Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

All y'all out here still playing 2D sports. The only true good nicknames for Scorbunny are Tidus, Jecht, or JECHTSHOT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Twerkdad posted:

All y'all out here still playing 2D sports. The only true good nicknames for Scorbunny are Tidus, Jecht, or JECHTSHOT

Name it HAAHAAHAA

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Twerkdad posted:

You said you had three of them on your team, but you only bring out one. That'll get audiences coming back each time to see the other two rabbits.

Would Protean be useful on Passimian? Trying to think on theme teams now, and its the closest I can think of to a Blitzball-slinging Wakka.

The Bee fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Nov 16, 2019

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So does the fire gym leader Gigantamix his Centiskorch? Because I was under the impression those extra transformations only happen with Gigantimaxing but I'm pretty sure he said Dynamaxing so shouldn't it just be a larger version of Centiskorch? My Dreadnaw didn't change form when Dynamaxed

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
What determines the weather in the Wild Area?

E: it's date and time. Futzing about with it on your Switch will change it at random.

BearDrivingTruck fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Nov 16, 2019

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Just caught a shiny Rookidee, so that owns.

Robotic Accolade
Jul 23, 2007

EDF! EDF! EDF!
Hey I'm linktrading on 1194 again, if anyone wants a frog. I'd love a monkey or rabbit but you don't need to offer anything fancy for a frog.

e: got a cool monkey! I'll still be on for a while if anyone else wants a cool frog friend.

Robotic Accolade fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Nov 16, 2019

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
does Ripen interact with Leftovers? every turn my Appletun uses his leftovers it mentions Ripen as if it were modifying it in some way.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Ms Adequate posted:

Just caught a shiny Rookidee, so that owns.

nice, i got one too. the middle stage gets more silver-y, i'm excited to see what corviknight looks like

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Should I use my Leech Life TR on Sizzlipede?

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

The game hasn't even hit 75% download and I already have version regret. But I get the feeling I would have it just as bad if I chose differently

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I am addicted to fighting giant pokemons and getting shittons of rare candies and technical records that I will never use because what if I find a better pokemon to use it on

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Are the dynamax raid things in the wild area meant to be done at cap or are they scaled to your level or whatever

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Brother Entropy posted:

nice, i got one too. the middle stage gets more silver-y, i'm excited to see what corviknight looks like

sick, can't wait to see it!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Macaluso posted:

So does the fire gym leader Gigantamix his Centiskorch? Because I was under the impression those extra transformations only happen with Gigantimaxing but I'm pretty sure he said Dynamaxing so shouldn't it just be a larger version of Centiskorch? My Dreadnaw didn't change form when Dynamaxed

He does. When you Gigantamax it just says Dynamax

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Are the dynamax raid things in the wild area meant to be done at cap or are they scaled to your level or whatever

i think they're designed to be around the level of the wild pokemon around it? if an overleveled player comes into one of the early area ones they'll just wreck it in one attack so i don't think there's much scaling going on

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
In SM/USUM you unlocked the ability to see your Pokémons' IVs directly via your PC. Is that in this game as well?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Zore posted:

He does. When you Gigantamax it just says Dynamax

That's some bullshit :colbert:

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I just got a spectacled silkworm and I have no idea what it becomes but I'm excited and having fun.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

There are SO MANY pokemon oh my god. How am I ever going to get to the town. I need everyone.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Countblanc posted:

does Ripen interact with Leftovers? every turn my Appletun uses his leftovers it mentions Ripen as if it were modifying it in some way.

:stare:

If Ripen really boosts Leftovers then that's nuts, especially with Appletun's bulk and typing.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Hmm, my Farfetch'd just killed 3 Pokemon in a single battle and didn't evolve. What did I do wrong?

Eyre Kneed
Jul 1, 2008

I'm trying to find version differences without spoiling myself. I'm not trying to buy both and a third game.

Is there a list of legacy mons in each game?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

100 degrees Calcium posted:

only villains do this
I'm guilty of this, but only because I tend to have awful luck and will get poo poo like Torterra with +Speed -Atk. AKA, the worst possible nature

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Mef989 posted:

Hmm, my Farfetch'd just killed 3 Pokemon in a single battle and didn't evolve. What did I do wrong?

Not kills, crits.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Just started my file on Sword. At the point already of extreme decision paralysis over which starter I want.

Robotic Accolade
Jul 23, 2007

EDF! EDF! EDF!

HopperUK posted:

There are SO MANY pokemon oh my god. How am I ever going to get to the town. I need everyone.

That's one of my favorite things about this generation. I remember in Unova there were tons of cool pokemon that I wanted but only showed up at the very end of the game, or near to it. Now between the enriched early zones and the wild zone it feels like I have tons of options. I'm not thrilled about the reduced dex, but I'll gladly take 400 pokemon with 200 available early over 800 pokemon with 750 of them only showing up in postgame.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Man they start these gyms out strong huh?

Also I'm now absolutely crippled with choices for my team, thank god for this exp share because I can't pick half my slots.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

sexpig by night posted:

Man they start these gyms out strong huh?

Also I'm now absolutely crippled with choices for my team, thank god for this exp share because I can't pick half my slots.

I got through the first gym okay because I had plenty of stuff strong against his type, but the first trainer battle on Route 5 loving devastated me lol

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Oh my gosh, the plush keychains from The Pokemon Center are so much bigger than I thought they'd be!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Catalina posted:

Oh my gosh, the plush keychains from The Pokemon Center are so much bigger than I thought they'd be!

Oh my god I need that Sobble

":("

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Yo, if anyone happens to have a spare female Poke with Synchronize, let me know!

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Doublepost, but the Earbuds are in Motostoke. Talk to the record store guy past the archway.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Dude what is with the catch rate in this game? I should not be burning through 7+ great balls on some basic Pokemon with nearly dead health

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I have blown over 2/3rds of my starting funds on Fashionmon

I may have a problem.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Dude what is with the catch rate in this game? I should not be burning through 7+ great balls on some basic Pokemon with nearly dead health

lemme guess: wingull

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Might be confirmation bias, but I feel like it's harder to catch pokemon the closer to your level they are.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
please, god, is there a way to turn off the stupid "someone else did a wonder trade~! :downs:" icons on the left side of the screen

even switching to local connection doesn't save me from them

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Brother Entropy posted:

lemme guess: wingull

That was definitely one of them. It's been others though too outside of the wild area.

Also what the hell is this Mareanie??? I'm fairly sure this isn't a new one, but I don't think I've ever seen this one before. Is this a Sun and Moon Pokemon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Macaluso posted:

That was definitely one of them. It's been others though too outside of the wild area.

Also what the hell is this Mareanie??? I'm fairly sure this isn't a new one, but I don't think I've ever seen this one before. Is this a Sun and Moon Pokemon?

mareanie was in sun/moon but you'd almost never find it in the wild unless you were specifically seeking it out so it's possible to just miss it entirely. it's evolution is a real fucker competitively and iirc james had one in the anime