Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnPBTozqdvY

Has this been posted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It's from 2013 so I'm guessing yeah

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I like how Cricket was just sort of there in the bar for the episode.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

This was a very good episode. Again. It's almost like... like these season 14 episodes are as good as the ones from hallowed, preciousss seasons 2-6. Maybe... maybe we can shake this curse of The Downhill and comparing episodes because that feeling, the need to remember the good old ones, is not needed...? Maybe.

Sunny is as good as it was again. 'Tis a nice sunny day

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

This was a very good episode. Again. It's almost like... like these season 14 episodes are as good as the ones from hallowed, preciousss seasons 2-6. Maybe... maybe we can shake this curse of The Downhill and comparing episodes because that feeling, the need to remember the good old ones, is not needed...? Maybe.

Sunny is as good as it was again. 'Tis a nice sunny day

If this is an notably good episode that is being compared favourably with the show's golden years that does suggest that other episodes in the season aren't quite up to that standard, otherwise the comparison wouldn't need to be made. But hey, the show is frequently good, often great and only occasionally bad, for a show that's been running for 14 years that's impressive in itself.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

imo the season has been decent-to-good so far, but this really felt like an old school circa fat mac episode. it had by far the most heh-out-loud moments for me so far

banter, that big paper stand thing i dont know the name of, dee gagging, eggs from a nest in a hole, the chesty anchor that dennis daydreamed about choking with a pillow, america!, etc. also unlike most other shows, sunny bottle eps are the best. just put them in somewhere and force their interactions imo.

btw during the opening i thought it would be frank on the roof but its way better that he is mistaken for the poor schlub's dad & he just wants in so he can get his reefer + gently caress-melon

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

ChesterJT posted:

Also, you can see Charlie about to break at the end when Frank is talking about his loads. You see him look down, then back up so you can't see his face.

It's actually pretty amazing on his part. He knew he was breaking but also knew where the camera was enough to not only look down but also kind of lean back so Mac was in front...

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
So, was Charlie eating a snake egg? I don't think rats lay eggs, but I don't know enough about science to disprove it.

eta; Marrine Ponederosa was the cat lady that Dennis married several seasons ago, after he went on a double date with dee and her brother, right? Is "Pondy" who Frank hangs out with their dad? Also, who was the lady mentioned in s1 e1 that is NOT the waitress.

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 15, 2019

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Her arc was delightful and I'm kinda sad they killed her off. Her absolute decent from fairly normal person to total dysfunctional madness is right up there with cricket.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

'Pondy' is her brother, the piece of poo poo party guy who spiked the McPoyle - Ponderosa wedding milk with smelling salts leading to the loss of one of the McPoyle brother's eyes

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Baronjutter posted:

Her arc was delightful and I'm kinda sad they killed her off. Her absolute decent from fairly normal person to total dysfunctional madness is right up there with cricket.

Normal? you could smell her tooth from a block away!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

multijoe posted:

'Pondy' is her brother, the piece of poo poo party guy who spiked the McPoyle - Ponderosa wedding milk with smelling salts leading to the loss of one of the McPoyle brother's eyes

I think you'll find he wasn't found guilty of that

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Krankenstyle posted:

imo the season has been decent-to-good so far, but this really felt like an old school circa fat mac episode. it had by far the most heh-out-loud moments for me so far

banter, that big paper stand thing i dont know the name of, dee gagging, eggs from a nest in a hole, the chesty anchor that dennis daydreamed about choking with a pillow, america!, etc. also unlike most other shows, sunny bottle eps are the best. just put them in somewhere and force their interactions imo.

btw during the opening i thought it would be frank on the roof but its way better that he is mistaken for the poor schlub's dad & he just wants in so he can get his reefer + gently caress-melon

I don't think there's anything I wouldn't watch the gang argue about for 20 minutes. They could argue over a hat stand or something and it'd still be amazing

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

multijoe posted:

'Pondy' is her brother, the piece of poo poo party guy who spiked the McPoyle - Ponderosa wedding milk with smelling salts* leading to the loss of one of the McPoyle brother's eyes

*bath salts

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Baronjutter posted:

I like how Cricket was just sort of there in the bar for the episode.

Did you expect that he had taken his business elsewhere?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Baronjutter posted:

shes a cat, they could always bring her back with just a :psyduck: for an explanation, poppins style

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

the range rovers charred remains still being outside 2 years on cracked me right up

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Ratjaculation posted:

the range rovers charred remains still being outside 2 years on cracked me right up

Yeah they've showed bits of it a few times ever since the rocket launcher incident. I love how the city hasn't hauled it away for some reason.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Antiquated Pants posted:

When you see those gazongas and that song starts playing, you know Jackie Denardo is on the case!

I love that all these people keep coming back to this show after all these years :3:

but where's jimmi simpson these days?

Ratjaculation posted:

Oh poo poo I didn't even notice that, that's wonderful.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

morcant posted:

I love that all these people keep coming back to this show after all these years :3:

but where's jimmi simpson these days?

Oh poo poo I didn't even notice that, that's wonderful.

Jimmi Simpson has been in Mexico dealing with Sir Ben Kingsley

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I do want more Jimmi Simpson.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Any other Aussies/Brits/NZers find their emphases funny in "fish 'n' chips"?

I have liked recent seasons but I liked this non-gimmick classic-feel episode.

snoremac fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Nov 16, 2019

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It's actually pretty amazing on his part. He knew he was breaking but also knew where the camera was enough to not only look down but also kind of lean back so Mac was in front...

I love those moments. Even Mac was starting to break up but he had no one to hide behind.

I liked the one where Charlie and Dennis is in the American Home Store or wherever during the storm talking to the girls and Dennis is like "How did you not know?" and Charlie just turns around completely because he's cracking up.

My favorite is still Mac just breaking on camera during the ski episode when the guy tries to jerk it and they just leave it in.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
"It's an homage to a hamburger clown" slayed me

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

snoremac posted:

Any other Aussies/Brits/NZers find their emphases funny in "fish 'n' chips"?

I have liked recent seasons but I liked this non-gimmick classic-feel episode.

Haha, yeah we picked up on that

FISHnchips

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I loved the amount of grease soaking on the bag. Such a small little thing

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I have no idea, but I'd never seen it before so thank you for posting :3:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Just watched the Gang Beats Global Warming episode, was that the same guy from the last time Dee was on the bus? That's awesome.

Also it feels super weird to me to watch a heat wave episode on a wint'ry cold night, just like Christmas episodes feel in mid summer.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Brawnfire posted:

Just watched the Gang Beats Global Warming episode, was that the same guy from the last time Dee was on the bus? That's awesome.

Also it feels super weird to me to watch a heat wave episode on a wint'ry cold night, just like Christmas episodes feel in mid summer.

yeah in Mac and Charlie Dies, he barfs over himself its great

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Not sure it's been mentioned, but should be noted, but Dee threw her piss in Mac's face in the Gang Hits the Road episode and that after the zoo episode Mac has been pissed on by every other member of the gang. The only member of the gang to hold such a distinction.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I don't remember the other pissings.

e: Other than charlie and dee

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

I don't remember the other pissings.

e: Other than charlie and dee

Dennis and Frank both piss on him in the recent zoo episode

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Is the Poppins episode up early on Amazon? It's p amazing

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It has an airdate marked as today, I guess someone messed up due to the double episode finale.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Christmas came early.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

EL BROMANCE posted:

It has an airdate marked as today, I guess someone messed up due to the double episode finale.

I just came here to tell people this but I'm glad it was already announced. I'm not sure if it's supposed to air today but Amazon is absolutely terrible about their timing of episode releases. I got the most recent season of Mr. Robot for free simply for asking customer service why it wasn't out on the day it was supposed to be. I didn't even do some Becky asking for the manager poo poo they just gave it to me.

vvvvvvv I had already bought the season of Mr. Robot and they reversed the purchase of the whole season but flagged it as owned.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Nov 20, 2019

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Nice, do you have the whole thing or just flagged as having paid for the season, and getting the weekly updates?

They also messed up Perfect Harmony which plays hell with software that relies on them being correct.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The scene in the vets had everything I want in an Always Sunny scene... a ridiculous solution to a problem, a reveal of someone being in the room you weren’t expecting, members of the gang absolutely not understanding something that’s been repeated umpteen times, and a sting of taking that stupidity to a new level of offense. Bit of hypocrisy thrown in is just the icing on the cake.

Also kinda looking forward to seeing Dee with the chop.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
What a perfect episode, one of the best ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
Felt like the hair episode was firing on all cylinders. Top 3 this season.

This last episode the jury is still out. The comments about Mac's elbows are hilarious though.

Ajaxify fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Nov 21, 2019