Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Angry_Ed posted:

That makes the NYT spin on it even worse, really. But thank you for clarifying

???

Zucman isn’t affiliated with the study at all. He was asked about it for the article and said it is poo poo.

Edit: nvm i must have read your post wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

AmiYumi posted:

Oooh, #awkward! :rolleyes:

These people know that they’re evil. A crowd of poors dressed as handmaidens is their jerk-off material.

Last time I was at one of these, we stormed the building, spat in their faces, and got out while they were trapped in a security lockdown and scared shitless.

#awkward, gently caress off with that weak poo poo

:agreed: Your protest should, at the very least, inconvenience someone in power imo.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/1195138037468016644
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1195138275947745280

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Trump's Dilbert tie.

tokyo reject
Jun 12, 2019

when she's tryin to slide into your dm's but you wanna talk about a better america

Jaxyon posted:

It's funny because of the unbelievable human suffering Blankfien had caused but also a lady said some dumb racist poo poo about her cheekbones once.

Is it seriously a new purity test to not chuckle at a clever play on words, even if it comes from a ghoul?

Like, as a Bernie fanatic, DSA meeting attending, phone banking, life long service industry working, person who has lasting medical problems because I couldn't access healthcare leftist, I'll vote Warren if that's the hand we're dealt here as the Dem nom.

It was a funny jab. It's OK to chuckle at something for a few seconds before snapping back to reality. jfc

Sub Par
Jul 18, 2001

Dinosaur Gum

tokyo reject posted:

Is it seriously a new purity test to not chuckle at a clever play on words, even if it comes from a ghoul?

Like, as a Bernie fanatic, DSA meeting attending, phone banking, life long service industry working, person who has lasting medical problems because I couldn't access healthcare leftist, I'll vote Warren if that's the hand we're dealt here as the Dem nom.

It was a funny jab. It's OK to chuckle at something for a few seconds before snapping back to reality. jfc
When the clever turn of phrase is....... racism? Nah, it's not ok.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

tokyo reject posted:

Stop

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

tokyo reject posted:

I disagree, it's a dumb and obvious joke from an evil person who's pretending he's Not Mad about losing some of his ridiculous wealth. It's punching downward.

Cheers!

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

Most Fed Soc people definitely do not consider themselves evil, and rather think they're rational and honest while others are misguided.

Don't assume that all villains see themselves as such.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
The "tribalism" thing is a clever pun, but it's not a clever burn because it doesn't actually say anything about Warren's character or history except that she's possibly somewhat less than perfectly white.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Congrats to the newest members of the Trump SCOTUS shortlist

https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1195126527278669824

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Nobody sees themselves as a villain except megalomaniac loons like Bannon

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

FlamingLiberal posted:

the real question is, which of these three won the mexican standoff?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

haveblue posted:

Nobody sees themselves as a villain except megalomaniac loons like Bannon

Remember when Bannon compared himself favorably to Robespierre? Lmao

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

FlamingLiberal posted:

...failed attempt to visit a strip club? I.. what? the article does not elaborate and I am so confused.

e: oh I read the linked opinion and when they got there it was closed :ms:

ewiley fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Nov 15, 2019

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

ewiley posted:

...failed attempt to visit a strip club? I.. what? the article does not elaborate and I am so confused.

They got kicked out. Too chuddy

tokyo reject
Jun 12, 2019

when she's tryin to slide into your dm's but you wanna talk about a better america

Jaxyon posted:

I disagree, it's a dumb and obvious joke from an evil person who's pretending he's Not Mad about losing some of his ridiculous wealth. It's punching downward.

Cheers!

This makes sense, and I was in the wrong here. I really didn't give it the depth of consideration it deserved, and some of my frustration at Warren as a candidate slipped through. I really do apologize for making GBS threads up the thread. Honestly getting called out and subsequently questioning some of my statements or patterns of thinking are things that have kept me reading D&D for years. So yeah, unequivocally sorry for my garbage posts there.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1195136338510499840

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
Don’t Let Republicans Pretend Ukraine Was A One Off
crooked.com/Nov.12.19
"They have been reluctant to widen the scope of the inquiry because capturing public attention and holding it for weeks on end is difficult, particularly in the Trump era. Indeed, President Trump has escaped accountability for an astonishing number of scandals by exploiting this very difficulty—the sheer volume of his unacceptable behavior has overwhelmed the public’s capacity to fully grapple with any single outrage."

["This hearing was boring!"]

Elon Musk says Brexit made him decide against Tesla electric car Gigafactory in UK
independent.co.uk/1 day ago
'"Electric car pioneer Elon Musk has picked Germany for his new factory because of Brexit, embarrassing Boris Johnson as he prepares to pledge a “clean-energy revolution”.

The prime minister is due to make a televised speech at an electric-car plant in the West Midlands – but the visit risks being overshadowed by Mr Musk’s change of heart.

At an award ceremony in Germany, the entrepreneur announced: “We’ve decided to put the Tesla Gigafactory Europe in the Berlin area.”'

[Dumpster fire cat fight.]

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

FlamingLiberal posted:

the first couple times i saw this come up i assume the judges had shot one another

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/1195099116994547717?s=20

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

He's right though

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

GOP is going to lose govenor race :lol:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Skex posted:

The problems we face are a matter of distribution not growth. Growth is necessary unless we can reduce population. Economic growth isn't just fat cat bank accounts, it's food production, housing, clothing, medical care

Is it though? Hard to argue that growth in luxury condo development, farmed caviar, or the US health industry results in more housing, food, or medical care. You could totally have growth with no useful goods or services being produced. The tulip craze is the classic example.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I mean, he probably knows all about prison murders staged to look like suicides. Perhaps we can get MBS and Putin to weigh in as well?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

i mean, if anyone knows about slaughtering imprisoned people,

Angry_Ed posted:

I mean, he probably knows all about prison murders staged to look like suicides. Perhaps we can get MBS and Putin to weigh in as well?

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

I'll be glad when this is over and Rispone fucks off. Tired of hearing that mush mouth moron talk about how great a governor he will be without actually saying how he'll do it. Such an awful person.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer
Tax:

https://i.imgur.com/qtiRE9k.mp4

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Did we decide yet if there will be a separate thread for (tomorrow's) impeachment hearings? I'd vote quietly for here is good enough.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Otteration posted:

Did we decide yet if there will be a separate thread for (tomorrow's) impeachment hearings? I'd vote quietly for here is good enough.

Nothing else was actually happening while the hearings were going on so I don’t know why people were complaining about it.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

Where to start

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

TulliusCicero posted:

NOTHING SUSPICIOUS HERE:

https://twitter.com/mattzap/status/1195117603733327872?s=19

lol Barr is going to make a dumb insane partisan russia report that 40% of the country will buy anyway, while the rest of the country calls them morons like usual

I have to ask, do they really think that 40% will ever leave? Is it really worth focusing all your efforts on keeping you cult level of devotion followers faithful every minute of every day?

They aren't enough to win elections. It's been proven multiple times in the past few years now

I think it's less to convince the choir and more to confuse as much of the public as possible. Lay on as much gaslighting as possible to turn people off into both-sides land and disengage voters.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Arglebargle III posted:

Is it though? Hard to argue that growth in luxury condo development, farmed caviar, or the US health industry results in more housing, food, or medical care. You could totally have growth with no useful goods or services being produced. The tulip craze is the classic example.

Yeah it is, the luxury markets you are talking about are a tiny mostly irrelevant part of the larger economy. Part of the reason why these rear end in a top hat billionaires have so much paper wealth is because there isn't much that they can spend it on.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Fallom posted:

Nothing else was actually happening while the hearings were going on so I don’t know why people were complaining about it.

Posts without context as to what was going on as the hearing was ongoing was a slog but most did an ok job of filling in context after one of the mods said to knock it off. As long as people remember that some of us can’t watch it live due to work or other reasons that’s helpful.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's really amazing that this story actually manages to surpass it's headline.

Imagine being the 4th judge in the story, whose entire roll in this insanity is:

quote:

A fourth judge went into the White Castle

Nothing about how they got there, how drunk they were, or their interactions with anything. They appeared from the ether to walk through a White Castle door, and then immediately returned to the ether.

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.
https://mobile.twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/1195159724901183488

It’s still nice to see these fucks be eaten by their own.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1195156428123758593

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

ewiley posted:

e: oh I read the linked opinion and when they got there it was closed :ms:

One time a friend and I went to one and as we were arriving a guy was shooting about not being let in and threatened to come back with a gun and shoot everyone. We asked the bouncer what was up and apparently they told him he couldn't bring his dog or bag of groceries in with him.

So I figure that was a failed attempt to visit a strip club.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

The idiot dentist failson from Syria has a stronger grasp on American politics than our actual politicians, our country sucks lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Gyges posted:

It's really amazing that this story actually manages to surpass it's headline.

Imagine being the 4th judge in the story, whose entire roll in this insanity is:

Nothing about how they got there, how drunk they were, or their interactions with anything. They appeared from the ether to walk through a White Castle door, and then immediately returned to the ether.

Not charged with attempted murder?

quote:

Kaiser, who allegedly shot Adams and Jacobs, has been charged with 14 crimes related to the brawl, including four charges of felony aggravated battery, according to The Indianapolis Star.