Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That was a quick turnaround.

duz posted:

hmm....

oh.

Here's a runthrough of this movie and folks

it's kinda wild

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgixaTuIe_8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I was under the impression that Paul Feig recently declared the Dark Universe as alive and well and just in a different form than originally planned because of his Dark Army film coming out next year.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

After the runaway smash success of the Ghostbusters universe started by Feig's Ghostbusters: Answer the Call, I can see why Universal would tap him to take the third stab at getting the Dark Universe up and running.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The Dark Universe failed because it lacked the true protagonists of the Universal Monster universe

Abbot and Costello

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I still don't know why they chose Feig to direct the Ghostbusters movie, he had absolutely no prior experiences with special effects and big set pieces. He was known for smaller comedies. Unless "Can direct women" is the only requirement that movie had.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Who the gently caress wants a Paul Feig monster movie?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I still don't know why they chose Feig to direct the Ghostbusters movie, he had absolutely no prior experiences with special effects and big set pieces. He was known for smaller comedies. Unless "Can direct women" is the only requirement that movie had.

I mean, neither did Ivan Reitman

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
It's wild how dumb Hollywood executives are. Make your monster movie a monster movie! They're cheap! They'd rather spend 100 million with the rare hope of tripling it than spend 10 million and guaranteeing a nice profit.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Teenage Fansub posted:

It's new. No Johnny Depp. No Dark Universe™.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSBsNeYqh-k

This seems like the basis for a decent psychological thriller, but of course they spoil it in the trailer showing that yes there IS an invisible man, and no she’s not crazy.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Yeah you could make a decent 5-10 million dollar horror film out of most of the Universal Monsters and be basically guaranteed to at least make all your money back even if it bombed hard.

Or you could make a huge action blockbuster with a lot of star power making it so that it needs to be a huge hit as not to be a massive loss.

It's amazing that it took them like three attempts at the latter to realize it was stupid and just make monster movies out of their monster movie franchise.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

let talented young horror directors do their own original low to mid budget takes on the classic monsters, completely separate from each other.

And then hire the Russo brothers to do a crossover where they all fight Tom Cruise.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

beanieson posted:

This seems like the basis for a decent psychological thriller, but of course they spoil it in the trailer showing that yes there IS an invisible man, and no she’s not crazy.

A movie called The Invisible Man which features an invisible man? The devil you say! Next you'll be saying that The Exorcist features a character that is an exorcist!

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

I mean, neither did Ivan Reitman

Reitman was familiar with special effects from starting out with David Cronenberg - including producing a stage show about an alcoholic magician (that Cronenberg wrote! And Howard Shore scored!) - and I want to say grew up as a fan of stage magic and illusions, giving him a massive leg up on how to integrate something fake with something real and have no one be the wiser, especially compared to Feig, who came up through acting and improv.

He also literally shot just what the script had down, sometimes being locked to only getting one or two takes for certain scenes thanks to the extremely accelerated pace the movie had to shoot at since they announced a release date before shooting. Murray’s seemingly endless improv is just him giving an incredible performance that seems like 75% of his lines are ad-libs.

That and literally some real legends of the fx industry worked on Ghostbusters, from Robert Edlund (who worked on Poltergeist’s ghosts a couple years earlier) to Steve Johnson (who later designed the animatronic Doc Ock arms from Spider-Man 2 among like a dozen other classic things) to Randy Cook (who would win three Academy Awards in a row for work on Lord of The Rings). The 2016 one was rather... anonymous in comparison, since most of the work was done in-house at Sony Imageworks.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I figured someone was gonna do that, but yet I did not resist to post.

Oh well. You learn something every day.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJtkEUn3ZjM

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

New sonic looks ok

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Vagabundo posted:

A movie called The Invisible Man which features an invisible man? The devil you say! Next you'll be saying that The Exorcist features a character that is an exorcist!

Well yeah the title obviously tips it’s hat, my point was that the actual feel of the film (at least from the trailer) seems like it could go either way until they just show the ending.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Bosslogic/status/1193016656861126657

The loving Strange in the corner.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

It's a fake according to BSS.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Alas.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

It's also way too early for promos of the third movie to be coming out, considering they might not even have a script yet.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Bosslogic is a professional artist known for making fan art and posters. He has been hired to make official ones though.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Even if fake, I still got a chuckle out it. :D

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Cythereal posted:

Obviously, it's not a collage of costume test photos.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Strange is loving stoned and about to try to prick his finger on that skyscraper

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

BonoMan posted:

Strange is loving stoned and about to try to prick his finger on that skyscraper

It's all green, meaning Loki has cursed him to prick his finger and sleep forever unless someone kiss Strange.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Proteus Jones posted:

As a kid I remember a full sized add in the newspaper consisting of the third image. I was absolutely terrified.

When I was a bit older I rented it. Was not impressed.
The Prophecy owns and has one of the best scenes in cinematic history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8Sr_VBZNKo

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Cythereal posted:

No way!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Hedenius posted:

The Prophecy owns and has one of the best scenes in cinematic history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8Sr_VBZNKo

It's a good scene.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lmao

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

If you’re a man and view this on a phone/screen then your face appears to be the thing Moss is terrified of, which might be unintentionally genius.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Women famously don't have reflections

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

AWAD.

All women are Draculas.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

The MSJ posted:

Bosslogic is a professional artist known for making fan art and posters. He has been hired to make official ones though.

I followed him way back in the day on deviant art, it’s awesome that things worked out so well for him.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Inzombiac posted:

It's also way too early for promos of the third movie to be coming out, considering they might not even have a script yet.

Yeah, about that...

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Jedit posted:

Yeah, about that...

FYI this is one of those official posters Bosslogic made.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Except the Rock and DC posted it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

Except the Rock and DC posted it.

He did in fact make it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

At full size it'll be fine but on my phone that really looks like Dave Bautista as Black Adam.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Nov 15, 2019