Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

there was one last year where the only funny bit was 5 seconds long - bryan asking who granny had been watching this week and her replying "Chris... Benoit!" and the air just getting sucked right out of the room. But they went ahead and left in her entire report even though nothing else funny happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Will there be a black Friday sale?

When is black Friday?

What were Dave's ratings for Full Gear?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

ICHIBAHN posted:

Will there be a black Friday sale?

When is black Friday?

What were Dave's ratings for Full Gear?

Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving, so that’s the 29th this year.

Ratings are:

Baker-Priestly: 1.75
Ortiz & Santana-Young Bucks: 4.25
Hangman-Pac: 4.25
Spears-Janela: 3.25
SCU-Lucha Bros-Private Party: 4
Riho-Emi: 4
Jericho-Cody: 4.5
Moxley-Omega: 4.5

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

4.5 stars is pretty generous for a match that bryan and dave were both apparently sobbing at and demanding be banned or whatever everyone was mad about

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Cheers lads

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

projecthalaxy posted:

4.5 stars is pretty generous for a match that bryan and dave were both apparently sobbing at and demanding be banned or whatever everyone was mad about

They’re not telling anyone, but the rating for that match is secretly out of 10

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Karmine posted:

The biggest WO/F4W top 50 disgrace is the year where Dave’s “donmuracodonmuracodonmuracodonmuraco” short circuit didn’t even make the list.

What was this?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

extradite THIS! posted:

This is the first time I listened to you dudes and I enjoyed it :) I like the chill, friendly vibe. Seeing as you cover the stuff I'm actually interested in, I added the podcast to my favorites on Stitcher.

Also I watched the bean pizza video and am hugely upset now thanks a lot

Thanks amigo, glad you enjoyed it! The bean pizza is very upsetting especially since it's deep dish and NuclearPotato is from Chicago. He was not happy.

We do a weekly episode plus special stuff like interviews or breaking news. We typically cover NJPW, AEW the most plus Lucha and various Indies. If you have any suggestions or stuff you want to hear covered feel free to hit me up on PMs.

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Nov 15, 2019

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

projecthalaxy posted:

Dave got over it because he realised how much the live crowd was into it, and got more sleep after having watched New Japan.

Bryan did not get over it because Bryan never gets over anything.

Delete the Sky
Apr 21, 2014

I'm listening to this Outback clip and good god I'm glad Bryan actually figured out how to EQ his voice because he sounds nasal as gently caress

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bryan has figured out a lot of audio stuff, mostly by buying some new bit of equipment every few months that he then has no idea what to do with. Hence why he now has actual producers.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Anyone know what he uses to talk with people remotely? Dave and Granny sound like they are in the same room as him, with no real latency to speak of either.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

IIRC he uses skype

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
Didn't he mention something about getting a dedicated line run to Dave's house?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

They definitely got a dedicated setup for Dave, because compared to how it used to be when he was always using a phone it's night and day.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Davros1 posted:

What was this?

I don’t even remember what it was but basically Dave realized that there was something he wanted to say about Don Muraco and he started the conversation by saying his name really fast like eight times.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

People (rightly) mock Bryan for being a bit of a dumb audiophile at times, but I do have to say when he isn't running the shows the audio quality takes a pretty significant drop, and listening to other podcasts can be a nightmare after listening to WOL/R.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

People (rightly) mock Bryan for being a bit of a dumb audiophile at times, but I do have to say when he isn't running the shows the audio quality takes a pretty significant drop, and listening to other podcasts can be a nightmare after listening to WOL/R.
I used to find this if I finished a Bryan podcast and started into an Attitude Era podcast, the drop-off was insane

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

I used to find this if I finished a Bryan podcast and started into an Attitude Era podcast, the drop-off was insane

What did you expect for a podcast recorded during the Attitude Era

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

They had podcasts in 2000?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
if they would put a webcam or something in Dave's house and do video of WOR like they do with the B&V show I might actually buy their dumb video service

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pollyanna posted:

They had podcasts in 2000?

realmedia. took 2 hours download 3 minutes of audio.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Bryan and Dave were doing eyadda back then

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I miss Winamp

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Low Desert Punk posted:

if they would put a webcam or something in Dave's house and do video of WOR like they do with the B&V show I might actually buy their dumb video service

i'd totally throw down for a month of f4w video if it meant watching dave mumble softly to himself as he dug through his paperwork.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

coconono posted:

realmedia. took 2 hours download 3 minutes of audio.

So many terrible memories rushing back.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Karmine posted:

I don’t even remember what it was but basically Dave realized that there was something he wanted to say about Don Muraco and he started the conversation by saying his name really fast like eight times.

That's amazing.

It's basically a human version of "File Not Found"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Big Huski Boi posted:

I miss Winamp

it really whipped the llama's rear end

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

winamp works fine, traitorous dogs

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Agreed, kefin is rotten as gently caress

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I moved to Foobar like a decade ago but Winamp still holds good memories

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I honestly dont remember if I got free DVDs/CD's from listening to Eyada or something else around that time

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Very much enjoyed Vinny's freudian slip during the AEW review where he seemed to think P&P were beating up the Hardy Boys.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Buffering... Buffering... Buffering... Buffering... A codec is required to play this file.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

I Before E posted:

I moved to Foobar like a decade ago but Winamp still holds good memories

I mostly miss the MilkDrop visualizer

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

dsriggs posted:

Buffering... Buffering... Buffering... Buffering... A codec is required to play this file.

:fuckoff:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

dsriggs posted:

Me in 2005 downloading TNA Impact from their website on a friend's internet.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Many years ago, I watched the Star Wars Holiday Special via a horrendously low-quality RealMedia file and ended up with the worst headache I've ever had in my life. I don't know if the headache was caused by the quality of the special itself or the audiovisual quality of the file, but my guess is both.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

shoplifter posted:

I don't know about Dave, but I know Bryan had two lines run to his house just for WOL. He also overpayed for it tremendously for years. One of the best bits last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

shoplifter posted:

They use some of TieLine's codec boxes, which I *think* are IP-based and wouldn't require dedicated ISDN lines or anything like that?