Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Elizabeth Waste-of-time :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

yea those are some massive warning signs of deep seated insecurities

but hey maybe the 40 year republican switch to democrat and assuming native heritage to fill in the blanks of a vanilla identity as a midlife crisis because you weren't bold or courageous enough to constantly break the comfort zone to continuously to really actualize and redefine yourself as you evolve as a person might just help you win the GE as a litmus test to prove that all of your life wasn't an erroneous waste doing so in the first place.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Handed Missus posted:

Elizabeth Waste-of-time :smug:

Elizabeth Warren is 1/1024th progressive.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Medicare For RisperdAll

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

That health care plan has made go from laughing about how she keeps getting worse to being mad about.

Drop out you loving loser.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

gradenko_2000 posted:

Medicare For RisperdAll

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Warren calls the means-tested option "medicare for all"

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

bawfuls posted:

Not quite succ but here’s a couple galaxy brain takes from prep school kids I used to know. Noteworthy that the corporate media line on Warren has been internalized by even this “Austrian libertarian”. The second comment is of course impressively out of touch with the material conditions of America’s working class. (That guy works in real estate development and calls himself a “Classical Liberal”)

Wtf they actually talk like that?

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
it's 24k btw for people not hip to the current poverty level

lmao it's less than half of working families

maybe not even a quarter

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

btw only the first guy in those comments I posted is a cynical Warren stan. The second...

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Paramemetic posted:

it's 24k btw for people not hip to the current poverty level

lmao it's less than half of working families

maybe not even a quarter

well if you make 25k then you should just eat lentils every day if you want healthcare

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
#meanstestedaffordableaccesstomedicaremarketoptionsforsomeworkingfamilies doesn't trend as well is the problem here

that's why she's calling it medicare for all

not because she's being deliberately duplicitous or anything

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

there are almost certianly homeless people who would not qualify for medicare for """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""all"""""""""""""""""""""""" under warren's plan

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

quote:

My plan will also implement an excessive lobbying tax on companies that spend more than $500,000 per year peddling influence – like Pfizer, Amgen, Eli Lilly, Novartis, and Johnson & Johnson. Money from the tax would be used to strengthen congressional support agencies, establish an office to help the public participate in the rule-making process, and give our government additional resources to fight back against an avalanche of corporate lobbying spending.

finally, a candidate that wants to crack down on influence peddling by demanding a share

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

yea those are some massive warning signs of deep seated insecurities

but hey maybe the 40 year republican switch to democrat and assuming native heritage to fill in the blanks of a vanilla identity as a midlife crisis because you weren't bold or courageous enough to constantly break the comfort zone to continuously to really actualize and redefine yourself as you evolve as a person might just help you win the GE as a litmus test to prove that all of your life wasn't an erroneous waste doing so in the first place.

hey she's just a kid give her some time :kiddo:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Medicare For Nearly Half Of All

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

i mean im not even kidding what she described is just renaming medicaid and having the federal government administer it instead of the states. sure, it's good because the states administering it means basically that chud states don't give anyone medicaid but it is so loving incremental it hurts (and literally kills)

but like...

why the gently caress increments

why are they like so brain damaged about incrementalism as an immortal science when its not at all and only loosely applies to maybe keeping an economy intact if it was healthy and robust for all. Like it needs major corrections, not tiny tweaks.

Incrementalism in this day and age is like using a water pistol to douse a house inferno instead of a potential hazard that crops up slightly in a preventive way

they're doing it all wrong and hosed up like loving morons

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Al! posted:

there are almost certianly homeless people who would not qualify for medicare for """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""all"""""""""""""""""""""""" under warren's plan

means testing on the federal level is often tested by your tax returns which many people making under the federal poverty level don't actually file so yes definitely a lot of non-filers would not be able to demonstrate that they meet the criteria because they wouldn't have returns

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

just amazing

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
Medicare for All Who Want Medicare for All except those who do not Want It

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'd agree about the medicaid bit, except that she actually wants to keep medicaid. it makes no sense, everyone eligible for medicaid currently would supposedly be covered under her public option. unless she's also not serious about the whole public option bit, and maybe that will be moved 2.5 years into the future in the next version of the bill.

quote:

Strengthen Medicaid

As president I will use administrative tools to strengthen Medicaid and potentially allow millions more to access the program.

Use waiver authority to increase Medicaid eligibility. With the approval of the federal government, states can use Section 1115 demonstration waivers to expand coverage to people who aren’t otherwise eligible for Medicaid. Currently, however, states can only obtain these waivers if projected federal spending under the new program will not be higher than without the waiver. While I pursue legislative reforms to expand coverage, I’ll also change this administrative restriction to allow these demonstrations to fulfill their promise of providing affordable health coverage, including working with states that want to expand Medicaid to uninsured individuals and families above the statutory upper limit of Medicaid (138% of the poverty level). Any state that chooses to expand in this way will not be penalized for doing so when full Medicare for All comes online.

Streamlining eligibility and enrollment. Far too many people miss out on Medicaid coverage because of red tape. Some states take coverage away if someone misses just one piece of mail or forgets to notify the state within 10 days of a change in income. These kinds of harsh policies help explain why more than a million children “disappeared” from the Medicaid and CHIP programs in the past year. I will eliminate these kinds of unfair practices, and instead work with states to make it easier for everyone – families, children, and people with disabilities – to maintain this essential coverage.

Ensuring access to care for beneficiaries in managed care plans. I’ll roll back the Trump administration’s proposed changes to rules regulating Medicaid managed care plans, which would dilute important standards, such as requiring health plans to maintain adequate provider networks guaranteeing access to care for Medicaid enrollees.

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
Means Tested Affordable Access to HealthCare

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Medicare for some. Means tested exclusion for others.

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

markets
maaaaaaaarkets
maaaaaaaarkeeeeeeeeeeeets
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRKKKEEEEEETTTTTTSSSSS

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/FrankfurtGhoul/status/1195101683757568001

remember when people kept accusing 2016 berniebros of being gators

well,

It is pretty cool that there’s a bunch of people who managed to convince themselves that identity politics is destroying the left and therefore the best way to solve that is to become indistinguishable from a 4chan poster because that’s what the working man craves. Some are even on this very forum, it owns

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Taintrunner posted:

Also, great day for Warren to debut her medicare4all plan, which is just pete's "medicare4allwhowantit"

https://twitter.com/AlysonMetzger/status/1195376295628156930

finally, a medicare for all option

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

A Handed Missus posted:

hey she's just a kid give her some time :kiddo:

you've had plenty of time, grow the gently caress up elizabeth and develop enough emotional maturity for resilience and self reflection thank u next

people are dying in easily preventive ways, stop fuckin around

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
A market based approach using statistical methods to ensure means tested Affordable access to health care coverage through a public private partnership

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Lastgirl posted:

Incrementalism in this day and age is like using a water pistol to douse a house inferno instead of a potential hazard that crops up slightly in a preventive way

unless, of course, your goal is for the house to burn down but your insurance won't pay out unless you show that you were trying to fight the fire so you had to make a token fruitless effort to deceive people

:thunk:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

RaySmuckles posted:

:bernpop::bernget20::bernout::bernin:BERNIE :vapes: SANDERS :bernin::bernout::bernget20::bernpop:

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
Establishing a needs based program to means test through statistical methods the ability to access health care coverage while keeping your private insurance

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
*now incredibly close to the microphone*
You can keep your doctor

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Can I just divorce my wife and give up custody of my kid while living in the same house so at least they get free health care

This poo poo sucks

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

GoluboiOgon posted:

i'd agree about the medicaid bit, except that she actually wants to keep medicaid. it makes no sense, everyone eligible for medicaid currently would supposedly be covered under her public option. unless she's also not serious about the whole public option bit, and maybe that will be moved 2.5 years into the future in the next version of the bill.

I’ll also change this administrative restriction to allow these demonstrations to fulfill their promise of providing affordable health coverage, including working with states that want to expand Medicaid to uninsured individuals and families above the statutory upper limit of Medicaid (138% of the poverty level). Any state that chooses to expand in this way will not be penalized for doing so when full Medicare for All comes online.

lol, so her plan is actually to make medicaid a better option than medicare for all

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Lastgirl posted:

That's really letting her off the hook, lmao. It was literally fake it till you make it

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Lastgirl posted:

but like...

why the gently caress increments

why are they like so brain damaged about incrementalism as an immortal science when its not at all and only loosely applies to maybe keeping an economy intact if it was healthy and robust for all. Like it needs major corrections, not tiny tweaks.

because they don't actually want to change anything tia

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

TropicalCoke posted:

*now incredibly close to the microphone*
You can keep your doctor

*I move away from the mic to suck poo poo*

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
An affordability model using means and needs testing balanced with integration of variable based solutions that describe the value of healthcare and provide access based on actuarial methods to all those who may so desire to have a health care and you can KEEP YOUR DOCTOR!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Taintrunner posted:

when is this freak going to drop out

today alone has loving killed his campaign made him more pallet able to the democratic elites

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
*me after a car crash being dragged into a hospital emergency room*
No I dont want this one where is my primary care physician