Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

mastershakeman posted:

Can I just divorce my wife and give up custody of my kid while living in the same house so at least they get free health care

This poo poo sucks

if you stay together you need to make less than $40,440 to get the means tested affordable access

every working family must pay an accountant $2000 a year to make sure they have the optimal family configuration or they must not really need the healthcare

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Woke up to fishmech being permabanned and a good poll for Bernie

What a great Friday so far

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

wtf is wrong with democrats, theyre obsessed with the idea that htey only need to give people the option for stuff and then theyll demand it

its literally never worked out that way

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Paramemetic posted:

unless, of course, your goal is for the house to burn down but your insurance won't pay out unless you show that you were trying to fight the fire so you had to make a token fruitless effort to deceive people

:thunk:

right

the free markets deliver once again

*well dries up*

gently caress~

Nothus posted:

That's really letting her off the hook, lmao. It was literally fake it till you make it

everyone knows, i thought the brutal analytical honesty of her campaign reflective of the person was enough to illustrate the picture of her motives from a mish mash of cynical opportunism from deep seated insecurities.

then people will get mad and say, why haven't you applied that to bernie. Bitch have you seen what bernie has undergone through his whole life and he could have used that misery to justify screwing over people too, but he didn't.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

mutual contempt between black people and buttigieg is part of his brand

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Lastgirl posted:

then people will get mad and say, why haven't you applied that to bernie. Bitch have you seen what bernie has undergone through his whole life and he could have used that misery to justify screwing over people too, but he didn't.

remember when some creepo took a picture of bernie's opulent beach house to own him and it turns out it's just a 1 story 1 bedroom lakeside shack, you know like someone who had saved up his entire life could afford only in their 80s

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
Wait what happened to fish mech?

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

everyone knows, i thought the brutal analytical honesty of her campaign reflective of the person was enough to illustrate the picture of her motives from a mish mash of cynical opportunism from deep seated insecurities.

take the DNA test bernie!! 👏👏👏

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/nicolerussell91/status/1195402035857940488

lol

warren is going to get loving demolished

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

SunAndSpring posted:

It is pretty cool that there’s a bunch of people who managed to convince themselves that identity politics is destroying the left and therefore the best way to solve that is to become indistinguishable from a 4chan poster because that’s what the working man craves. Some are even on this very forum, it owns

I was one of those people around maybe 2014 or so. Some of them are legit fash (gators), some of them are particularly irony-poisoned centrists, and some of them are, like I was, just consumed with misplaced anger.

Around the time of the second Obama term the center and center-left had learned how to weaponize (class-exclusionary) idpol for their own interests, and the discourse of actual people hadn't fully caught up with it yet and a lot of garden-variety posters just didn't know how to process it. For example the concepts of white feminism and "liberal feminism" hadn't really been popularized, so if you wanted to rail against Shakesvilles or Bravenaks or Lena Dunhams or Hillary Clintons etc etc etc you had to either just say "feminism" as an umbrella term, which was both plainly wrong and super fashy, or qualify it with "a certain type of feminism" which just sounds like a mealy-mouthed weasel-word way of doing the first thing, and in some cases was exactly that.

Now that leftist discourse has caught up with that tactic and those terms and others like them exist, anyone still doing this kind of poo poo in 2019 is of course fashy as hell (see: r/stupidpol)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Oh my god Mayor Pete what did you do

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1195329757971468289?s=20

Look at this 'opt-out' rules laywer poo poo

The power of McKinsey Brain

good to see sady doyle found a new campaign job

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Warren wants businesses to section themselves off into an incomprehensible inter-network of shell corporations each with less than 40 independent contractors instead of employees... so she can federalize the medicaid expansion.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Al! posted:

remember when some creepo took a picture of bernie's opulent beach house to own him and it turns out it's just a 1 story 1 bedroom lakeside shack, you know like someone who had saved up his entire life could afford only in their 80s

remember when they then GISed "mansion" and started sending the first result around Facebook saying it was Bernie's house lol

it wasn't even near a beach

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/sadydoyle/status/740374411405078529

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
so, let's say that a family with 51 year old parents has a few children in their early 20s. the parents currently get insurance through their employer, which covers their children. warren's plan will make the parents eligible to buy the public option, but if they do so the children will then lose their coverage. so the parents now get the fun choice of sticking with lovely insurance that covers their childern, or improving their own coverage (and probably saving a ton of money) at the cost of their kids going uninsured.

great job of undoing one of the few good things about obamacare warren.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

GoluboiOgon posted:

so, let's say that a family with 51 year old parents has a few children in their early 20s. the parents currently get insurance through their employer, which covers their children. warren's plan will make the parents eligible to buy the public option, but if they do so the children will then lose their coverage. so the parents now get the fun choice of sticking with lovely insurance that covers their childern, or improving their own coverage (and probably saving a ton of money) at the cost of their kids going uninsured.

great job of undoing one of the few good things about obamacare warren.

whats this family's name

its not something too ethnic, like the o'reillys, is it?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

StarMinstrel posted:

off topic, but: you see these pop up once in a while over the years. You never hear anything about "so and so, young genius, is now breaking all kinds of new grounds". I always wonder what happens to them. Do they go on and create amazing things in their field of studies with all that extra time given, or do they burn out from peer pressure?

it happens. some of them do turn out to be great scientists as adults

john von neumann was a child genius who was publishing academic papers in his teens

terence tao is one of the more famous mathematicians today and he was also a child prodigy who got a phd at like age 19

but then many of them either have psychotic breakdowns from the pressure or they just get shuttled to wall street or tech companies which are the culturally-defined default for kids like that

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

warren is insecure, as a person

she choked in an interview with Jon Stewart. I've met Jon Stewart. He's a pussycat. I mean, I didn't work for him, so...

She had an interview with Colbert a few months back where he softballed a question about medicare, then gave her the answer she should give, and she couldn't take the hint and managed to gently caress it all up.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

lol I forgot this one was Sady Doyle, I figured it was one of the more niche classic Hillary stans who eventually got banned for harassment

"I want Hillary to win because it would allow her to dunk massively on her husband, who I also like and will defend to the death"

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
So I wonder what forced warren to change her "quietly benefit from the media misrepresenting her campaign in her favor" strategy to "start talking too much and directly contradict the false brand you've built"

either way bold strategy

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i can't believe warren was brought low by her own flawless plan of "have no specifics on anything at all"

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

DiscountDildos posted:

Petey Mayonnaise

https://twitter.com/TheStagmania/status/1195321641183653889?s=19

"I don't know how my name got on there. No, that's not true. I know how my name got on there." Lmao

what the gently caress

no really, what the fuckin hell

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Phi230 posted:

So I wonder what forced warren to change her "quietly benefit from the media misrepresenting her campaign in her favor" strategy to "start talking too much and directly contradict the false brand you've built"

either way bold strategy

the rich are deeply stupid and paranoid(both necessary qualities to be rich) so she needs to reassure them even if it means contradicting her earlier lies

of course she wouldn't have to do that if she wasn't taking billionaire bucks but welp

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Yinlock posted:

i can't believe warren was brought low by her own flawless plan of "have no specifics on anything at all"

BIG

STRUCTURAL

BAILEY

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Phi230 posted:

either way bold strategy

Rich people started criticizing the plan she didn't actually have, and were dropping HER name in association with it instead of Bernie's, and as a professor she is super pedantic so she took it upon herself to correct them

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/randygdub/status/796229362643152896?s=20

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

what the gently caress

no really, what the fuckin hell

sorry, why are you shocked at the mayor who lied about a federal investigation into his own town about police brutality

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Even if she gets elected due to sheer public loathing of Trump nothing significant will actually change in terms of healthcare and climate change and the GOP will probably get some absolute ghoul elected in 2024

chaos option: after a disastrous tenure as Prime Minister, Boris Johnson somehow manages to regain his American citizenship and runs for office

Wow! President Johnson!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
pete resign

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

let there be blood

https://twitter.com/MamurphyMaureen/status/1195335370897907713

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Yinlock posted:

the rich are deeply stupid and paranoid(both necessary qualities to be rich) so she needs to reassure them even if it means contradicting her earlier lies

of course she wouldn't have to do that if she wasn't taking billionaire bucks but welp

Do you think the unmasking of the warren campaign as a fraud will force softer-succ to jump ship to other succ like mayo pete or what

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Lastgirl posted:

sorry, why are you shocked at the mayor who lied about a federal investigation into his own town about police brutality

i mean i know but still this is fuckin insane, like did he or his campaign think the people they falsely claimed endorsed him were just not gonna notice or something, i genuinely don't understand their game plan here, how does this not blow up in their faces

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lol apparently rfk jr's organization is behind a large majority of the antivax ads on facebook

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phi230 posted:

Do you think the unmasking of the warren campaign as a fraud will force softer-succ to jump ship to other succ like mayo pete or what

I think the most dedicated to their upper middle class professionals will either draft Hillary or quietly pivot to Trump because they realized they lost nothing from 4 years of his poo poo

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Lastgirl posted:

is there a plastic bag under the seat that i can suffocate myself with and poo poo my pants

the seat is a toilet in the front row

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/crulge/status/1195402898567507970?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010