Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Still very early, where on route 2 does zigzagoon spawn? Trying to fill out my planned team asap, since I heard obstagoon takes a lot of fights to evolve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just got a Sizzlepede and named him Mr Moostache :3:

Apparently Nuzlockes bring out the worst in me :v:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Dad Jokes posted:

Still very early, where on route 2 does zigzagoon spawn? Trying to fill out my planned team asap, since I heard obstagoon takes a lot of fights to evolve.

Mine was in the patch of grass just after the stairs.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Fashion Pokemon / pokemon souls is all that matters

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm doing a no-item run because every time I hit the town I blow my savings on pants.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
So, nuzlocking folks: Are you treating the Wild Area as one big area or treating each region of it as separate?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

seriously what the gently caress is with the catch rates in this game

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

HopperUK posted:

Mine was in the patch of grass just after the stairs.

Thanks, finally found one there.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Zerilan posted:

So, nuzlocking folks: Are you treating the Wild Area as one big area or treating each region of it as separate?

The rule I am currently running are:
- Everytime the story prompts you to return to the Wild Area, that counts as a new 'zone'.
- You are allowed to catch 1 random pokemon
- You are allowed to catch 1 raid pokemon (Because they're random)

The wild area is rather large, so I'm treating random pokemon + raid pokemon as 2 separate encounters. Don't treat the subzones as new areas, just treat the Wild Zone as one BIG zone.
Thus far I have only entered the Wild Zone twice. Once on my way to register for the Gym Challenge, and a second time after defeating the Fire Gym.

I think these are fair rules that are keeping within the spirit of a Nuzlocke?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Anyone got a spare Toxel?

Cartoon Violence
Oct 30, 2012

Stop being such goons, you CLODS!

According to Serebii, I have one of everything from Route 1 and 2 caught and I didn't get a pop up, leading me to wonder if it only tells you if you catch one of everything including duplicates of stuff from other Routes.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

How far in do you get the living projectile (Dreepy).

Asking for a friend.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

iospace posted:

How far in do you get the living projectile (Dreepy).

Asking for a friend.

You can get it early if you get lucky with a max raid. Otherwise its super late and it evolves at Hydreigon levels so its actively painful to use

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Ms Adequate posted:

Watch a pigeon get hit by lightning and rethink that lol

as opposed to things on land that are fine when struck by lightning

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Brother Entropy posted:

seriously what the gently caress is with the catch rates in this game

Seems normal.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Unfriend, the Stunfisk, has died :negative:
He was my friend :negative:

He has been replaced with Majima, the Pawniard.
Apparently I need to start grinding, as I have been actively avoiding overlevelling.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Has anyone managed to catch one of the Carkoals that spawn on the mine tracks? They're too drat fast.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
That electric ice dinosaur has to be a joke. It looks like a child's notebook drawing

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Xander B Coolridge posted:

That electric ice dinosaur has to be a joke. It looks like a child's notebook drawing

british paleontologists were not very good at their job

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I don't feel the level curve has been too bad. While I got ahead at first, the game has been ramping it up pretty well.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Zore posted:

Just burned 50 Pokeballs and 7 great balls trying to get Wobbuffet :shepicide:

Uh, same, but not quite fifty. What the gently caress.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Man, there is just so drat much to catch on every drat route. And the majority of it is pretty much prepackaged to slide on in to your current team immediately, with the exp candy there to give it a couple of levels if need be.

I'm surprised how much fully evolved stuff is just available in the wild even this early in the game.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Zore posted:

Just burned 50 Pokeballs and 7 great balls trying to get Wobbuffet :shepicide:

Same I ended up using about 20 balls in total getting one. Bizarre.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
my god Farfetch’d is absolutely no joke.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Infinitum posted:

Unfriend, the Stunfisk, has died :negative:
He was my friend :negative:

He has been replaced with Majima, the Pawniard.
Apparently I need to start grinding, as I have been actively avoiding overlevelling.

These posts make me happy because it means that my own Nuzlocke will have spots of challenge.

I'm doing mine with a clause that only new mons count, so my team is Drum Wugong the Thwackey, Corvidae the Rookidee, :justorb: the psychic bug second form, vroomvroom the Rollycolly and Fleur the flower pokemon.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I've stopped having trouble catching things when I started using a pokemon that was a few levels higher than what I'm trying to catch.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

MonsterEnvy posted:

Did you turn on the internet. If not you will be looking for partners in wi fi range.

Though it still feels a bit off even with the net on. Hope that gets fixed.

So I feel really dumb but when you do join someone's open mega raid from a stamp, do you hit Start a Challenge to join? I didn't wanna gently caress up someone else's raid :ohdear:

Also the first G-Farfetch'd I caught didn't have a leek, c'mon :argh:

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Do I need to do something special to get higher star max raid battles?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TheHan posted:

my god Farfetch’d is absolutely no joke.

turns out some extra attack and a type change is all farfetch'd needed to become a stone cone killer

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

These posts make me happy because it means that my own Nuzlocke will have spots of challenge.

I'm doing mine with a clause that only new mons count, so my team is Drum Wugong the Thwackey, Corvidae the Rookidee, :justorb: the psychic bug second form, vroomvroom the Rollycolly and Fleur the flower pokemon.

Unfriend dying hurt, because I realised I could have used him as a tank in the long run.

I think the difficulty is starting to ramp up post Gym 3, and I'm starting to play more strategically.
I'm really enjoying the fact I've gone in for my first ever Nuzlocke in SwSh

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I spent so much time in the wild area when I should probably have been progressing. But hell! I love catching Pokémon!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
very good

https://clips.twitch.tv/CogentSpoopyWolfFailFish

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I'm glad Nuzlocke is still proving to be an acceptable challenge. I might try it sometime.

I'm not at all concerned about challenge in this game though honestly and overleveling is a super non-issue to me. I can't remember the last time I didn't just straight up dumpster any trainer I've had to deal with before in the past 20 years anyway, so I don't really play Pokemon for the challenge or the grind. I like to collect the ones I like and dunk on people. If I wanted challenge I'd try competitive play, but I feel like that's when you start delving into toxic stuff that has turned me off of playing anything competitively.

Or you know, play a game that was meant to be hard to begin with.

That said, not letting the player choose Exp Share to be on or off is a weird choice among many. Doesn't ruin anything for me, just weird.

Cartoon Violence
Oct 30, 2012

Stop being such goons, you CLODS!

I just got to the Wild Area for the first time and my "avatar" so to speak in announcing to people I caught something or joining raid battles is some doofy looking guy it looks like. How do I change that?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

goty is now confirmed, sorry Disco Elysium

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Such brave boys.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
question, can you breed your starter to get a cool nickname or is that only captured pokes?

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Anyone have any hints on evolving farfetch'd? Like perhaps where I can find a Dire Hit/TR for Focus energy?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Anyone have any hints on evolving farfetch'd? Like perhaps where I can find a Dire Hit/TR for Focus energy?

Catch more; it can have a leek item that gives +2 critical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Catch more; it can have a leek item that gives +2 critical.

I didn't know that! Thanks for the advice! Does compound eyes still increase item odds?