Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Canuck-Errant posted:

e: comedy option: write a letter to the editor of the Ottawa Citizen, they haven't published any angry screeds about VAC in months! MONTHS!

You joke, but I am considering non-violent protest in order to get arrested and have "Veterans affairs have veteran looking for missing payment arrested" in the headlines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

My Spirit Otter posted:

You joke, but I am considering non-violent protest in order to get arrested and have "Veterans affairs have veteran looking for missing payment arrested" in the headlines.

Before you go getting yourself arrested, do contact your MP and consider putting in a VEF app or talking to the Legion. I'd rather those funds go to someone who needs them than wind up as 'efficiencies' when March rolls around and the government decides they need to claw it back for whatever budget item needs paying for. Or worse.*

Plus, maybe someday they'll actually fund staffing if we shovel enough money out the door

* not for discussion in a public forum, since I'm technically still employed by the department

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Namaste. But I'd rather burn it to the loving ground

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Great, can't wait to file a report with the Military Police regarding a potential bomb threat.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer

My Spirit Otter posted:

bud if you came here to bitch then that's all fine and dandy but don't phrase your bitching in the form of a question

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

My Spirit Otter posted:

I needed the money 2 weeks ago, I'm doubly hosed in 2 weeks time and the ombudsman said everything was a-ok.

I think it's time to plant a bomb.

My Spirit Otter posted:

Can you loving not?

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
If it were a Phoenix issue, CBC could fix your problem in three days!

gently caress Phoenix, seriously. I'm still waiting for my last paycheque from a contract I finished over two years ago.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

If it were a Phoenix issue, CBC could fix your problem in three days!

gently caress Phoenix, seriously. I'm still waiting for my last paycheque from a contract I finished over two years ago.

I know someone who hasn't been paid for uhh.. a while...

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

MFers owe me several thousand in back pay from 2014 and 2015. It was supposed to be paid in Feb. Waiting on the class action grievance. Wish we on the civvy side had an ombudsman

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
But then heads would roll and poo poo would get done :confused:

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Uh my spirit otter you don't happen to live in the GTA do you?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

It's nice to read stories like these, it really reinforces the "gently caress you if you're still in" motto of GiP

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/nati...ted-sex-assault

tl;dr female soldier gets sexually assaulted, confides in fellow soldier who accompanies her to MPs, gives report. Raped soldier is considered "unreliable witness" and other soldier is blacklisted by his command, going all the way up to CDS.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

And that's how many years after that independent investigation by... I think she was a judge, but it concluded the CF is essentially a professional sexual assault training program, and the brass all fell over themselves saying they'll change? Hopefully PM Brownface purges some officers over this at least. poo poo's seemingly as endemic as ten years ago when WOs were throwing around slurs like we were down on the ranch in Alabama.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

MA-Horus posted:

It's nice to read stories like these, it really reinforces the "gently caress you if you're still in" motto of GiP

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/nati...ted-sex-assault

tl;dr female soldier gets sexually assaulted, confides in fellow soldier who accompanies her to MPs, gives report. Raped soldier is considered "unreliable witness" and other soldier is blacklisted by his command, going all the way up to CDS.

gently caress sakes. I can't believe they're trying to hang him with a travel claim of all things.

Thoth!
Apr 28, 2014

gently caress sakes. I can't believe they're trying to hang him with a travel claim of all things.

Lol before I read the article I thought you meant they were trying to get the rapey shitbird on a travel claim because MPs are too stupid to properly investigate a sexual harassment case. In hindsight I have no idea why I assumed the CAF was competent enough to try charging the right person.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I mean, I've been out the better part of a decade and that story could have been written when I was in. At least they're doing the courtesy of actually "investigating" now and not just looking the other way entirely.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

First day of work yesterday, seems like a nice place to work. Hand nearly fell off from paperwork.

I get the impression that there is potentially a lot more work available than the one night a week/one weekend a month deal.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

With the reserves once you get your foot in you can often get Class B or even C work depending on your unit and interests, although maybe not Class C so much now that Afghanistan is over with. Even as Class A you can still do a lot, you just need to make sure you don't work too many days in the training year.

Lassitude fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Dec 6, 2019

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

Reposting this from the Get Help thread.

If you're feeling hosed up, use the CF Member's Assistance Program (CFMAP). I'm seeing a therapist through the program and it was a piece of cake to set up, and neither the base MIR nor my CoC have any information or knowledge of my therapy situation unless I decide I want them to.

You can use it, your spouse/partner can use it, your kids can use it, all without needing you to be present. You can attend couples counseling with your spouse through the MAP. You can see short term therapy for if you're having problems focusing, addiction, grief, PTSD, can't sleep, anything that's giving you difficulty that isn't a physical ailment and isn't getting any better, call the MAP.

Please call the MAP. "Crisis" is not necessarily an immediate thing - even if you're feeling hosed up long-term but you're able to manage to maintain an appearance of function, you may be in crisis. You don't have to struggle alone. Please use the MAP.

CFMAP phone 1-800-268-7708

This line is manned 24/7/365, by a bilingual civilian agent. Please don't be afraid to ask for help. Calling costs nothing and nobody has to know if you don't want them to.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Anyone here now eligible for something to put beside their CD thanks to BLINGFORGEN, as the cool kids have now taken to calling it?

e. ALso do you think "Sergeant" Franck Gervais would have gotten away with it today in a post-beardforgen world? His facial hair is better than most of the ones I see.

Guest2553 fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jan 16, 2020

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Wasn't he wearing the infanteer sash on the wrong shoulder?

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

The sgt sash was on the wrong side, yeah, among a litany of other things. Plus his beret still had the liner in it. So, y'know, junk troop.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Just card people. Can't fake being a veteran when you can only get one by being vetted by the government :shrug:

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Just card people. Can't fake being a veteran when you can only get one by being vetted by the government :shrug:

"excuse me sir, i need to see a CFone card as proof you are a veteran"

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Canuck-Errant posted:

"excuse me sir, i need to see a CFone card as proof you are a veteran"

Its called a Veteran's Service Card and/or NDI 75, nerd.

:reject:

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Why yes I did pass BMQ and then quit my reserve unit, why do you ask

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Lassitude posted:

Why yes I did pass BMQ and then quit my reserve unit, why do you ask

Congratulations, here is your flashy piece of plastic with a photo of you on it.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

As someone who is bad about dress and deportment (terribad), I believe people should be able to dress however they want. From Stolen valour to CWO.

Do what makes you feel good.

This is why I'm a terrible NCO.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

Hizawk posted:

As someone who is bad about dress and deportment (terribad), I believe people should be able to dress however they want. From Stolen valour to CWO.

Do what makes you feel good.

This is why I'm a terrible NCO.

This is the style of leadership I want in my CoC

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

:same:

As long as your beret doesn't look like a muffin we can hang.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Tilt your wedge to the RIGHT. It's why God gave you an EAR! :argh:

Edit: I kind of wish my day was spent shovelling snow in Newfoundland. Seems less stressful.

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jan 21, 2020

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Edit: I kind of wish my day was spent shovelling snow in Newfoundland. Seems less stressful.

I'm sure Toronto will get enough snow to justify sending the army in again, one of these days

imagine: LSVWs with snowplows welded to the front

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Lsvws clogging the streets of Toronto when they stall out trying to move 6 inches of snow

10 years later my hatred of those things is still strong.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer

MA-Horus posted:

Lsvws clogging the streets of Toronto when they stall out trying to move 6 inches of snow

Such a pessimist. When the fuel-fired heaters catch fire, the burning diesel trails will keep the streets clear for hours - and the burning carcass will keep an intersection free of snow for days!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Badge to the sky, hell yeah. That velvet strip inside is for grip!

Also, for the love of god, pop some safety pins inside the folds or something for when the single loop of stitching inevitably bursts.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Just buy a belgian beret and rip the lining out

bing bong so simple now you don't look like a moron with an ear entirely covered like the americans

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I don't think wedgequette could ever make sense to non-RCAF pers. There's a rich history of perching your weird rectangular cap as far to the side as possible and sometimes walking out the mess with it backwards because you just plopped it on without looking.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

MA-Horus posted:

i still get flashbacks about the two times i drove from shilo to wainwright and back in an LS

MA-Horus posted:

Just buy a belgian beret and rip the lining out

bing bong so simple now you don't look like a moron with an ear entirely covered like the americans

:barf: :catstare: :barf:, in that order. Berets should be as close to yarmulke size as possible.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I don't think wedgequette could ever make sense to non-RCAF pers. There's a rich history of perching your weird rectangular cap as far to the side as possible and sometimes walking out the mess with it backwards because you just plopped it on without looking.

I kinda can't wait until my first DEU inspection of course. I have no fuckin clue how to wear the wedge and the tiny part in me that wasn't wrecked by the army's DRESS ANBD DEPORBTEMENT SOLJER, wants to wear it as badly as possible until someone who cares gives me a talkin to.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer

My Spirit Otter posted:

I kinda can't wait until my first DEU inspection of course. I have no fuckin clue how to wear the wedge and the tiny part in me that wasn't wrecked by the army's DRESS ANBD DEPORBTEMENT SOLJER, wants to wear it as badly as possible until someone who cares gives me a talkin to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

"Private Newbie! Get me a big mac and extra fries! Oh sorry that's a wedge on your head? I thought it was a burger hat! "