Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Ratjaculation posted:

it'l be words like 'traitors'

they'll cause more bloodshed

I'm about 100% sure that the Mail will call for civil disobedience and then hold up some gammon as martyrs when they get done for tax evasion or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/tezilyas/status/1195164599500312576?s=19

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Johnson is honestly just the loving worst interviewee. Literally every one he has is immediately fact checked and found out to be completely untrue.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Following on from the Labour migrants video, this is a good piece about the hollowness of the liberal argument someone posted on facebook.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

EvilHawk posted:

Johnson is honestly just the loving worst interviewee. Literally every one he has is immediately fact checked and found out to be completely untrue.

Unfortunately if you get your lies out first more people will hear and believe it even after corrections are issued.

Its why the police always get their statements to the press as a top priority when they've killed someone.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Payndz posted:

Wonder how the "who's going to pay for it all Jermy?" crowd would react if Labour's spending was paid for in exactly the same way the banks were bailed out to the tune of £375 billion - by magicing it up out of literally nothing at the click of a mouse. Quantitative Easing didn't seem to cause any inflationary problems, after all, so that's one of the big arguments against printing money countered.

True, and I guess Mark Blyth's solid argument.

Unless the bailout didn't cause inflation because no actual value was gained for society in general, but the money mostly disappeared into covering hidden debts and stashed away in offshore accounts. Because that wouldn't neceasarily inflate an economy, the money never went back into circulation.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Thoughts on whether it's intentional that everyone in this image is a blond ubermensch? What do we think of the pure-white rabbit and the poppy tsunami?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

namesake posted:

I'm about 100% sure that the Mail will call for civil disobedience and then hold up some gammon as martyrs when they get done for tax evasion or something.

Right wingers don't do martyrs, because actual consequences terrify them.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

He's such a loving baby. The ease with which he just loses his poo poo at the slightest provocation is positively Trumpian

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/nickdearden75/status/1195286890599067648?s=20

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Braggart posted:

Thoughts on whether it's intentional that everyone in this image is a blond ubermensch?
It looks like an image made by alternate dimension Black supremacists to mock Anglos.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

https://twitter.com/mynnoj/status/1195264964174471168?s=20

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Braggart posted:

Thoughts on whether it's intentional that everyone in this image is a blond ubermensch? What do we think of the pure-white rabbit and the poppy tsunami?

Love that side bar. As if any addiction isn't a mental illness

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

oof

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The Indy just put out a great article for the 'but how are they going to pay for it' crowd, so feel free to splash it all over the place.

quote:

The nationalisation of water, energy grids and the Royal Mail would save UK households £7.8 billion a year and pay for itself within seven years, according to new academic research.

A report by Greenwich University’s Public Service International Research Unit put the total cost of compensation to private sector owners at just £49.7 billion – around a quarter of the widely-quoted £196 billion price tag calculated by the CBI last month, which also covered rail.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

EvilHawk posted:

He's learnt from the Trump playbook that it literally doesn't matter if you lie because the press will parrot it and the people will believe it anyway.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

NewMars posted:

So, if there's a Labor majority, what are people betting on for headlines?

Personally, I favor "Comrade Corybn to Gulag Nation."

Nick Carter To Ensure Corbin Non Starter

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

joke's on you; I actually love being bodyslammed by one dozen private companies. and my mouth isn't filled with bloodm, it's victory wine

- the UK, every time

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Barry Foster posted:

Love that side bar. As if any addiction isn't a mental illness
I'd class it more as a symptom. People with bipolar or some other forms of mania and hypomania can end up getting addicted to things like gambling and online shopping, but I'd be very wary of considering the symptoms themselves mental illness.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
These debates can't come soon enough. Corbyn is going to come with absolutely baller policies, actual stats and research on how to achieve them and will be given airtime to state all this clearly, while Joris is just going to bluster and choke because his lovely party offers nothing. I really cannot see how this could go another way.

Of course all the papers will call them a draw or whatever but if they can get out raw Labour policies on tv, it's absolutely a good thing.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
God help me im getting optimistic!!

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The papers won't call them a draw. They'll call Corbyn delusional in an attempt to gaslight the nation out of any positive ideas of the future, saying Boris has the realistic ideas.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

namesake posted:

Unfortunately if you get your lies out first more people will hear and believe it even after corrections are issued.

Its why the police always get their statements to the press as a top priority when they've killed someone.

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

He's learnt from the Trump playbook that it literally doesn't matter if you lie because the press will parrot it and the people will believe it anyway.

I'm not convinced it is working though. The press here seem perfectly happy calling him out on his lies and bullshit. The US press still refuse to say that Trump has lied about anything.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/scattermoon/status/1195292579430096896

New labor more like.

Poo Laber

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Aphex- posted:

These debates can't come soon enough. Corbyn is going to come with absolutely baller policies, actual stats and research on how to achieve them and will be given airtime to state all this clearly, while Joris is just going to bluster and choke because his lovely party offers nothing. I really cannot see how this could go another way.

Of course all the papers will call them a draw or whatever but if they can get out raw Labour policies on tv, it's absolutely a good thing.

He's going to get asked dumbass questions about :

Antisemitism
Why he won't nuke the browns
Something about the IRA
Why he won't work with the Lib Dems

And we'll all get cranky.

HorseLord
Aug 26, 2014

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Sinclair made calculators and watches on the cheap, it was Alan Sugar who made cheap stereos and completely hosed up Sinclair once he got his spiv hands on it.

No, that's not true. Sinclair made stereos. It was their longest business.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Wrap it up nationailures.

https://twitter.com/ChukaUmunna/status/1195280253817630720?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

my only real memory about sinclair is nearly every robot in robot wars using the C5 motor

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Jeremy says he's going to nationalise the electricity grid but how exactly is he going to personally deliver all the electrons to everyone's house, it's just not realistic, more fantasy policy from labour

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Jeremy says he's going to nationalise the electricity grid but how exactly is he going to personally deliver all the electrons to everyone's house, it's just not realistic, more fantasy policy from labour

why do you think hes also nationalising royal mail

you idoit

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

I think we're winning, if "the PM would be a bad network engineer" is their comeback.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I am so glad that umunna is contesting a safe tory seat

I want him to gently caress off forever

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Bobstar posted:

I think we're winning, if "the PM would be a bad network engineer" is their comeback.

maybe he could get wiring tips from the IRA!!!

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

RockyB posted:

Lmfao, yeah Boris. We know that you aren't financially supporting the many, many bastards and by-blows you refuse to talk about ya wee oval office.

E: There will be no headlines, Comrade Corbyn will send the Levenson goon squads round tout suite to make sure of it.

I don't want to kinkshame but voluntarily having sex with BoJo is really out there.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
How very coincidental that the Tories and LibDems are saying the exact same thing in response 🤔

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Bobstar posted:

The epic retort from the Tories

quote:

Ed Vaizey, the former Conservative minister for broadband, told the Today programme that he thought Labour’s plan for free broadband was “crazy”. He explained:

quote:

It will end up costing taxpayers a huge amount of money and I suspect it will delay the rollout of super fast broadband hugely. I think they will achieve completely the opposite effect ...

I think there’s a difference between government investing strategically where there is market failure, and I’ll acknowledge that in some areas there is market failure
, and a wholesale nationalisation of the telecoms network.

Australia have tried the sort of nationalisation approach with their broadband network, it’s been a ten-year project, it’s gone three times over-budget from $15bn dollars to $45/51bn dollars, and it’s meant that Australia has dropped down the broadband rankings.

"Okay we hosed it, but uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhstralia"

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnoYCvtNxPk

Live announcement from Corbyn, expected to be the broadband announcement.

e: Also if anyone feels like delivering owns to anti-freebroadband idiots
https://twitter.com/D_Raval/status/1195269298614362113

NinpoEspiritoSanto fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Nov 15, 2019

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Anyone got that list of things Lab have done to combat AS handy?

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Boris Johnson's response after being asked how normal swamp dwelling proles could possibly relate to the World King is fantastic.

https://twitter.com/hardcastIe/status/1195267953610149888

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

i don't think any of those have nationalized internet provision? it's more a testament to the leapfrog effect than anything