Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

it's good that they got rid of the lovely membrane keyboard but it's still cheapo overseas manufacturing

which is why it is like half the cost of the regular kinesis, and 1/4th of the cost of a maltron

they still have the cheap garbage membrane one afaik

the new one i'm talking about is just a version of the gamer one without leds or included palm rests

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Schadenboner posted:

That's a chin light, though?

:confused:

you know how when you make a copy of a copy it isn’t too bright? the light was necessary

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

duckfarts posted:

try the deft pro

isnt the deft even smaller than the huge

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Raluek posted:

form factor is closer to the ms trackball, as is the ball size. working out for me p well, had to stop using my ms trackball because it started not doing right clicks

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

rotor posted:

do that imo

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Raluek posted:

The deft pro is larger than the Logitech MS Ergo, and fits quite comfortably in my Sasquatch paws. The index roller is about the size of a pool ball, and I usually use my middle finger as a sort of clutch for better control.

My only complaint is mediocre forward/back button support on Mac, even after installing the proprietary software. Forward works great, but nomatter which button I map or which setting I use, it just won’t work. Flawless out of the box on windows though!

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

i have a unicomp model m

i was looking at the custom keys, but i want the non-alphanumeric ones to have custom text. anyone know of a handy site to design and order these for model-m's?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

duckfarts posted:

form factor is closer to the ms trackball, as is the ball size. working out for me p well, had to stop using my ms trackball because it started not doing right clicks

its also similar to the trackman wireless and shares a trackball size which was nice to take my old ball to the new mouse for that good worn smoothness

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
This keyboard makes me feel uneasy.

:ohdear:

KDE Perry
Dec 19, 2012

Grimey Drawer
p nice layout for the actual keyboard part

pram
Jun 10, 2001
its poo poo

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
no bowls

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
I just bought a cheap Kogan MX red keyboard and it's got a better build quality than my corsair.

The whole industry is a lie stop buying brands lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001

sicc

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!
Those Alice-style split layouts make me so mad irl. Yeah we’re tilting and splitting the layout but gently caress it we’re keeping the staggered rows inherited from typewriters in the 1870s.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Im teh IX/IX

Gun Metal Cray
Apr 27, 2005

Pillbug

hell yeah more shift keys

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

we have ten fingers but we only press down on one button a time, most of the time anyway

pram
Jun 10, 2001

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i have a buddy who is going to japan what happy hacking or other keyboard should i ask him to grab for me

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

bump_fn posted:

i have a buddy who is going to japan what happy hacking or other keyboard should i ask him to grab for me

One of each:

http://www.realforce.co.jp/en/products/index_office.html

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

is it dishwasher safe???

KDE Perry
Dec 19, 2012

Grimey Drawer

drat that R2TLSA-US4-IV looks perfect. didn't know they brought the APC feature to things other than the realforce rgb

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
https://twitter.com/norimoto/status/1195271391848742912?s=21

check it out ya’ll

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

still better than a touchbar mac, because it has f-keys

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

no

no...no NO

NO! NO!! NO!!!!!!

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

pram
Jun 10, 2001

SO DEMANDING posted:

no

no...no NO

NO! NO!! NO!!!!!!

Gun Metal Cray
Apr 27, 2005

Pillbug

SO DEMANDING posted:

no

no...no NO

NO! NO!! NO!!!!!!

right? should've been topres

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
giant emoji keyboard needs compose key and macros for things like skin tones and creating custom family emoji

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

eschaton posted:

giant emoji keyboard needs compose key and macros for things like skin tones and creating custom family emoji

U+069420, FOUR CLOWNS HUGGING

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

prisoner of waffles posted:

U+069420, FOUR CLOWNS HUGGING

signing your posts and account sharing??

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Captain Foo posted:

signing your posts and account sharing??

xD

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

from the second picture I thought these were copper conductive pads that triggered the key. Now I just wish I still thought this.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

the hoard stern show ruled

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
haven't read thread. are there keyboards with excellent tactile feedback but minimal sound that do not cost an acre of cash?

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

haven't read thread. are there keyboards with excellent tactile feedback but minimal sound that do not cost an acre of cash?

kinesis advantage, done

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
A pair of gloves with ten topre switches, 1 sewn into each finger, that you use to type on a 5 dollar dell keyboard.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

kinesis advantage, done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

ban for anime