Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Popete posted:

Please buy a can of compressed air

Will that make the supporting character on the space ships eyes stop vibrating in her skull during cutscenes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

JBP posted:

Will that make the supporting character on the space ships eyes stop vibrating in her skull during cutscenes

Yes but you have to spray it into the USB port when that happens.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

JBP posted:

I know a lot of these gamebreaking bugs really suck but poo poo like this has a sort of absurdist charm to play on launch. The all-timer for me would be Skyrim at launch with all of the crazy bugs to go along with the standard "Bethesda open world jank". I remember horsing and giants falling from the sky, corpses sling shotting around the world and other bizarre poo poo. It was some of the hardest I've ever laughed at a game.

Seriously though I guess I'm gonna get this tonight. A double whammy of the Mandalorian and this is too much to pass up.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Star Wars is great again and all it took was products set in the OT era made by people who aren't idiots.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

At least this was only $15. Gonna call it good cause i'm stuck and can't back track to my ship at this time due to story restrictions. Will enjoy the Mandalorian instead, and watch a playthrough of Fallen Order on Youtube.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I like the little goofball mascot thing that pilots the ship.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Played through the whole intro and the start of the first new planet you visit, and honestly...it looks and plays fine?
The only things that have jumped out are a couple weird pop-ins of peoples' hats during cutscenes (:confused:) and yeah, sometimes the eyes move around a little too animatedly, which is tough to unsee once you notice it. And yeah, your character moves a little too fast and inertialessly when you first start moving, which makes it easy to goof around, but lol if you sit around doing that just to complain about it.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Jon Favreau definitely used a can on compressed air on The Mandalorian. Hell maybe two

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

I said come in! posted:

At least this was only $15. Gonna call it good cause i'm stuck and can't back track to my ship at this time due to story restrictions. Will enjoy the Mandalorian instead, and watch a playthrough of Fallen Order on Youtube.

I'm also just going to watch a playthorugh on youtube. The constant comparisons to Dark Souls and mentions of boring combat are making me think I'll skip this one.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I said come in! posted:

Lol so your droid straight up ditched you forever?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The droid needed maintenance he's heading to Jiffy Lube.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Lol so your droid straight up ditched you forever?

Yep, he just straight up ditched me for some reason. It actually happened last night too, but then he came back for a cutscene. The area i'm in, I got there last night and he was with me, but I called it good for the evening and then loaded the game up this afternoon to play some more, and he was gone.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

Yep, he just straight up ditched me for some reason. It actually happened last night too, but then he came back for a cutscene. The area i'm in, I got there last night and he was with me, but I called it good for the evening and then loaded the game up this afternoon to play some more, and he was gone.
I know it sounds really loving weird but if you could try turning off your usage data and saving at a med point (or vice versa) that seems to fix it for some people

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
seems to be a frequent problem and they are working on a fix and yeah its pretty bad since a lot of story progression needs BD-1 around

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TheAgent posted:

seems to be a frequent problem and they are working on a fix and yeah its pretty bad since a lot of story progression needs BD-1 around

Yeah, a look at the tech support forums brings up a thread about BD-1 disappearing after you died. So it should be fixed soon.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

This thread doing a good job of reinforcing why you shouldn't buy consoles except Nintendo

Manxome Foe posted:

I'm also just going to watch a playthorugh on youtube. The constant comparisons to Dark Souls and mentions of boring combat are making me think I'll skip this one.

What's funny about that is that while this game is built on a lot of same basic mechanics that *Souls pioneered such as the campfire/meditation resting and estus/injection systems, the part of Dark Souls that everyone considers its defining feature, the extremely slow weighty combat, isn't how Jedi plays.

People who were expecting some sort of old school KOTOR RPG are going to hate it tho

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Why anyone would compare this to dark souls and not sekiro is beyond me. Sekiro is the fast ninja game and jedi are just space ninjas!!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Jedi Fallen Order is the Dark Souls of Sekiro games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Surge 2 is a better Dark Souls clone. Since you just have one weapon, this is more Sekiro than anything else.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
This game has Sekiro combat, assassin's Creed traversal, Breath of Wild puzzles, metroidvania exploration/upgrades and the usual great Respawn set pieces.

Nothing is as good as its source material but it's all at least above average, so it comes together to be a lot of fun.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I've been playing on Master and so far the combat is enjoyably sekiro-lite

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Chomp8645 posted:

Star Wars is great again and all it took was products set in the OT era made by people who aren't idiots.

Give Respawn some credit Chomp, they're a hell of a lot better than "not idiots". Some of the best around.

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I beat it on my second try. You can definitely roll to dodge its red attack. Just parry/block its other ones. I'm only on normal though, so maybe stuff changes on hard

I've been playing on whenever the hardest difficulty is, and his parry timing is kinda bullshit. Sometimes it's fine, but I've gotten killed from plenty of his that should've parried. Also if you get hit by the two hit combo, you can't parry the second hit, and usually can't dodge out.

Another thing that seems to be off is parrying after attacking. I've been taking hits from what seems to be a weird delay between the end of your attack chain and when your parry activates, even though it plays the block animation.

This gave really just needs modular difficulty. I turned it down to hard so I could see if it was actually the game, or if I was just bad, and it was definitely the game being weird, but it also made the fight super easy. Even on hard, the parry window is massive, to the point that I'm making parries that should never work.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

Thread also making me want to get Sekiro when I'm done with Jedi.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Peak Fallen Order experience is taking out 7 Stormtroopers in like 5 seconds by doing a wall run into a jump attack, reflecting bolts back into two Stormtroopers at range, rolling through and chewing up the 3 mooks with double saber's ridiculous hitboxes and then doing a heavy lunge into the commander into a light attack to kill through guard.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Wheeee posted:

Thread also making me want to get Sekiro when I'm done with Jedi.

I havent played Jedi yet, and Im extremely excited to play Jedi, but I can guarantee you that Sekiro is still the better game

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
So is the recommendation to play on Jedi Master difficulty? I've not played Dark Souls or Sekiro, but I'm perfectly fine at video games in general.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Grog posted:

I also had stuttering, but I'm on a Ryzen 3600 and GTX 1060. Halfway through the tutorial planet, I tried a few things at once so I'm not sure exactly which (mostly) fixed it: set the Window Mode to Fullscreen instead of Windowed Fullscreen, enabled VSync, and disabled the Origin in-game overlay. I just tried turning the overlay back on and it still seems to have stopped hitching on the third planet I'm currently on, so changing the window mode to Fullscreen or turning on the game's VSync might help.

I'll try this later, thanks

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Popete posted:

So is the recommendation to play on Jedi Master difficulty? I've not played Dark Souls or Sekiro, but I'm perfectly fine at video games in general.

You will die a lot because of how much incoming damage you take but it is very satisfying when you dodge and parry through an entire fight without a scratch

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

I'm so terrible at this game it took me an hour to kill that overgrown boss frog on the first level. I'm thinking I should check my ego and turn down the difficulty from Master to knight.

Oh, is there a way to have multiple saves, to guard oneself against gamebreaking bugs like the b1 thing?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

like someone said before, only do this if you're willing to die a whole lot because a single gently caress up will probably kill you

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

McCloud posted:

I'm so terrible at this game it took me an hour to kill that overgrown boss frog on the first level. I'm thinking I should check my ego and turn down the difficulty from Master to knight.

I decided to test it out at Jedi Knight rather than my usual [s]baby[/b] Youngling difficulty, and it seems very doable.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

I've played through Sekiro and The Surge 2 before this and it took me all day to get used to the not-so-tight combat of this one. Not the last because button mapping is different.

Even though this game borrows quite a few Souls mechanics, it's combat flow and challenge level is still very different in a good way. After the Wookie planet I'm really enjoying the various genre mixes which in this combination are novel. Good game.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
This game finally confirms something that, if you check my post history in other Star Wars threads, I have been calling for YEARS!!! Gonna drop it in a pastebin link to a good any accidental mouse overs cause while it's not a major story beat, it's a really cool world building thing.

https://pastebin.com/1NRx8tMj

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

McCloud posted:

Oh, is there a way to have multiple saves, to guard oneself against gamebreaking bugs like the b1 thing?
If you're on PC, you could maybe try manually backing up your save file after each major event or something? Otherwise, it doesn't really seem to do multiple saves. If you wanted to go through that trouble, according to PCGamingWiki the save location is "%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Respawn\JediFallenOrder\".

edit: I lie. I just checked the folder and there's the main save and a "backup" save for each game you start, from the looks of it. If you hit a bug, maybe you could try going into that folder and renaming the backup to be the main file or something. Unless they're the exact same thing and one just replaces the other if it gets corrupted, I have no idea.

some dillweed fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Nov 16, 2019

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Chomp8645 posted:

I'm surprised this many people are still getting physical copies tbh.

I can resell the physical disc for $20-30 or trade it for another game when I'm done with it.

do digital copies cost $30? or can I trade them away?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Alchenar posted:

Seriously, did nobody here watch Gotham?

I think of him as Ian from Shameless so I’m Gay Space Jesus

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Control Volume posted:

I havent played Jedi yet, and Im extremely excited to play Jedi, but I can guarantee you that Sekiro is still the better game

I have no doubt the combat is more tightly tuned, but I really like the genre mashup in Jedi and all the mobility/platforming.

I'm playing on Jedi Master since I haven't played a lot of Souls-like games and I'm usually high af when I chill with video games and it's challenging but not super hard, when I die it's because I'm doing stupid poo poo or not paying attention; I think most people should start here unless you just straight up want an easy experience. People who've played through all the Dark Souls games and Sekiro and poo poo should probably go Jedi Grand Master for the tighter parry timing.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
Do not buy this game. Youre giving EA money. Do not violate yourselves by giving EA money. EA is the devil. Do not purchase.

Plz make that^ thread name OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Activision-blizzard is the worst company now and I only have so much energy for performative boycotts