Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Xabi posted:

Or, rather, moaned his way onto the pitch because he couldn't deal with Gerrard and Lampard being better players.

:jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Xabi posted:

Or, rather, moaned his way onto the pitch because he couldn't deal with Gerrard and Lampard being better players.

Scholes didn't need to be gifted a charity goal like a make a wish child in his last prem game

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
This is like watching Sterling lose it in the canteen.

Quite sad, really.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
City's FFP appeal was reject by the court of arbitration and they now face a CL ban for next season.

If they finish in the top 4 (which they will) their place would go to 5th.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
gently caress Manchester City Forever

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

CyberPingu posted:

City's FFP appeal was reject by the court of arbitration and they now face a CL ban for next season.

:bisonyes:

Actually they just have to defend themselves now, the case can go ahead is all so it doesn't mean that much

greazeball fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Nov 15, 2019

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Lol if you think they won’t be in the CL next year.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Yeah they will end up getting a fine and probably a player limitation that they got last time.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

And will get jobbed out by VAR in the quarters again.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

CyberPingu posted:

Looking forward to UCL participants Sheffield United

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

CyberPingu posted:

CAS rejected the appeal on the grounds that the CFCB hasn't determined a punishment, so there is nothing concrete to appeal. City will appeal again next month or whenever a punishment is determined if City are found guilty.

But yeah sure, lie about it as if City are now assured of missing out on CL football.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

CyberPingu posted:

So this means Arsenal will finish 6th by one point.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

pik_d posted:

CAS rejected the appeal on the grounds that the CFCB hasn't determined a punishment, so there is nothing concrete to appeal. City will appeal again next month or whenever a punishment is determined if City are found guilty.

But yeah sure, lie about it as if City are now assured of missing out on CL football.

I didn't lie about anything and didn't say they were assured of anything. I said they face a CL ban which is competely accurate as it's a potential punishment due to them being pinged for this before.

Also nice meltdown

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I hear CAS wants to refer the dispute to Paul Scholes, who commands the respect of everyone associated with football and would have won England multiple World Cups if they just played him in his preferred position.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lol you're real mad

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

lol you're real mad

TyChan is a Liverpool supporter

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shrapnig posted:

TyChan is a Liverpool supporter

He must feel good then that Liverpool are top of the league and reigning European champions, whereas United have become an embarrassing mid table club with an official noodle partner

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.

oliwan posted:

He must feel good then that Liverpool are top of the league and reigning European champions, whereas United have become an embarrassing mid table club with an official noodle partner

Hell, same

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

CyberPingu posted:

I didn't lie about anything and didn't say they were assured of anything. I said they face a CL ban which is competely accurate as it's a potential punishment due to them being pinged for this before.

Also nice meltdown

OK boomer

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

pik_d posted:

OK boomer

Don’t do this

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Shrapnig posted:

Don’t do this

It was a boom-bust cycle joke. Besides, he may as well say they face a £100 fine for all we know.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

pik_d posted:

It was a boom-bust cycle joke. Besides, he may as well say they face a £100 fine for all we know.

Like I said about 3 posts above yours?

Also it takes some pretty strong mental gymnastics to shoehorn a terrible joke about Liverpool's form into a discussion with literally nothing to do about them.

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Nov 16, 2019

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Now that I think about it Liverpool supporters are a lot like boomers actually

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

CyberPingu posted:

Like I said about 3 posts above yours?

Also it takes some pretty strong mental gymnastics to shoehorn a terrible joke about Liverpool's form into a discussion with literally nothing to do about them.

The main point of my first reply was that this appeal was rejected because technically there was nothing to appeal yet. This news doesn't mean anything for the actual outcome.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

oliwan posted:

Now that I think about it Liverpool supporters are a lot like boomers actually

If only you were from the Silent Generation.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

pik_d posted:

It was a boom-bust cycle joke.

Lmao

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

pik_d posted:

This is almost as pathetic as butterfly valley's explanation of how his ipad broke

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Byolante posted:

This is almost as pathetic as butterfly valley's explanation of how his ipad broke

Story time

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Byolante posted:

Hi I have no idea wtf you're talking about

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

He was trying to put the iPad up a girls bottom.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Butterfly Valley posted:

Hi I have no idea wtf you're talking about

Did your iPad break?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Russia is about to catch a Euro 2020 ban for doping

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

“In a surprise move, UEFA have announced Qatar as a guest team to take Russia’s place.”

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Byolante posted:

Go on then?

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Only loving way Scotland will qualify for anything, although

Gigi Galli posted:

“In a surprise move, UEFA have announced Qatar as a guest team to take Russia’s place.”

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
The Wagatha Christie: When Footballers Get Cursed By Juju

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/nov/21/sierra-leone-striker-injury-juju

The Guardian posted:

The Sierra Leone striker Mohamed Buya Turay has said the leg injury that forced him to miss the Africa Cup of Nations qualifying defeat by Benin last Sunday was caused by “juju” or black magic.

Buya, who helped his club side, Djurgården, win the Swedish league this month having finished as the division’s top scorer, missed out against Benin after sustaining the injury during his side’s training camp after playing in the draw with Lesotho last week.

“I had no toe injury when I played against Lesotho because no one stepped on me or kicked me,” he told the BBC. “But I started feeling pain on my toe when I returned to the hotel where the team were camped the following day. The pain worsened when we arrived at the training ground, it extended to the whole foot and leg, and I then decided to call some of my family members who took me to a woman native doctor.

The native doctor told me the cause of the toe injury was because I stepped on a spiritual object in Leone Stars camp, put there for me by a person who wanted me to get elephantiasis thereby destroying my career. She further told me that if I had gone to the hospital for treatment or had used conventional medicine to try and heal the toe that would have ended my career.”

Buya said in a social media post the perpetrator was motivated by jealousy at his Golden Boot victory. “That’s what created the tension, hatred and jealousy,” he wrote on Facebook. “I love my country, but how can y’all conieve [sic] to make my life miserable? Is it a crime for me to put my countries [sic] flag on the map?”

The 24-year-old, who is on loan to Djurgården from the Belgian club Sint-Truidense, said he is considering his international future. “It’s not easy for me. Right now I’m not thinking about whether or not to play for Leone Stars, I’ll think about it later when I put behind my back what has happened with me.”

:stare:

He just needs some good ol’ fashioned horse placenta for that toe, imo.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

If he had gone to an actual doctor it would have ended his career. Thank God that witch doctor is so diligent and welcoming.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
what does a spiritual object even look like? Don't want to step in one by mistake.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
At least he didn’t steal Jobu’s rum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/1198847560099811336

Not clicking through to a Mail story but still...