Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

TheAgent posted:

its still early days, man

Oh! Okay, thanks mate! What would help the devs? What ships should I buy?
all of them, I know

Star Citizen: Extra skill ranking when you allow other players to drop in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

reminds me of a buddy who was lied to, was cheated and treated like poo poo in his relationship for 7 years, funny SC coincidence.

He told everyone how important that experience was and not giving up. "life lesson" blabla nonsense. He was 2 years in therapy and had no relationship since then. That was 2005. It broke him that he wasted almost 8/10 of a decade of his life when everyone around him warned him.

SC abuses poor spacehip nerds, the partner Chris Roberts loves them for their money, is a liar and these guys pretend there will be a happy end while they have that feeling they really are the idiots that should have gotten a refund at least 4 years ago.

Joe Blobers is that kind of Stockholm Syndrome victim. When he is offline he spends hours to come up with bullshit like this and how he had a good invest lol

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Jblob's posts read as a talk2transformer output if it were populated exclusively with sc marketing taking points.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Larz posted:

Star Citizen: I can literally confirm Vulkan, VR, raytracing, server meshing, hand-tracking and other exotic new technologies

Typhooni strikes me as the guy who saw a celebrity he adores walking down the red carpet and because that celebrity waved at him, he knows their past, present, and future.

Someone should break the news to typhooni that even CR himself doesn't know what he wants, I believe he's even admitted as much. Just goes off ideas in his head.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Satyr Citizen

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Seder Citizen: Imagine Four Cups

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

I’m now entirely convinced Blobbers is one of you fucks being Andy Kaufman level dedicated to an almost decade long troll.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001
It's a shame that Star Citizen is such a niche product, easily ignorable by the vast majority of internet denizens, because I think "Blobering" would be a good word to describe following topics around to every single comment thread just to post the same drooling, obsessive, relentless idiocy you posted in all of the other ones.

Poor ol' Blobby, forever denied his chance at true Internet Fame.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Sandweed posted:

Compare that Mark Hamil to my main girl Parvati.

If you tweeted this to Hamill praising the new models in Squadron 54, he'd probably retweet it.

Or maybe not after Uncle Derek subtedly corrected him.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Supplemental:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

"Star Citizen Creator" - what a loving title. This career fraud, this reverse Robin Hood who steals from the mentally ill and gives to himself, is being credited as the creator of a nonexistent product, with no ideas and no design, and which has siphoned nearly half a billion dollars from an industry he hasn't been a part of in decades, if he ever really was.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
SECOND LIFE IN SPACE WAS WHAT WE ALWAYS WANTED

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Chris Roberts buying a 4 million dollar mansion is what we always wanted.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Scruffpuff posted:

"Star Citizen Creator" - what a loving title. This career fraud, this reverse Robin Hood who steals from the mentally ill and gives to himself, is being credited as the creator of a nonexistent product, with no ideas and no design, and which has siphoned nearly half a billion dollars from an industry he hasn't been a part of in decades, if he ever really was.

Lol I can’t believe that he’s still claiming that SC will be a full universe sim after 8 years of nothing.

Its ridiculous that anyone in the media still fauns over him after all of the exposes that have done on CIG. But this is probably a paid shill piece, the article is just too disconnected from reality.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm wondering if any employee at CIG has tried absolving themselves when they have made a mistake.

If so, I wonder how their manager reacted.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

colonelwest posted:

Lol I can’t believe that he’s still claiming that SC will be a full universe sim after 8 years of nothing.

Its ridiculous that anyone in the media still fauns over him after all of the exposes that have done on CIG. But this is probably a paid shill piece, the article is just too disconnected from reality.

That's the part that keeps getting me. This guy is a known quantity and there are still media pieces that treat his theoretical game as a foregone conclusion. If a guy says "I'm going to make Pac-Man 2020" you don't just start referring to him as "the creator of Pac-Man 2020" and in fact you don't even say that "this man will release Pac-Man 2020" - what you do is report his intent, and nothing more, until you have something concrete.

But no - Chris just says he's going to do something, and everyone from PC Gamer down to the most common poo poo-blog report it as a given: "Upcoming space opera Star Citizen to reinvent PC gaming." They were doing that poo poo before he even finished the kickstarter, and now 8 years later, he still isn't sure what he's building.

Add into the mix that literally everyone in the real gaming industry knows exactly who this fuckwad is (which is why none of them would touch him with a 10-foot pole) and it beggars belief how quickly the gaming media got on their knees, unless he was paying them right from the jump.

Scruffpuff fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Nov 16, 2019

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

colonelwest posted:

gently caress, CitizenCon is going to be so good this year lol.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Dynastocles posted:

Come up with something interesting for a change! Remar's Bight, New Dublin, Liangchien, Catteraugus, Founder's Rest -- hell, take these ones for free!

Splawn's Rebute
F'hari Pal Norstic
The Corporeal City
Bogarbo-Cruttin

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Scruffpuff posted:

Add into the mix that literally everyone in the real gaming industry knows exactly who this fuckwad is (which is why none of them would touch him with a 10-foot pole) and it beggars belief how quickly the gaming media got on their knees, unless he was paying them right from the jump.
Can you have sunk cost for giving a bad opinion? As I've said before, Chris got in at the convergence point of kickstarter idiocy, gamer nostalgia and game publisher hate which gave him a free pass with the notoriously poo poo gaming media. So maybe the few that still talk about it don't quite want to acknowledge how loving dumb and conned they were.

But you know, do try to keep in mind - this game is nothing. It's a non-entity. I have lots of closer to normal gamer friends who play f2p games and pubg and popular poo poo, with kids and jobs and lives, and none of them have heard of Star Citizen. For an eight year project it's about as meaningful to the world as a grocery store in a big city, and it has done less money besides.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

Trilobite posted:

It's a shame that Star Citizen is such a niche product, easily ignorable by the vast majority of internet denizens, because I think "Blobering" would be a good word to describe following topics around to every single comment thread just to post the same drooling, obsessive, relentless idiocy you posted in all of the other ones.

Poor ol' Blobby, forever denied his chance at true Internet Fame.

He's the anti KenM

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

TheAgent posted:

additional mocap shooting hasn't stopped since 2015. seriously. they were doing reshoots with sandi as a stand in for other actresses since they couldnt get the original actors back or they cost too much money. I think that was oct 2016 on an atv

Now there is a risk that all females appearances are cut from squadron 54.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

It's interesting how even Joe Blobers only claims 1.2 million backers this year.

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

Dear god I'd forgotten about this game, how on earth is it still not finished or alternatively sold off to creditors? That's an amazing achievement in itself.

Are people still giving them money for ships that don't exist yet even though there's a massive backlog of ships that don't exist that need finished? Or at least there was the last time I was taking the piss out of this non-game 2 and a half years ago, however I'm going to go ahead and assume, probably quite safely, that the situation hasn't changed?

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Tindahbawx posted:

Dear god I'd forgotten about this game, how on earth is it still not finished or alternatively sold off to creditors? That's an amazing achievement in itself.

Are people still giving them money for ships that don't exist yet even though there's a massive backlog of ships that don't exist that need finished? Or at least there was the last time I was taking the piss out of this non-game 2 and a half years ago, however I'm going to go ahead and assume, probably quite safely, that the situation hasn't changed?

Things are largely unchanged, yes.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Looking good! Only about half of all the features in the quarterly patch have been cut this week! At this rate they might actually ship an item or two in December!

MostlyRandom
Nov 1, 2019
Star Citizen:Subject to changes due to unforseen complexity

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I love the SQ42 roadmap thread, where either the lack of progress is due to working on a Citcon demo (that CIG said they wouldn't do anymore) or because the progress that is happening is going on in a way that doesn't get updated on the roadmap because of the way their project management software works (then why have the roadmap?).

Could it be the horrific mismanagement that plagues the rest of the project has stalled all progress, and it's harder to hide on SQ42 because it can't produce a ship for sale every month? No, no, it's something ELSE, of course!

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Nov 16, 2019

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

colonelwest posted:

This. At this point the only valid parallel would have been interviewing CEO of OUYA, hugely successfully crowdfunded campaign, for the future of gaming consoles...

...if OUYA was still in development, years late, was still taking money from idiots who believed in the non-viable "free the games" motto, and had as working prototype what we now know was the final product (which to be fair, at least was closer to what was promised than Star Citizen will ever be).

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Tindahbawx posted:

Star Citizen is breaking new ground; a project that is too big to succeed

Edit: succeed meaning release,not make money

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Out of curiosity I looked at an old road map of FFXIV 2.0 and it basically says "Redo loving everything" and it took them 2 years.

They finished the battle system in 5 months.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

WaltherFeng posted:

They finished the battle system
See, you'll never be like Chris if you do something as silly as that.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

WaltherFeng posted:

Out of curiosity I looked at an old road map of FFXIV 2.0 and it basically says "Redo loving everything" and it took them 2 years.

They finished the battle system in 5 months.
Yeah, but they didn't have to build their game studio from the scratch for the first six years and their community didn't vote in some non-representative poll on the forum that they should increase the scope of the game without the change of promised release date

Check mate

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I love the SQ42 roadmap thread, where either the lack of progress is due to working on a Citcon demo (that CIG said they wouldn't do anymore) or because the progress that is happening is going on in a way that doesn't get updated on the roadmap because of the way their project management software works (then why have the roadmap?).

Could it be the horrific mismanagement that plagues the rest of the project has stalled all progress, and it's harder to hide on SQ42 because it can't produce a ship for sale every month? No, no, it's something ELSE, of course!

The lack of progress on SC is because they are focusing on SQ42
The lack of process on SQ42 is because they are focusing on Citizencon
The lack of stuff for Citizencon is because they are focusing on SC and not wasting time on doing stuff for the con.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Counterpoint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izQB2-Kmiic

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Riposte.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpRjFSsteLc

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
FF14 also had the advantage of knowing what kind of game it even was supposed to be

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Sarsapariller posted:

Looking good! Only about half of all the features in the quarterly patch have been cut this week! At this rate they might actually ship an item or two in December!

oh man, i love that 3.8.0 is pretty much completely crossed out. Citizens­™ were eager to point out that that would have been the Holy Patch that would Just Fix Everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Must have been a hell of a meeting to decide that NPC healing won't make it for 3.9.