because hoo doggy it was subpar. Needed better audio, even if visual quality was pretty alright. The actual stream was like less than a quarter of the UI on desktop, with a bigger section below it to show... a "crowd" where you could see emoji being sent, and where you could send your selected emoji. The other column on the screen had a place to select your emoji (one of eight, 500 uses each) and on top of that next to the video, a chat with an interesting layout decision (newest message on top).
If they stream more events like that, they need to improve the UI. Most egregiously, you couldn't even set the video to fill your screen. I had to
code:

display:none;
almost everything but the video output, and even then, I zoomed in just to get a better view.

Also since I just realized you're here despite so many posts and I don't think you're in the adtrwcord, sup chum (this is zio)

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

graybook posted:

Also since I just realized you're here despite so many posts and I don't think you're in the adtrwcord, sup chum (this is zio)

Yeah, I wanted to send them an invite when they commented on my post in GSS, but forgot that ADTRWcord is a private server and admins gotta do that.

I def heard that the MAL Live viewer was pretty terrible from many people, and also that there was a stream rip up on nyaa within hours (360p natch). All the gifs made of the stream made it seem super low quality.

Made sure to thank Peter Tatara at Crew wrap up for all the hard work he put in getting the con off the ground and working the Rolodex to bring over so many amazing Japanese guests, and put in a thanks from all of you guys (and the rest of the people from my Discord servers) as well.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

So this happened right after Con:

Most URs I’ve seen in one pull...

After that, I also had a whale ticket that happened to work out as well:

And just yesterday, I whaled a bit more for packs, got nothing special, and then turned all the Ns I pulled into seals for the BTs. And it seemed to work out again:

My third pair UR, and 10th UR in 2 weeks, 13 in a month. October and November have been very good to me!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hate.

HATE.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
https://twitter.com/Yes_Cantaloupe/status/1200838414951702530
https://twitter.com/Yes_Cantaloupe/status/1200842385229516802

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Make that 14 URs in 2 months:

I added up all the money I spent on packs these two months (surrounded by cons as well), and it’s well over $225, which surprised the poo poo out of me. It all adds up, man.... 14 URs and more SSRs off of it, kinda going back and forth over whether it was worth or not, leaning towards yes at the moment.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Nov 30, 2019

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

That Karin UR really makes me want to get back into All Stars.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Whaled quite a bit right before Cyber Monday buying packs in SIF, just about $80 before tax. Loveca, tickets, and also Support members to level the 6! URs I got out of it, plus however many SSRs I got on the side. BTs too, letting me get my last UR there. 53 URs total now, 16 idolized, 5 Lims (4 idolized).

I’ve pulled 20 URs since the week before Halloween, so that’s about a month and a week or so, but in that same amount of time, I’ve spent maybe over $300 in SIF after taxes, and after adding it all up, I’m currently leaning slightly towards it being worth it, but going back and forth constantly.

My gacha luck in SIF is holding (plus that GK chuusen at ANYC), but it seems my other mobage luck isn’t too good in FGO and Starira (neither of which are relevant here, though I did get like another 3 4* Butai Shoujo in the latter after spending a bit yesterday as well).

No Lim URs even if I did do three pulls in the Muse Limited box (picking Nico, natch, though Spinzomi would’ve been nice too), but I did get a bunch out of the one Set boxes, and my 5th pair UR!:

Also idolized Devil Nico with Seals, now to bond them all...

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I put it off for so long, but it's time to talk about the Roselia x RAS live.

Holy poo poo, that was some good poo poo. On the list of all the lives I've been to, this one takes 2nd loving place, over Aqours in Seoul, over Aqours 5th Live, over Aqours in LA, over Macross Crossover, over Animax 2018, and over Roselia Wasser. The only live that tops it is Aqours 4th, which holds a lot of symbolic value to me and is pretty much the only live to make me truly weep (shed a few tears on the 5th live and the LV of the 3rd live, but LVs don't count). Like, I wasn't even loving planning to go to Roselia x RAS. I only did it cause my newfound lack of a job gave me a ton of empty time and I figured a trip to Japan would do me some good. And if my family hadn't been overseas for mid-November, then I would've gone to Animax 2019 instead, because Yokohama Arena is loving aces. I just want to emphasize how much of a loving coincidence it was that I ended up going to this live, and how it loving dominated despite being held at Makuhari Messe of all places.

My seats were utter poo poo in terms of stage view, probably the worst seats I'd ever gotten in my life. The section of seats I was in was literally the furthest in the back + right. The right corner. The saving grace was that I was in the second row of the section, and had a great view of the screen, cause they had additional screens set up at each end of the the midsection. And since I was in the second row, I didn't really have anyone obstructing my view of the screen (enough space was there between my section and the section in front).

However, this poo poo seating turned out to be a blessing in disguise, because my utter inability to see the stage meant that I completely gave up on seeing RAS or Roselia perform in person, and just focused entirely on the screen. So it was like being at a LV, only with like dozens times more people and way better sound and hype. Which allowed me to stay more focused on the performance itself, which meant less time fretting over whether or not I could see the performers.

I've mentioned multiple times that I really value immersion in a live, and this was achieved perfectly due to a number of factors. First is the aforementioned seating, which led to me prioritizing the live itself as opposed to worrying about the performers. Second was my familiarity with the songs, cause I listened to a bunch of Roselia and RAS during their lives. The only 2 times where I wasn't fully into it was when each band performed their new songs, because I knew nothing about the songs and was sorta out of it. Third was due to the lack of MCs and whatnot. There was very little talking, introductions were brief and direct, and otherwise it was just nonstop performing and singing, which meant that you were constantly hyped due to a lack of a cooldown period. And fourth, which has less to do with the live itself, was the fact that my foot was in a way better condition than it had been all summer. loving foot injury meant it was a pain in the rear end to remain standing up constantly then, especially with the lack of legroom you have in lives. It was the biggest issue I had during the Roselia Wasser live, and I had to sit down every once in a while cause of the pain.

Either way, this live was the first time I truly felt like I could just power through every song. Granted, it's the only time I've really been tested other than Animax 2018, which nearly wiped me out with nonstop performances and forced me to lean against my seat to give my knees some time to rest. Any amount of fatigue I felt during Roselia x RAS felt like small beans compared to the utter enjoyment I got from pushing myself past that fatigue.

I'm a Roselia stan, but wow, RAS loving knocked it out of the park. Like, it was something I noticed even back during the Bandori 7th live, but in terms of pure performance and skill, RAS sorta blows out all the other Bandori bands (all 2 of them). Granted, this is cause they are an actual band, but it's still loving amazing to see Rikopin loving lying down on the floor while playing the guitar, like god drat, that poo poo is so amazing. They don't just play the instruments, they loving perform. I talked about it before, but when Roselia performs, you really don't have much movement around the stage since everyone besides AiAi has instruments, which means only AiAi has any real range of movement. Yuki and Kudoharu do sometimes walk back and forth, but that's the extent of their motions. Meanwhile you have Rikopin doing crazy poo poo with the guitar, Reo playing with her back to the keyboards or dancing while playing the keyboards, and all that poo poo.

It says a lot that even though Roselia is my favorite band, the song that remained stuck in my mind for like a week after the concert was RAS's A DECLARATION OF xxxx, cause that particular performance left such an impact on me. I guess the nonstop performances also played a part in that fact, since a large part of the Roselia charm comes from the VAs talking and fooling around with one another.

Anyways, I know realize that I shouldn't skip any Bandori LVs, and I'm definitely buying the RAS x Roselia live when it comes out on BR.

God drat.

Still so good.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also gently caress you people.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
RAS is seriously amazing. I went to Heaven and Earth back in July which was an amazing experience.

Also, just got back from CharaExpo which was more like CursedExpo due to the massive amounts of line mismanagement on the first day. Was able to get autographs and face time from Natsume, Izumi Kitta, and Yukki, and won an artboard pre-signed by Meguchi.

Roselia live was the same setlist as Rausch und/and Craziness Day 2. They weren't in the best condition due to jet lag and some tech issues but it was still great. Nonchan's solo in Ringing Bloom gave me a full body shiver.

Aimi and Saechi did an acoustic mini live - learned that Saechi is the one who writes all the acoustic arrangements for them. The version of Kizuna Music they did brought a lot of people to tears.

Unfortunately for the RAS live, Tsumutsumu wasn't there, so the setlist was cut short and the some of the hypest songs weren't done. It was still a killer performance because like was said, RAS performs instead of just plays. It's like the instruments are an extension of their bodies with all the flourishes they're able to do.

In gacha related things, at dinner on Sunday a guy did a 10-pull in Bandori GBP and got three 4* cards so gently caress him. I'm saving for New Years dreamfest Lisa so don't wanna waste stars pulling randomly.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wish Nonchan had more singing parts, like, I heard her cover of Neo Aspect and god drat it's good. So different from her subdued Rinko voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewgwxG4Eu9E

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The one song I didn't really like was their cover of Don't Be Afraid because I keep comparing Raychelle's voice with Mimorin's and I just vastly prefer Mimorin's for a song like that.

Don't Be Afraid is literally my favorite Bandori song. And that was before I even knew it was Mimorin singing.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
And yeah a bud of mine who went to Chara said Kizuna Music made him cry and I'm like, drat, how loving good must that poo poo have been?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also for anyone not in the ADTRW Discord, here's an invite link!

https://discord.gg/DKA7X3

It's valid for a day!

We have an idol channel for idol talk! Mostly LL, Bandori, and iM@S, with some, uh, Aikatsu or whatever it is that the stream crew watches.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sorta regret not going to CE but on the other hand I've had enough California for a year. Maybe a decade. Also paying like a grand to see idols perform when I could just pay like $200 instead feels bad, man.

Kp
Aug 3, 2002

Lets drill

KariOhki posted:

RAS is seriously amazing. I went to Heaven and Earth back in July which was an amazing experience.

Also, just got back from CharaExpo which was more like CursedExpo due to the massive amounts of line mismanagement on the first day. Was able to get autographs and face time from Natsume, Izumi Kitta, and Yukki, and won an artboard pre-signed by Meguchi.

Roselia live was the same setlist as Rausch und/and Craziness Day 2. They weren't in the best condition due to jet lag and some tech issues but it was still great. Nonchan's solo in Ringing Bloom gave me a full body shiver.

Aimi and Saechi did an acoustic mini live - learned that Saechi is the one who writes all the acoustic arrangements for them. The version of Kizuna Music they did brought a lot of people to tears.

Unfortunately for the RAS live, Tsumutsumu wasn't there, so the setlist was cut short and the some of the hypest songs weren't done. It was still a killer performance because like was said, RAS performs instead of just plays. It's like the instruments are an extension of their bodies with all the flourishes they're able to do.

In gacha related things, at dinner on Sunday a guy did a 10-pull in Bandori GBP and got three 4* cards so gently caress him. I'm saving for New Years dreamfest Lisa so don't wanna waste stars pulling randomly.

Hey, I don't really post/lurk much on here nowadays but I got directed here after Zep told me he posted his review of Raukure and saw your post. Just wanted to say thanks for donating to all the flastas at CE this year. Popipa was definitely my favorite out of all the lives at CharaExpo but I'm biased since I kept comparing Roselia/RAS's performances to Raukure, which I went to the week prior.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kp posted:

Hey, I don't really post/lurk much on here nowadays but I got directed here after Zep told me he posted his review of Raukure and saw your post. Just wanted to say thanks for donating to all the flastas at CE this year. Popipa was definitely my favorite out of all the lives at CharaExpo but I'm biased since I kept comparing Roselia/RAS's performances to Raukure, which I went to the week prior.

Ch- Chex????

Kp
Aug 3, 2002

Lets drill

Oh hey you found me.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What sort of person has a SA name that's not the exact same name as their Discord name.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Sorta regret not going to CE but on the other hand I've had enough California for a year. Maybe a decade. Also paying like a grand to see idols perform when I could just pay like $200 instead feels bad, man.

see you at AX2020 zep

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

astr0man posted:

see you at AX2020 zep

Go to bed astro!!!!!

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008

Kp posted:

Haha, you're welcome! Best $190 I've dropped, every flasta looked amazing and there were lots of really creative themes.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
FRIENDSHIPS FORGED IN THE FIRES OF HELL OR HELL.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

But they didn't play Hell or Hell.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Please don't be a necklace!

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I was out and missed the link, oops.

Anyway, RAS kicks absolute rear end. They surpassed Afterglow for my favorite Bandori group REALLY quickly.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
NEW LINK.

https://discord.gg/pHuXYZ

I WILL POST AS MANY AS IT TAKES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Thanks bud, can't wait to lurk. Just like real ADTRW!